Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

What's the issue?

I walked in today. That was it. Was 3 of us getting the vaccine and 7 people giving the vaccine. Maybe Mondays are always quiet, f**k knows. 

Was done at the start of last week, they couldn't find me initially, then they found me but spelt my name wrong, then took my DOB which she mis-heard.

Might be OK but it didn't fill me with confidence, and the first jag updated the next day.

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just checked the UK_Centrist twitter feed to see what's going on in the land of fear. 

Long Covid is the story of the day. Lewis Hamilton and Piers Moron have said they have it, so we should all lockdown hard now to prevent people catching Covid and getting Long Covid. 

giphy.gif

If long Covid is limited to attention seeking arseholes then let it rip.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

One of our media team at Saints is not 18 until mid September and had his first last Monday. He said a lot of his friends who left school last year but who were not yet 18 were being invited now.

Forgot.  if you're within 3 months of you're 18th Birthday you can get jagged.

Don't know if anyone else has had this issue but my vaccination history on the NHS site was still showing as only 1 vaccination, despite me getting the 2nd last Thursday.  I called up the helpline and got through to the call centre (India) where they had to "raise an incident" for me.

I've received no further updates as yet but would urge anyone who's had both their vaccines just to check up that their details and record has been updated correctly and if not get it flagged up ASAP.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Apparently, the nursery has Asian owners.

Strange one as the owners want a full investigation?

The nursery can have Asian owners and still be guilty of discrimination. May well be strange but the Record journalist has went and checked it out themselves with similar results.

9 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The nursery can have Asian owners and still be guilty of discrimination. May well be strange but the Record journalist has went and checked it out themselves with similar results.

Maybe they just didn't want the arsehole Health secretary peering about their business?

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know if anyone else has had this issue but my vaccination history on the NHS site was still showing as only 1 vaccination, despite me getting the 2nd last Thursday.  I called up the helpline and got through to the call centre (India) where they had to "raise an incident" for me.

I've received no further updates as yet but would urge anyone who's had both their vaccines just to check up that their details and record has been updated correctly and if not get it flagged up ASAP.

Took a while for mine to be uploaded on to the system. If you're not flying out in the next couple of weeks I wouldn't panic, applied for one for my Mother and it arrived 3 days later.

Apparently nightclubs still very likely to re open from next week according to Colin on STV News. 

They should be open regardless. 
They should be open now. The idea that its somehow in the balance for the 9th is both staggering and sickening

Maybe they just didn't want the arsehole Health secretary peering about their business?

Except that the journalist who wrote the story made three additional applications, two with Asian sounding names and one with a white sounding name, and guess which one was the only one accepted?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Apparently nightclubs still very likely to re open from next week according to Colin on STV News. 

They should be open regardless. 

They should be open now. The idea that its somehow in the balance for the 9th is both staggering and sickening

Colin said last week clubs were likely to stay shut beyond the 9th of August and said tonight it’s likely they will open.

I hope the nightclub owners take the SG to court if they have to remain closed from next week still. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

It's beyond parody, "loosen" one week then tighten the next. Yes you can travel but we are going to make it nigh on impossible to go to the most popular countries. Either the likes of France, Spain and Italy are safe enough or they are not, just stop fucking about with the rules. Doesn't look like the US are going to reciprocate any time soon either.
And bin the pointless tests.