Coronavirus (COVID-19)

48 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It certainly would be - what nutter's been doing that, then?

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Just had a quick skate through the last few days on here - a few noticeable absentees, which is a shame because I reckon Oaksoft could do with a bit of white knighting over the mask issue. Credit to TiG, mind, for the early attendance this morning. 

🤔

I’m not defending Bauld but hospitalisations clearly will go up in the coming weeks from the c.300 levels they’d went down to. More cases still equal more hospitalisation, even at the drastically reduced rate in comparison to the start of the year.

What we also know however is a) that it’s very manageable for the health service and b) we could more than half the numbers in hospital if everyone eligible for vaccination took it.
Yip spot on. They also take longer to rise with each wave due to better treatments and higher vaccination levels to break through but anyone who says that a claim hospital numbers will rise is "wrong" is most definitely wrong themselves. Basic common sense would tell you 3500 cases a day will lead to more people needing hospital treatment than 1000 cases a day.

Struggling to find an exact figure, but 12-15s look to be about 7 or 8% of the population, so a significant amount of transmission reduction if most of them get vaccinated. I think the argument should be whether we should be giving the doses to countries who need them far more rather than whether it would be worthwhile.

Read an article there on BBC news about young folk with "long covid", got to laugh how seriously it's being taken. When I had post viral fatigue about a decade ago I was basically shunned by the doctor and offered CBT treatment as I imagine they thought it was all in my head. Scunnering to see how they're bending backwards over it now whereas 12 years ago I was made out to be a hypochondriac 

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

Plenty of folk would have happily done this here given the amout of "are pet shops really essential?" type comments from folk during the initial lockdown. The idea of murdering animals rather than making exceptions to allow people to look after them properly is absolutely horrific.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Read an article there on BBC news about young folk with "long covid", got to laugh how seriously it's being taken. When I had post viral fatigue about a decade ago I was basically shunned by the doctor and offered CBT treatment as I imagine they thought it was all in my head. Scunnering to see how they're bending backwards over it now whereas 12 years ago I was made out to be a hypochondriac 

So because you were treated poorly, you want people 12 years later to be treated poorly as well?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Struggling to find an exact figure, but 12-15s look to be about 7 or 8% of the population, so a significant amount of transmission reduction if most of them get vaccinated. I think the argument should be whether we should be giving the doses to countries who need them far more rather than whether it would be worthwhile.

But they don't need to be vaccinated, so is any small gain in transmission reduction to try and protect more old people, who are near universally vaccinated themselves, the correct decision morally? Particularly given the reduction in transmission dynamic is reduced by Delta.

5 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Just had a quick skate through the last few days on here - a few noticeable absentees, which is a shame because I reckon Oaksoft could do with a bit of white knighting over the mask issue. Credit to TiG, mind, for the early attendance this morning. 

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Searching through the thread to see if certain people have posted is a bit weird…

English not your first language, fella?

3,189 new cases of COVID-19 reported  (3190 yesterday, 1567 one week ago)

27,296 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

12.4% of these were positive (10.8% yesterday, 6.4% one week ago)

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

41 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (34 yesterday, 39 one week ago)

356 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (338 yesterday, 337 one week ago. Was as low as 312 on Friday)

4,082,698 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,572,042 have received their second dose.

Hospital numbers very much on the rise again.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

She expects hospitalisations to go up.

How many times does this woman need to be wrong before she admits she doesn't know what she's talking about?

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hospital numbers very much on the rise again.

That aged well...

17 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Out of curiosity anyone remember the low point we got to before the last wave went up?

In terms of hospital numbers we were at 61 in the middle of May.

Case numbers were at a seven day average of about 150 per day at the beginning of May, certainly less than 200 per day. Of course rates of testing very different at that time.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

49 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You use the term "they" to describe both the BBC and your GP and equate their responses as one and the same. How is your doctor treating long covid? 

The BBC can write as many articles as they want about long covid, your GP is probably still offering folk CBT and telling them to f**k off. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You use the term "they" to describe both the BBC and your GP and equate their responses as one and the same. How is your doctor treating long covid? 

The BBC can write as many articles as they want about long covid, your GP is probably still offering folk CBT and telling them to f**k off. 

I'm not sure that having some dominatrix stamping on my nuts and putting my old chap in a clamp would be much help if I was suffering, to be honest.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I'm not sure that having some dominatrix stamping on my nuts and putting my old chap in a clamp would be much help if I was suffering, to be honest.

It helps take your mind off other trivial stuff like tiredness.