Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Which is a completely moronic 'point' because wrongful conviction is in fact the primary reason why you should do no such thing. 

Better luck white knighting your fellow pub bore next time. 

Did anyone suggest otherwise?  What a strange little man you are, screaming into the void.

You could just have admitted that you made a roaring c**t of it, and we would have all moved on.  But no, you doubled down and continued to make a point no-one disputes, and that had no relevance to the debate.  

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Around 4,000 (I thought there would be more) teenagers to be vaccinated before they go back to school

https://www.tes.com/news/thousands-teenagers-get-jab-school-return

Covid jags will be offered to around 4,000 young people in Scotland aged between 12 and 17 before 16 August

Given the relatively low uptake among the younger age groups we must have a healthy stash of Pfizer/Moderna kicking about.  Is it feasible to send that elsewhere?  I’d be fully on board with jagging more of our under 18’s rather than waste it.

45 minutes ago, Snafu said:

This week we find out the impact of restrictions in England being lifted on the 19th July.

Any guesses on what will happen?

If there was to be any major impact we would have seen it by now. Quite a lot of scientists didn't think 'step four' would change that much, it was simply hardly reported because of the hysterics.

Could anyone tell me what Scotland waiting three weeks has actually achieved then, considering we were ahead of England in this exit wave? Seems to me it was simply yet more pissing about with the economy and people's lives to give the impression of caring and making people feel safer.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Aberdeen city and shire and have far fewer cases than both north Lanarkshire and Edinburgh (looking at last nights game). 

Yet fans attending the game at Pittodrie had to jump through hoops like performing poodles and do everything aside from wearing hazmat suits, where as fans at Fir Park and Tynecastle last night both looked like they are/were enjoying the experience of a normal game. 

Ridiculous virtue signalling from Aberdeen city council, sadly supported by Aberdeen FC who seem determined to act like they're doing fans a favour while actually making it as uncomfortable as possible to support the team. 

Just been watching Sportscene and saw all those muzzled Aberdeen faces.

Absolutely appalling.

If they took them off would they be ejected?

Very much Big Brotherish.

Anyone know the script with hospice visits in end of life situations? My old man's got days at best and my mum, sister and me are 2 different households. Just now we have to visit separately but surely when the end comes we can all be with him? I can find anything definitive

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Pittodrie today - testing, photo IDs, no food, compulsory mask wearing, turn up 2 hours before game, social distanced seats, told when to leave seat. 

Fir Park today - no social distancing, no masks, nobody gives a f**k. 

What a fucking joke. What's the point of it all ? Either do it everywhere, or don't do it at all. 

Stewards at Fir Park didn’t give a f**k of if you were wearing a mask going into the ground and moving about. You could sit anywhere in the stand with your family or pals. 
Even the Police standing outside the away end today didn’t stop anyone asking why they weren’t wearing a face mask going into the ground. 

Felt like a proper away game today. 

I really hope the SG notice soon that hardly anyone is sticking to these mask rules and lift the law on them eventually. 

Jason Leitch and the Karen’s on facebook will be a seething mess at football fans enjoying theirselves today whether that was Motherwell or Hibs fans.  20367CAF-09DC-4871-AE8F-065809C96714.png.62eadb6f998122843e2ee2ef12abb73e.png

Edited by Lyle Lanley

19 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Anyone know the script with hospice visits in end of life situations? My old man's got days at best and my mum, sister and me are 2 different households. Just now we have to visit separately but surely when the end comes we can all be with him? I can find anything definitive

Best thing is to talk to the Hospice manager rather than flipping through the rule book imo. Understood that my 93 yo Mother would only be allowed to wave through the window to her 105 yo sister, until we made contact and sorted out something like a normal visit. Low key and understanding the pressure they're under is the best way to get past the bureaucratics.

Edited by welshbairn

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There is still a large number of the population waiting on their 2nd dose.

It’s not lack of supply stopping people getting second doses.  It’s JCVI recommendations.  We now have a surplus of vaccines.  That’s why we’ve started giving AZ away.

Yeah think that one surely down to the hospice themselves. I am sure they will see the ridiculousness of this arbitrarily changing if your dad hangs on till the 9th. Hospice folks when my mum was in were simply the finest and most compassionate professionals I have ever come across.

All the best. I was there at the very end and in a way, consider myself lucky, hard though it was to watch. Leave no questions one way or the other my man.

Best thing is to talk to the Hospice manager rather than flipping through the rule book imo. Understood that my 93 yo Mother would only be allowed to wave through the window to her 105 yo sister, until we made contact and sorted out something like a normal visit. Low key and understanding the pressure they're under is the best way to get past the bureaucratics.
Yeah think that one surely down to the hospice themselves. I am sure they will see the ridiculousness of this arbitrarily changing if your dad hangs on till the 9th. Hospice folks when my mum was in were simply the finest and most compassionate professionals I have ever come across.

All the best. I was there at the very end and in a way, consider myself lucky, hard though it was to watch. Leave no questions one way or the other my man.
Appreciated guys. Cheers

41 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

So sorry to hear this man. Agree with the others about speaking with the management. Hope your old man isnt in any pain and that your mum is ok. 

53 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Sorry to hear about that. 

Thinking of you and your family mate. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just been watching Sportscene and saw all those muzzled Aberdeen faces.

Absolutely appalling.

If they took them off would they be ejected?

Very much Big Brotherish.

Och don't be ridiculous - no one was getting thrown out.  Like all rules it relies on most people making some attempt to comply.  I wore my mask because it doesn't really bother me having to do it and I'm not a perma-seething attention-seeking arsehole.  If I was twenty years younger and wanting to chant maybe I would have binned the masks like the young team in the Merkland Stand were doing, but I go to the fitba principally to watch my team play fitba, and having a bit of cloth over my nose and mouth doesn't block me from doing that.  

Carole Cadwalladr is an absolute fucking ghoul man. warnock.png

Meanwhile, I see Lewis Hamilton is claiming to be suffering from LoNg CoViD. Such a grief chasing c**t. rofl.gif

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Carole Cadwalladr is an absolute fucking ghoul man

Tbf that was from 2 weeks ago when the numbers were going through the roof and the rest of the world including the WHO was saying the UK strategy was insane.

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Pittodrie today - testing, photo IDs, no food, compulsory mask wearing, turn up 2 hours before game, social distanced seats, told when to leave seat. 

Fir Park today - no social distancing, no masks, nobody gives a f**k. 

What a fucking joke. What's the point of it all ? Either do it everywhere, or don't do it at all. 

Getting in felt like trying to cross the Chinese border and section by section leaving at the end was just “theatre” so the jobsworths at the council could tick their boxes. It was almost verging on Dundee United levels of tragic, although the stewards weren’t quite as officious as I thought they might be (from what I saw anyway)

Always said I’d wait till it was close to the proper matchday experience till I went back, but hopefully that’s the end of that sort of shite now.

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Carole Cadwalladr is an absolute fucking ghoul man. warnock.png

Meanwhile, I see Lewis Hamilton is claiming to be suffering from LoNg CoViD. Such a grief chasing c**t. rofl.gif

C.C. Is a mad conspiracy theorist who tried unsuccessfully to claim Aaron Banks had taken Russian money for the Leave campaign.

She tends to spend a lot of time apologising.

Why the Guardian employs her beats me.