Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I’ve no interest in stepping foot in a club again, mainly because I’m a boring fucker who would rather just sit in a bar and chill out. That being said, they should absolutely be allowed to open from the 9th. If they aren’t allowed, when will they ever be allowed? What can possibly improve the situation any more after vaccines than where we’re at now? Utter shambles if so. 

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
It's beyond parody, "loosen" one week then tighten the next. Yes you can travel but we are going to make it nigh on impossible to go to the most popular countries. Either the likes of France, Spain and Italy are safe enough or they are not, just stop fucking about with the rules. Doesn't look like the US are going to reciprocate any time soon either.

And bin the pointless tests.

Yes, this is just ridiculous, if they aren't going to bin the tests now then does this mean that we're stuck with them forever ??

Let's be honest, the likelihood is that corona and variants will be with us forever, so given that the vaccinations are working and we're in the middle of the "best" time of year, then if we don't bin these idiotic testing restrictions now then we never will.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I’ve no interest in stepping foot in a club again, mainly because I’m a boring fucker who would rather just sit in a bar and chill out. That being said, they should absolutely be allowed to open from the 9th. If they aren’t allowed, when will they ever be allowed? What can possibly improve the situation any more after vaccines than where we’re at now? Utter shambles if so. 

Yeah, I am not likely to be clubbing any more than I was pre pandemic. Probably hadnt been in a nightclub for a good few years. Im a pub guy. But we are now at the point where a generation of kids are literally having some of the best tikes of their lives taken away, and as you, me and all other mid 30s has been knows... You cant go back and do it over again. Utter shite. 

See also.... Holidays with your pals as previously stated. 

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, this is just ridiculous, if they aren't going to bin the tests now then does this mean that we're stuck with them forever ??

Let's be honest, the likelihood is that corona and variants will be with us forever, so given that the vaccinations are working and we're in the middle of the "best" time of year, then if we don't bin these idiotic testing restrictions now then we never will.

Just been discussing this with Mrs. Back.  We have a holiday planned in September but given the uncertainty of having to quarantine and potentially testing positive we’ve decided to cancel it.  If we cancel it with 28 days to go we get a refund.  If we test positive or the government change the rules on quarantine at the last minute we’re gubbed so not taking the risk.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anything with restrictions post 9th of August should be taking legal action IMO.

Bit of a PR faux pas when you start an expensive legal case and claim you don’t have money.

Hopefully everything gets the green light tomorrow and at least one side of the argument will put a sock in it for a wee while.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Does it? I really dont rate Humza and dislike him but it’d be sad if his kid has been profiled like that, hopefully there will be an investigation to clear it up. 

I agree. It just needs to be sorted out which I’m sure it will be.

The owners appear to be confident.

2 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

He sounds like a selfish dick. “If my freedom means you might catch Covid from me, so be it”. Jesus wept, what a w**k.

Not even sure he believes that, but he sure is grifting.

I mean, most people wouldn't try to pass something on to others, but we're now getting into the position where Covid is of no greater risk than other respiratory viruses, so the shrieking about the possibility of passing it on unknowingly will also be confined to the history books.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Land of fear update

What gibberish this is.

The bedwetters and virtue signallers can't stand the fact that cases continue to fall a full fortnight (JUST WAIT TWO WEEKS!!!11) after England's reopening. Hospital admissions are now dropping as well after the mewling that it was due to less testing. Just yet another in a long line of disasters for them.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Just been discussing this with Mrs. Back.  We have a holiday planned in September but given the uncertainty of having to quarantine and potentially testing positive we’ve decided to cancel it.  If we cancel it with 28 days to go we get a refund.  If we test positive or the government change the rules on quarantine at the last minute we’re gubbed so not taking the risk.

Same boat myself, it's just not worth it and beside the additional cost / risk, it's the actual hassle that's putting me off as much as anything else.

I'd honestly thought that the aviation and travel industry would be putting much more pressure on them to follow suit with the rest of the EU and allow people who are double jagged hassle free travel, however for whatever reason they seem to be giving them a pretty easy ride.

Maybe that will change once the furlough dries up and the redundancies start.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58059614

More variants shite. 

Here's an original idea: maybe stop worrying about it and take action when and if something worrying happens? 

"Give people more certainty when making financial decisions." Aye, that'll make all the difference when people are looking at holidays 9 months away like they normally do. :1eye

Edited by Michael W

First thing tomorrow morning I'm writing to Buckingham Palace to recommend you for an OBE.
Such selfless virtue cannot go unrewarded.
Such sacrifice.
One is humbled by your tales of personal magnificence.
One's awe is inspired one hundred-fold just reading the 372 similar posts you've made detailing all the other good things you do.
How can anyone else hope to compete.
Can't help but notice you didn't tag me. Coward.

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

so the shrieking about the possibility of passing it on unknowingly will also be confined to the history books.

I was about to say I'd be delighted if Oliver stopped banging on about his view on this possibility, but no doubt it will be his WW2 freedom kaleidoscope view on statues, cancel culture or Irish free trade next, so not much will change.

On the topic of bedwetting, still no clear idea why Aberdeen were the only club to ask its supporters to provide a negative LFT result before we entered the ground this weekend.  I presume the council added it?

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’ve not even seen today’s figures. What are they so I can gladly be proven wrong.

• 799 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 13,807 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results 
    • 6.5% of these were positive
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
  • 60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 407 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,012,496 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,214,801 have received their second dose

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Apparently nightclubs still very likely to re open from next week according to Colin on STV News. 

They should be open regardless. 

They should be open now. The idea that its somehow in the balance for the 9th is both staggering and sickening

Data not dates. Remember that.😒