Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Update from the Land of Lockdown

• Record numbers everyday for cases
  • Slowdown of cases in Bangkok
  • People of Bangkok who have the virus are encouraged to travel back to their own province
  • Provinces out with Bangkok now hitting high numbers (wonder why that is).
  • Full lockdown in many provinces, places of work are still open (factories everywhere are riddled)
  • We have close to FYCK ALL vaccines, hospital and health centres closed down as from Friday and cancelling all bookings
  • The registration app has gone down, with the government not knowing why and said "we don't know when it will be back to normal"
  • Rumours of Coup, however the army have denied and made a complaint to the police
  • I'm only on half day today, I'll be stocking up on beer, before they ban hits.  
  • 5.5% of the population double vaxed (aiming for 70% for the middle of Oct) - not going to happen.
  • 1.5m Pfizer vaccines have been donated by the US, it has been handed over to the Red Cross as they don't trust the Thai Govenment.  This will be given to health workers and US citizens (any other foreigner with underlying health issues)

The countries who have chased maximum suppression rather than mitigation really are in a grim position now thanks to ole Delta. Tragic to see.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

The countries who have chased maximum suppression rather than mitigation really are in a grim position now thanks to ole Delta. Tragic to see.

Hey, we'll be shooting each other within a few month......tanks on the  street, which I have sent personally before in 2011 (i think).   But you, please keep on giving post of twitter on this threat, will make me survive, 

Did anyone mention before, you're a c**t, a wee c**t, a c**t that shouts and runs away, a c**t, that looks to the world and thinks for me, I c**t that don't know the difference from suffering and me. A boy that look at his toy soldiers, and things of me. Well, little boy times are a changes, yer wee soliders are on the move, A song for for,  

Have no fear, the time has come, you're the best

I didn't expect vaccine passports to last until the end of 2022 but depressingly it looks like that's what the Qatari government are saying, not that I would be going but it's a worry to see big events make these moves.

Back at a club event for the first time in 21 months, we truly love to see it. Shouts to the one guy in a crowd of a thousand wearing a mask I hope he had a good time. I've missed getting tanked up and chatting total shite to strangers.

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

I didn't expect vaccine passports to last until the end of 2022 but depressingly it looks like that's what the Qatari government are saying, not that I would be going but it's a worry to see big events make these moves.

I mean, it is Qatar...

We'll see how things are when the WHO have announced that the pandemic is over, probably in the middle of next year.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Back at a club event for the first time in 21 months, we truly love to see it. Shouts to the one guy in a crowd of a thousand wearing a mask I hope he had a good time. I've missed getting tanked up and chatting total shite to strangers.W

Was it these guys?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Is it today or tomorrow Sturgeon tells us to what extent they're going to keep needlessly fannying about with our lives?

Tomorrow. 

Hope all restrictions are gone but Masks will still be worn for a while longer. Any more restrictions will piss off a lot of people. 

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

I suspect we are stuck with them until just about the entire world is vaccinated. 

I can see the requirements on this being fairly fluid for a few years as well - perhaps limited to or extended to certain countries experiencing severe outbreaks or where vaccine coverage is lacking. 

I can live with them for travel, but that should be the limit. The testing requirements should however be launched ASAP. 

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Broadwood at the weekend. Few cans on the train, few pints in the pub (with excellent table service), into the ground via a pay gate and sat wherever we liked. I wore a mask until I got to my seat then took it off, no complaints from anyone, good bit of a banter with the stewards and a 3-0 trouncing of Clyde into the bargain. Not once was I asked for my name, home address or phone number. Felt pretty close to a normal day at the football, hopefully a sign of things to come. 

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

So this week the COVID update should include what is going to happen after our own Freedom Day if we can move out of the levels system.

So here's wishing our restrictions are dropped.

They'll probably insist on personal protection measures like masks but the rest of it surely has to be eased.

I take it there will be no mention of vaccine passports. Looks like there's a wait and see on this what the UK Government do.

If masks are moved to optional, I'll be happy.

Breezed into Clach home game with a QR code showing my season ticket and details. Temperature taken and mask worn through gate. Queue for those paying cash due to details being written down. No masks worn inside ground apart from the odd blazer. Pie counter closed.

47 minutes ago, Snafu said:

So this week the COVID update should include what is going to happen after our own Freedom Day if we can move out of the levels system.

So here's wishing our restrictions are dropped.

They'll probably insist on personal protection measures like masks but the rest of it surely has to be eased.

I take it there will be no mention of vaccine passports. Looks like there's a wait and see on this what the UK Government do.

Well, that’s not freedom if mask wearing is required by law.

Went to the Aarau game on Saturday evening. QR code on the door and driving license to prove my ID. Everything else was absolutely normal. Good to get back to business as usual.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, that’s not freedom if mask wearing is required by law.

Walking about naked on a hot day is illegal too, but it doesn't feel like my freedom has been stolen.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You think that 2 weeks ago it was reasonable to use the word "murderous" to describe a situation where relatively few were in hospital and almost nobody was dying? :blink:

No, she got it wrong but she wasn't on her own. The international consensus was that the strategy of opening up during a surge was incredibly reckless. Context matters.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Walking about naked on a hot day is illegal too, but it doesn't feel like my freedom has been stolen.

Because clearly not wearing a mask is basically the same thing as walking about naked.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The international consensus was that the strategy of opening up during a surge was incredibly reckless.

The ‘consensus’ among independent sage types and zero covid nutters was that opening up once the vulnerable have all been double dosed months ago was reckless you mean? 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

ecause clearly not wearing a mask is basically the same thing as walking about naked.

Quite. Who really cares about wearing a face covering in shops and public transport for a while longer?

BUt ThEyVe TakEN mY FreEDom AwAy!