Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They’ve fucked it with that announcement today.

Remember In February when they changed their mind quite quickly on dates?

I see a similar change based on evidence in 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

They’ve fucked it with that announcement today.

Hopefully a decent sized back peddling coming shortly then, in true selfish form i'll let them off with keeping masks on public transport to save face "badum tsss" since i never use it and couldnt give a f**k

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Please, please, can we get independence ASAP so that these SNP shitebags can be judged on, and voted for purely on their record in running the country and nothing else. Thank you Lord, please arrange it.

Ironically, the only way the SNP will ever likely lose power in Scotland is after independence. 

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Has Sturgeon resigned yet?

Sadly she's lost all credibility since the election.

She should go along with Swinney and her husband - whose role long since ceased to be tenable.

Angus Robertson as FM with Kate Forbes as deputy and reset everything to zero.

Just now, MONKMAN said:

Ironically, the only way the SNP will ever likely lose power in Scotland is after independence. 

I’m for independence. I’m a yes voter. I vote for the SNP because my local MP Jamie Hepburn does a good job. None of that stops me from thinking Sturgeon and Co are beyond criticism… by Christ, they fcuking deserve some.

Next Wednesday I'll be arriving at a five day outdoor music festival in England. Pretty much the only difference in terms of normality to a usual festival will be having to show proof of either a negative LFT or double vaccination on arrival. Once you're on the site it's camping and watching bands in a non-distanced crowd just as it was when I was last there in 2019.

In six weeks time I'm getting married in Scotland and barring any unexpected updates when the full details of the changes are published, by the sounds of it everyone will have to wear a mask :lol:

Just now, pozbaird said:

I’m for independence. I’m a yes voter. I vote for the SNP because my local MP Jamie Hepburn does a good job. None of that stops me from thinking Sturgeon and Co are beyond criticism… by Christ, they fcuking deserve some.

Same boat but with drew Hendry as my MP. He was excellent when I required some help and I'll continue to vote for him but this government are really pushing my patience with this nonsense. 

Indy asap so we can be a normal country and I can vote based on other matters. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

A joint statement on this nonsense, signed by every club in the four leagues would be fitting. The time to fight back against this utter shite is now! 

Not a chance. 

Aberdeen went a long with....in fact, embraced this shite.....on Sunday. There's nothing to suggest that they won't continue to do so. 

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  283.8 to 279.5 down 1.52%, England  296.6 to 292.4 down 1.42%, Wales 152.9 to 148.8 down 2.68%, Northern Ireland  486.7 to 479.8 down 1.42%

So that's the UK down for 10 days in a row.  Scotland 28 days, Wales 12 days, England 10 days and Northern Ireland 4 days

Cases today really low at 21,691 so will be some substantial UK falls in next few days.

Appreciate that this is a discussion for another thread but I do wonder how the handling of COVID may be impacting on support for the SNP / independence. Spotted this earlier today which showed support for independence is way down.

Sturgeon not reading the room, ridiculous nanny state rubbish which should be stopped. 

I wouldn't be too sure.

The significant part of the population won't give a flying f**k either way regards today's announcements.

They don't go to night clubs. They don't go to football matches or large scale outdoor events.

The opposition aren't proposing anything different, well apart from Labour who want to be even more draconian.

The only thing that might see change due to pressure from the public is international travel - even then I'm not so sure.

There's still a significant part of the population who are either indifferent to the restrictions or don't want them lifted.

Appreciate that this is a discussion for another thread but I do wonder how the handling of COVID may be impacting on support for the SNP / independence. Spotted this earlier today which showed support for independence is way down.

It's a bit misleading - there's not been any new polls for some time so it's difficult to say either way.

From the extremely vague wording it seems like you can get a full crowd if you ask for it and have ticked enough boxes.

I’ve usually laughed at all the people moaning about announcements but this was properly middle of the road, trying to please everyone nonsense that just makes no sense.