Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

My son is 16 and really doesn't want it. Not keen on the needle. 

Has he never needed one at the dentist? That's a million times worse, it's only a little p***k but be careful how you say it.

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Hold on, what's the point of a fit and healthy 12 - 16 year old getting the vaccine.

They won't die if they get it.

According to the endless adverts even if you are vaccinated you can still pass it on.

Just don't see what it will achieve in real life.

By that logic, there's no point in any fit and healthy person being vaccinated.

They'll be less likely to get it and less likely to pass it on if a decent number of them are vaccinated.

Edited by Gordon EF

By that logic, there's no point in any fit and healthy person being vaccinated.
They'll be less likely to get it and less likely to pass it on if a decent number of them are vaccinated.
Or just let them get it, maybe be a bit under the weather whilst all the people who need the vaccine and have already had the vaccine carry on.

Just seems like another reason to push things back longer up here.

29 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Hold on, what's the point of a fit and healthy 12 - 16 year old getting the vaccine.

They won't die if they get it.

Just don't see what it will achieve in real life.

What's the point of anyone voting, it's hugely unlikely their vote will affect who's elected.

Edited by welshbairn

42 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Or just let them get it, maybe be a bit under the weather whilst all the people who need the vaccine and have already had the vaccine carry on.

Just seems like another reason to push things back longer up here.

Agreed, it shouldn't postpone further lifting of restrictions.

But folk are letting their eagerness to see restrictions lifted get to them. There is a benefit in vaccinating 16-17 year olds and nobody has said that's going to hold up further lifting of restrictions.

If only we had a huge 7-8 week gap there that would have been perfect to jab some children that will be returning to schools and therefore reduce infections in them and their parents and grandparents.  If only.

6 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

If only we had a huge 7-8 week gap there that would have been perfect to jab some children that will be returning to schools and therefore reduce infections in them and their parents and grandparents.  If only.

The fact that the jcvi are English based is probably a factor as they will have the holiday time to get through it.

11 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Equally, if only we had a place where children all gather together and we can jag them in batches

1 minute ago, Flatulent Gannet said:

Unfortunately, I doubt many schools will have the refrigeration facilities for the Pfizer vaccine.

Pretty sure it manages a good few hours out of fridge temperatures so unlikely to cause an issue delivering it from local health centres / hospitals as needed.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

When I saw the 50,000 at TRNSMT headline I assumed it was 50k per day. Just seen BBC say it's 50k over the 3 days so only 16/17k per day on a Green that used to accommodate 80k. Is that right ???

Might be wrong, but I think the intention was always a smaller late festival this year.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

When I saw the 50,000 at TRNSMT headline I assumed it was 50k per day. Just seen BBC say it's 50k over the 3 days so only 16/17k per day on a Green that used to accommodate 80k. Is that right ???

It's normally around 40-50k a day. The BBC might have got it wrong as Geoff Ellis was saying anyone who bought tickets for last year will have their tickets honoured and there'll be more on sale. If it was 50k over the 3 days I'd imagine he would be cancelling tickets rather than selling more.

Edited by Pie Of The Month