Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The vast majority of poor people aren't criminals.

I obviously meant in terms of those in jail being generally vulnerable and poor. The vast majority of the prison population are made up with those who have experienced trauma etc. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

This, from that article, shows why knicker wetting about variants is an exercise in futility.

Screenshot_20210730-231829_Opera.jpg

Did you ever imagine a few years ago that this is the sort of thing you would post on a football forum?

Just curious.  😢

6 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Did you ever imagine a few years ago that this is the sort of thing you would post on a football forum?

Just curious.  😢

No, but tbh you could apply that to pretty much any post in the General Nonsense forum.

The last 19 months have been absolutely surreal. I can only hope that A - restrictions are lifted soon and never re-introduced and B - this never happens again in our lifetime.

This whole pandemic has shown scarily how many absolute dangers there are in society.
Worryingly a lot of them in influential posts or have the media's eye.  Just look at those independent sage weirdos as an example.

It wasn’t a nice change in life.
I think the novelty at the start of it wore off quite quickly. My partner was bored sitting on furlough after a month and I continued to work through it. Nothing changed for me apart from no football or pub.

Anyone who’s openly supporting another lockdown needs fired into the sun.

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It wasn’t a nice change in life.
I think the novelty at the start of it wore off quite quickly. My partner was bored sitting on furlough after a month and I continued to work through it. Nothing changed for me apart from no football or pub.

Anyone who’s openly supporting another lockdown needs fired into the sun.

I think it shows why our productivity falls behind other developed economies - we have a great many people happy to sit at home, not working and getting an income.  

Tldr; There are too many lazy b*****ds.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Committing a crime trumps being a victim.

So to answer your question, I suppose it'd say yes. It is only certain victims.

Okay, so a child who is neglected, physically and sexually abused, this causes severe trauma to their brain. Turns eighteen, hasn’t been given the correct support and commits a crime and goes to prison. 

They are now a criminal, and no longer a victim - absolute nonsense! Generally, people committing crimes have been completely failed by society. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Not usually one for the dull wee anecdotes but the Queen of the Lovejoys is on my train up to Aberdeen. Older woman accosted a young lad for not wearing a mask, said she had spares and tried to give him one of the spares, he said no thanks and she said he was a danger to every passenger on the train. She moved seat and grassed him to the conductor.

Wonder how often this is happening. 

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Okay, so a child who is neglected, physically and sexually abused, this causes severe trauma to their brain. Turns eighteen, hasn’t been given the correct support and commits a crime and goes to prison. 

They are now a criminal, and no longer a victim - absolute nonsense! Generally, people committing crimes have been completely failed by society. 

There is very little point continuing this with him - once a mind is closed, it is very difficult to open.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Both surely?