Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pleased to hear all the good experiences but I’m afraid I found the opposite today.

I visited the bank, a supermarket and a couple of independent shops and almost 100% of people were masked.

Worse still, I saw lots of people walking about in the open air wearing masks.

Depressing.

Maybe they saw you coming with your fake lanyard and didn't want to put you at risk with your feeble lungs.

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pleased to hear all the good experiences but I’m afraid I found the opposite today.

I visited the bank, a supermarket and a couple of independent shops and almost 100% of people were masked.

Worse still, I saw lots of people walking about in the open air wearing masks.

Depressing.

I think some folk will wear a face covering forever. Which is absolutely their call, and if that’s what they want to do, go for it. My problem lies purely in the politicians clinging onto something they can try to make us all do, even in situations that don’t even merit it. As months go by and turn into years, I would never, ever, dream of laughing at, having a go at, or thinking ill of anyone still wearing a facemask. As long as cnuts like Swinney or Leitch aren’t telling me to wear one any longer, I don’t care - do whatever the hell you want. It’s your life.

Edited by pozbaird

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

This and the replies. iZT8ghc.png

Some people are broken beyond repair.

Fair play to her, I let out a proper hearty laugh at this wee exchange.

image.png.2f20b1bb4ee3822ec447cd467fe080ec.png

Shut the nightclubs in Glasgow, Orkney is on the rise. :lol: 

Especially when you refer to her tweet an hour before the above:

image.png.26833f9a4710691d34ac9af8ccb17f85.png

One new case. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

One case? In Australia, that’s enough to send troops in.

40 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Does Orkney have nightclubs if not it seems that is why the cases are RISING!

Time I think to check on what The Science insisted would happen after Reckless Freedom Day was carried out in England three weeks ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/18/uk-covid-cases-could-hit-200000-a-day-says-neil-ferguson-scientist-behind-lockdown-strategy-england

Prof Neil Ferguson said it was “almost inevitable” that Monday’s final phase of unlocking would bring on 100,000 daily cases, with about 1,000 hospitalisations – despite roughly half the UK being fully vaccinated. He added that he could foresee a situation in which the case rate expands to twice the size.

“The real question is do we get to double that – or even higher,” he told BBC One’s Andrew Marr Show on Sunday,. “And that’s where the crystal ball starts to fail. I mean, we could get to 2,000 hospitalisations a day, 200,000 cases a day – but it’s much less certain.”

Actual daily cases: just over 25,000 - half of those when lifting restrictions took place. Looks like that 'crystal ball' was a complete fucking failure all along then. 

Sage advisers expect 1,000 to 2,000 daily hospital admissions over the summer after the unlocking, and 100-200 deaths a day, under what was described as the “central scenario".

Once again the "central scenario" of SAGE and their shan modellers proving to be as useful a guide as a Michael Fish weather forecast.

Where are all the mewling apologies and resignations for having misled the public and political leaders alike?

Why aren't the independent SAGE clowns being huckled back to the newsrooms right now to be eviscerated for their exponential growth!!!11!! nonsense, before being tossed out of academia as attention-seeking frauds? 

This hasn't even been a case of not getting the rate of change spot on: they got the entire fucking track wrong one week out. It's still wrong and their gubbins models can't account for it. That is beyond useless. 

Autofile their contributions in the bin where they belong. 1559767166_a0VfzmH5fSHJ(1).gif.6430f5c7c1e13b9ee06b0f416f81d2f6.gif

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Time I think to check on what The Science insisted would happen after Reckless Freedom Day was carried out in England three weeks ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/18/uk-covid-cases-could-hit-200000-a-day-says-neil-ferguson-scientist-behind-lockdown-strategy-england

Actual daily cases: just over 25,000 - half of those when lifting restrictions took place. Looks like that 'crystal ball' was a complete fucking failure all along then. 

Once again the "central scenario" of SAGE and their shan modellers proving to be as useful a guide as a Michael Fish weather forecast.

Where are all the mewling apologies and resignations for having misled the public and political leaders alike?

Why aren't the independent SAGE clowns being huckled back to the newsrooms right now to be eviscerated for their exponential growth!!!11!! nonsense, before being tossed out of academia as attention-seeking frauds? 

This hasn't even been a case of not getting the rate of change spot on: they got the entire fucking track wrong one week out. It's still wrong and their gubbins models can't account for it. That is beyond useless. 

Autofile their contributions in the bin where they belong. 1559767166_a0VfzmH5fSHJ(1).gif.6430f5c7c1e13b9ee06b0f416f81d2f6.gif

Unfortunately, they'll tell you that their advice 'changed behaviour' and that prevented the scenario.

They'll do this with a straight face as well.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

Booked a trip to York for October and I tell you I have never been more excited to holiday in England.

In York right now. It’s a pretty mixed bag, but definitely a lot more relaxed than Scotland. Hotel I’m in still asking for face masks indoors, and most people still wearing them when going into shops, but then the restaurant I had dinner in there wasn’t a single mask either staff or customers which was bizarre. It felt absolutely no different to pre-pandemic which was good.

Best thing though is the complete lack of track and trace (or whatever the name actually is). Every place I’ve been has a sign with a QR code, but it says it’s not mandatory and not a single staff member has even suggested doing it. Glorious.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately, they'll tell you that their advice 'changed behaviour' and that prevented the scenario.

They'll do this with a straight face as well.

I read something from Ferguson a couple of days ago blaming the football for the models being out.  It made no coherent sense so none of it stuck.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

The ABSULOOT BOI of the past 18 months doing bits. jj.png

Sad that they just can’t bring themselves have an article with a total shagger like Balloux without giving equal coverage in the same piece to some miserable naysayer just being contrary for the sake of it.