Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I did. I thought it was odd insisting you sit at a table to eat and drink, but having you queue up at the bar yourself to collect and carry your drinks over. I get being seated is the current law, but, as buying at the bar certainly isn't, it was slightly daft.

Wearing a mask for 10 seconds to go through the turnstile did make me chuckle.

Also interesting to see the difference between a racecourse and the hoops football clubs have to jump through.

You can tell the racecourse were trying their best to comply, but that the current regulations don't really work at large events. Be glad to get rid of them a week tomorrow and see the difference on the 27th.

Aye, only thing I noticed was at the beginning of the evening they were stopping folk going from the bars to the concourse with drinks and no drinks at the bookies  but it got to a point where the stewards quite rightly just gave in and stopped giving a f**k 

ETA, pretty sure I spotted you but as I'm not the kind of man who approaches folk off an Internet forum I went about my business 😅

Edited by Bert Raccoon

I did. I thought it was odd insisting you sit at a table to eat and drink, but having you queue up at the bar yourself to collect and carry your drinks over. I get being seated is the current law, but, as buying at the bar certainly isn't, it was slightly daft.
Wearing a mask for 10 seconds to go through the turnstile did make me chuckle.
Also interesting to see the difference between a racecourse and the hoops football clubs have to jump through.
You can tell the racecourse were trying their best to comply, but that the current regulations don't really work at large events. Be glad to get rid of them a week tomorrow and see the difference on the 27th.

I've done Ayr, Musselburgh and Hamilton as well as the 2 days at York. All 3 Scottish tracks slightly different with Musselburgh being fully app driven at seats but they all worked but no buzz like there was at York. Roll on the Tuesday announcement.

17 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Aye, only thing I noticed was at the beginning of the evening they were stopping folk going from the bars to the concourse with drinks and no drinks at the bookies  but it got to a point where the stewards quite rightly just gave in and stopped giving a f**k 

ETA, pretty sure I spotted you but as I'm not the kind of man who approaches folk off an Internet forum I went about my business 😅

😂😂😂

Quite. What a thick twat that Lawrence Fox really is. Strictly enforced too according to a guy on here who's over there on holiday.

Reading the comments, most of those following him are as thick as pigshit.

And if Lawrence Fox frequents Costa then I'm a fucking Dutchman.

Lawrence Fox, Gillian McKeith. Build it and they will come. Gillian McKeith should stick to sniffing jobbies.

The UK hasn't decided whether 3rd booster jags are worthwhile either, the Mexico thing is a non story.

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The UK hasn't decided whether 3rd booster jags are worthwhile either, the Mexico thing is a non story.

The Sun is saying otherwise...

Pfizer Covid booster ‘to be offered to all over 50s vaccinated with AstraZeneca jab this autumn’ to improve protection

...erm, that'd be me!

Edited by btb

Guest Bob Mahelp

Pittodrie today - testing, photo IDs, no food, compulsory mask wearing, turn up 2 hours before game, social distanced seats, told when to leave seat. 

Fir Park today - no social distancing, no masks, nobody gives a f**k. 

What a fucking joke. What's the point of it all ? Either do it everywhere, or don't do it at all. 

Daily Cases Update:  Day 26 of dropping cases and down another decent 2.36% to 152.3   Infectivity drops  again to 5.9%.  We are now down over 64% from the peak 4 weeks ago.  Dundee & Edinburgh have had falls every one of those 26 days.

1st Vaccines down again from 2,034 to a dismal 1,449   Still circa 365,000 to go.  2nd vaccines up from 17,498 to 17,739

Total Cases Scotland 7 days from 23rd July to 29th July  were 8,524 now 8,323 down 2.36%.  Positivity was 6.0%  now 5.9%.   Cases per 100k were 155.9  now 152.3

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  306.9 to 291.8 down 4.92%, England  322.5 to 305.1 down 5.40%, Wales 158.1 to 156.4 down 1.08%, Northern Ireland  498.8 to 497.7 down 0.22%

So that's the UK down for 8 days in a row.  Scotland 26 days, Wales 10 days, England 8 days and Northern Ireland 2 da

Highest in UK now Belfast at 701.5

Latest European figures today. Spain  356.2 to 312.3, France   230.0 to 226.7, Greece  180.0 to 182.7, Ireland 180.6 to 182.2, Portugal 187.0 to 1179.0 , Netherlands  168.4 to 154.7, Russia  112.2 to 111.9, Denmark 102.2 to 102.0 No other major European nation above 100. 

Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Albania, Bosnia, Ukraine, North Macedonia,  Czech Rep, Bulgaria, Germany, Latvia, Moldova, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Sweden, Austria,  are all still under 35 cases per 100K. 

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Inverclyde  223.2 to 227.1  Our new leader the Riviera still rising. 

West Dunbartonshire  217.3 to 212.8 

North Lanarkshire   209.3 to 206.1

South Lanarkshire  199.5 to 205.4  On the rise 

West Lothian 180.1 to 184.4  Also on the rise again.

Glasgow City 186.0 to 177.5 

Stirling   159.4 to 169.0  Big climb up table

North Ayrshire    175.0  to 167.6 

East Lothian  182.6 to 165.9 Near 10% fall

Clackmannanshire    181.3 to 163.8  Near 10% fall

Dundee City   163.3 to 162.6  26th day in a row of dropping. 

Western Isles     139.6 to 162.3  

Midlothian   166.4  to 158.9 

Fife  165.2 to 158.2

City Of Edinburgh  149.3 to 147.6  26th day in a row of dropping. 

Dumfries & Galloway   132.2 to 141.6

South Ayrshire    140.0 to 140.9 

Aberdeen City  144.1 to 139.7

Renfrewshire  146.1 to 137.7

Falkirk   137.0 to 133.3 

East Ayrshire  131.6 to 129.9 

East Dunbartonshire  109.4 to 123.2

Argyll & Bute   122.9 to 115.9

Scottish  Borders  126.7 to 114.4

East Renfrewshire   121.8 to 113.5 

Angus    107.1 to 111.4

Highlands   119.8 to 109.2

Perth & Kinross   109.3 to 100.7 

Moray  109.7 to 95.1

Shetland Islands     100.6 to 83.1

Aberdeenshire    86.3 to 82.1 

Orkney Islands 35.7 to 26.8

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Aberdeen seem to be the outlier in all this, the Motherwell experience is certainly more in line with everywhere else that I've heard of.

Aberdeen city and shire and have far fewer cases than both north Lanarkshire and Edinburgh (looking at last nights game). 

Yet fans attending the game at Pittodrie had to jump through hoops like performing poodles and do everything aside from wearing hazmat suits, where as fans at Fir Park and Tynecastle last night both looked like they are/were enjoying the experience of a normal game. 

Ridiculous virtue signalling from Aberdeen city council, sadly supported by Aberdeen FC who seem determined to act like they're doing fans a favour while actually making it as uncomfortable as possible to support the team. 

On 31/07/2021 at 13:05, Wee Bully said:

Spectacularly missing the point in order to get in a cheap jibe.  virginton - swing and a miss (again).

He didn’t say that was why it was abolished though, did he? He said that if you don’t believe in rehabilitation, you might as well bring it back as there is no other “cure”. 

Which is a completely moronic 'point' because wrongful conviction is in fact the primary reason why you should do no such thing. 

Better luck white knighting your fellow pub bore next time. 

41 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Pittodrie today - testing, photo IDs, no food, compulsory mask wearing, turn up 2 hours before game, social distanced seats, told when to leave seat. 

Fir Park today - no social distancing, no masks, nobody gives a f**k. 

What a fucking joke. What's the point of it all ? Either do it everywhere, or don't do it at all. 

Must be a different virus in Aberdeen or North Lanarkshire.

Cases continue to go down. It'll be two weeks (just wait) tomorrow since England binned almost all restrictions.

And the bed wetters really aren't taking it well. It's almost as if they wanted the laughable 100,000 cases per day to get one over the nasty Toriez and don't give a toss about folk getting ill or dying.

58 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

At County game yesterday, in the away end) there was no mask enforcing. No one cared where you sat or what you did. No catering. 

Same at Grant St once you were through the gates. But even Lossie were selling pies ffs, they have to sort the catering out pronto.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Aberdeen city and shire and have far fewer cases than both north Lanarkshire and Edinburgh (looking at last nights game). 

Yet fans attending the game at Pittodrie had to jump through hoops like performing poodles and do everything aside from wearing hazmat suits, where as fans at Fir Park and Tynecastle last night both looked like they are/were enjoying the experience of a normal game. 

Ridiculous virtue signalling from Aberdeen city council, sadly supported by Aberdeen FC who seem determined to act like they're doing fans a favour while actually making it as uncomfortable as possible to support the team. 

Is it anything to do with Aberdeen pushing for as high an attendance limit as possible and getting strict enforcement rules in return? Not that I have any respect for Aberdeen Council. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is it anything to do with Aberdeen pushing for as high an attendance limit as possible and getting strict enforcement rules in return? Not that I have any respect for Aberdeen Council. 

That's pretty much it. 

I would imagine other clubs would have received instructions from their local councils, but nobody seemed to give a f**k. It looks like it was only at Pittodrie where it was enforced and people went along with it. 

Giving these powers to the councils means that there's absolutely no consistency Scotland-wide, and in Aberdeen's case it doesn't bode well for games after 9th August, where it's got to be suspected that the city council will be reluctant to give up these sweeping powers. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp