Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

No mystery Northern Ireland has stalled and continues to be Europe's hotspot at 432.9 which is way out in front of all other nations in Europe let alone the UK.

Only 65.13% of 18-29s had a 1st Jag compared to 73.20% in Scotland

72.24% of 30-39s compared to 81.30%  & 84.94% of 40-49s compared to 91.10%

Pretty poor uptake.

Free fleg of choice with each vaccine.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Anti vaccine protesters have stormed  the BBC studios at White City.

Sorry, that should read former BBC studios as the BBC moved out a few years ago.  The studios are now used by ITV.

After they are finished there, they are to march off to the Science Museum to protest against evolution, "the round Earth" theory and the moon landings. Then it's home to mummy's speciality, boiled eggs and dippy soldiers. 

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Small studio still there were this morning and loose women are filmed.

Phil and Holly have obviously inflamed the zoomers 

It just looks like a bunch of kids along with a few local neds.

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

After they are finished there, they are to march off to the Science Museum to protest against evolution, "the round Earth" theory and the moon landings. Then it's home to mummy's speciality, boiled eggs and dippy soldiers. 

to where they find that every bit of furniture in the home has been moved abut and then placed exactly where it was before

Neither Sturgeon nor Johnson ever sound comfortable speaking about vaccine passports. 

The fact that she is lockstep with the UK government on this should be another anvil dropping for independence supporters that Sturgeon will never ever rock the boat in any significant way. Environmental law exemption for the Queen granted in secret, rolling out the red carpet for AirBnB, she's an establishment toady. 

Edited by Detournement

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Neither Sturgeon nor Johnson ever sound comfortable speaking about vaccine passports. 

The fact that she is lockstep with the UK government on this should be another anvil dropping for independence supporters that Sturgeon will never ever rock the boat in any significant way. Environmental law exemption for the Queen granted in secret, rolling out the red carpet for AirBnB, she's an establishment toady. 

Not quite seeing it that way. Whether it is other countries demanding them, or so many trips by folk from Scotland being from or involving other UK countries' ports or airports, it was probably inevitable. There's no point in Scotland saying "we're no havin' them on a point of principle" if every other country insists on them. 

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not quite seeing it that way. Whether it is other countries demanding them, or so many trips by folk from Scotland being from or involving other UK countries' ports or airports, it was probably inevitable. There's no point in Scotland saying "we're no havin' them on a point of principle" if every other country insists on them. 

As she says the app is explicitly designed to change into a vaccine passport and we know that the firm designing the UK app have built it so it can go from vaccine passport to all purpose Digital ID. It's the same in the EU. 

It's now simply a question of when. The strategy is clearly to bring as many people into the system voluntarily as possible before making it compulsory. The Observor had an article yesterday about mandatory vaccination for employment which probably means the government are keen for people get used to that idea. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Anti vaccine protesters have stormed  the BBC studios at White City.

Sorry, that should read former BBC studios as the BBC moved out a few years ago.  The studios are now used by ITV.

The irony of these people following blindly and not doing their own research to know if the BBC still own the building!

If only the rhetoric coming out of Scotland was as pragmatic as it is in Denmark. Maybe then we wouldn't have as many bed wetters and curtain twitchers.

Edited by Elixir

I caught the tail end of a news report so I may have this wrong, but masks still required in places of worship for singing? I think all religion is a crock of shit but jeez why isnt that "safe" yet snogging the face off of some random and doing karaoke on a dancefloor is? Its beyond laughable now 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Proof of vaccine staus is something that I think will happen in the UK, just as it's happening in France and Italy. Most people dont see a problem in it and the previously woke left who hate discrimination are one of the main ones advocating for it.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've booked a wee trip down south on the train for later this month. Am I correct in thinking that, as soon as we cross the border, I can take my mask off?

Not fancying wearing it all the way to Newcastle tbqh.

There was some noise about that when LNER said they wouldn’t enforce or require mask wearing North of the border.  All went quiet after the initial outrage though.

Just now, Left Back said:

There was some noise about that when LNER said they wouldn’t enforce or require mask wearing North of the border.  All went quiet after the initial outrage though.

I can just about deal with it until Carlisle. But after that I'd be delighted to free my nose and breathe in the fresh train carriage air. 

Hopeful they won't give a toss.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can just about deal with it until Carlisle. But after that I'd be delighted to free my nose and breathe in the fresh train carriage air. 

Hopeful they won't give a toss.

They broadcast reminders on the train but don't seem to enforce it. I went to London last week and took the mask off well before the border. You can take it off if eating or drinking anyway.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Proof of vaccine staus is something that I think will happen in the UK, just as it's happening in France and Italy. Most people dont see a problem in it and the previously woke left who hate discrimination are one of the main ones advocating for it.

Ignoring the 'woke' comment....

I was confused as to why so many prominent left wing media figures believe the Tories are racist and cause huge suffering and death yet are comfortable with the creation of digital control infrastructure until I watched a Novara media YouTube broadcast. 

Deepti was on it spewing her pish and every couple of minutes someone would send them between 10 and 50 quid to have pro restriction messages read out. So basically instead of taking a position based on left wing analysis and principles they necessarily have to take positions which encourage friendless weirdos to send them money. 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It seems to be working in Ireland with no major resistance. Apparently they don't see whether or not you make a contribution to public health and your own as being on the same planet as being banned from inside a pub because of skin colour or religion.

Edited by welshbairn