Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Nothing says 'rebelling against the man' like a permission slip.

Same energy as Richard Madeley saying they should boo the trains when the drivers were on strike. Just the smallest dick vibe.

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Got to laugh at NS on BBC breakfast basically saying vaccine passports could well be used for things other than foreign travel. The same shit BJ pulled on their “freedom day” 

Is that not standard, whetver england does she follows but 3 weeks later

54 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k me swinney must be a masochist who loves getting publicly abused . 

also both the SNP and the torries need to but out on WFH, it's between employers, employees and unions what happens now as it was pre pandemic, 

Definitely- my work have now taken exactly that approach and the office is now open for those who want to go in.

Personally I’m looking forward to no longer starting at my bedroom wall 5 days a week and I know a lot of colleagues feel similar.

Clearly it shouldn’t be ‘everyone in 5 days a week’ but it should be up to individual employers and employees to find out what works for both parties.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Definitely- my work have now taken exactly that approach and the office is now open for those who want to go in.

Personally I’m looking forward to no longer starting at my bedroom wall 5 days a week and I know a lot of colleagues feel similar.

Clearly it shouldn’t be ‘everyone in 5 days a week’ but it should be up to individual employers and employees to find out what works for both parties.

Agree it must be an agreement between employer and employee but in the case of the public sector I understand that staff who travel into London from suburbia are often given ‘London weighting allowances’.  Under those circumstances and if they refuse to go back to normal working then thy should lose those allowances. I can see quite a few conflicts arising.

Covid restrictions in Scotland have been lifted at the "right moment", according to the first minister.

Nicola Sturgeon admitted to feeling "nervousness" at the move, but said the vaccine was now giving "significant protection".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58136277

The Public Sector department I used to work for paid London weighting for employees that were in London at least 40% of their working week. Clearly this was long before Covid hit and so it was purely office-based, but it's a point that will lead to contention and I can see attempts to remove it to save money unless the employee is physically present. 

Until just before I left, the Civil Service's attitude to working from home was arcane. Pretty much not permissible at all unless you had a very good reason, although that did relax a little bit before I left. Local management then were the issue, with inconsistent treatment applied.

The two private sector employers I'm familiar with both pay it as a non-contractual benefit. 

One thing we do need to avoid is some nonsense concept of weighting pay based on where the employee lives. 

Edited by Michael W

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

With all the sex-deprived horny gits back in the clubs, I'd imagine the better looking lassies will benefit from 'resistance training'.... 

I'll get my coat.. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

With all the sex-deprived horny gits back in the clubs, I'd imagine the better looking lassies will benefit from 'resistance training'.... 

I'll get my coat.. 

That'll quickly get rid of the lockdown bingo wings.

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

CMA looking at the cost of PCR tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58137461

Love the way the chief exec of one of the companies came up with on how to make them cheaper.  simply cut the VAT.  In other words don't be touching our profits.

As ever, they need binned completely before it's a permanent money grab for snakes which makes travel a total minefield.

16 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

“A face covering should be worn when engaging in activities such as pool or darts.”  😂

Q: Does a face covering need to be worn when singing at a karaoke?
A: No. There is an exemption for performers. Performers must however maintain distance of at least 1 metre from others or a partition between performers and the audience should be installed.  

Why is social distancing still in place here. Thought it was gone?

The SG are endangering their whole public health strategy with these farcical rules for hospitality. Whether you agree or not with mandating them for supermarkets, public transport, hospitals etc, when people inevitably ignore the rules in pubs and clubs they're likely to start ignoring them elsewhere too.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The SG are endangering their whole public health strategy with these farcical rules for hospitality. Whether you agree or not with mandating them for supermarkets, public transport, hospitals etc, when people inevitably ignore the rules in pubs and clubs they're likely to start ignoring them elsewhere too.

I can see face coverings etc being ditched for all hospitality settings at the next review like Wales have done.

10 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

#FBLC 

IMG_20210809_130238.thumb.jpg.2bb78d044c8ffdef12e3b955e2a6e17b.jpg

I'm gony sound like an auld da here but f**k it, what the f**k is wrong with c***s these days? there seems to be an ever growing mentality that if you don't get the result you want you keep shouting louder and louder untill you do.  this obviously isnt an age related thing as we saw with the trump riots 

lockdown should  be lifted, how long and to what extent do these people think that the government must protect them from ever getting sick? it's just farcical now. 

the FBPE crowd have been having a continuous heads gone for over 5 years now, it's mental

i wasn't t happy about the result of the 2014 indy vote. 

i wasn't  happy about the result of the 2015 Scottish cup final

i was't happy about the result of the 2016 EU vote

were they the result of foul play? - no

Should any of them be replayed? - no

Does it make any sense to keep moaning about it on the internet ? - no

These c***s- if one politician says black- we'll say white

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I can see face coverings etc being ditched for all hospitality settings at the next review like Wales have done.

And hopefully they'll bring it forward, to this week.