Coronavirus (COVID-19)

To be accurate, she visited on day zero as well, so 3 visits in 10 days. At a very minimum she should be allowed to leave managed isolation for good after a negative test result on day 5, the balance of harm versus risk is being ignored.
One of the major issues seems to be how civil servants are interpreting the rules for exemptions. Yet again we've had to have political intervention to sort things out.

I think the saddest thing that has come out of this more recently is the prevalence in people believing they are somehow superior than others depending on their vaccination choices. Even in that short clip I posted, the vaccinated punters in the beer garden are sort of shoo-ing away the others as if they are unworthy.

I have my second dose arranged for next week and I fully intend to get double-jabbed, but I'd never contemplate that it makes me any better or more entitled than someone that has chosen not to receive an optional vaccine.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

She could visit on day two, and then wouldn’t be allowed to visit for a further five days. 

What an absolutely horrible post. 

She could be tested every day and be allowed far more frequent visits than having to sit in a hotel room for five days waiting on her Dad dying.  That isn’t putting anyone at risk. 

If the post is horrible that's only because the situation is horrible. You might think just making up rules on the hoof because a sad story happened and it made you feel all tingly and sad in your tum-tum is a good idea, i don't.  And I question the motives of pretty much everyone jumping on this story and humping the sad tears out of it like a pubescent cocker spaniel disgracing himself with his favourite blanket. 

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If the post is horrible that's only because the situation is horrible. You might think just making up rules on the hoof because a sad story happened and it made you feel all tingly and sad in your tum-tum is a good idea, i don't.  And I question the motives of pretty much everyone jumping on this story and humping the sad tears out of it like a pubescent cocker spaniel disgracing himself with his favourite blanket. 

We should not be having managed quarantine at this stage when the vulnerable groups identified by the Scottish government have been double vaccinated. 

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We should not be having managed quarantine at this stage when the vulnerable groups identified by the Scottish government have been double vaccinated. 

That's an argument, I don't agree as double vaccination doesn't mean immunity or invulnerability and because the case rate is still enormous. But at least it is an argument.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve seen a couple on Twitter, this being one I can remember:

Please note: I don’t support these guys filming themselves challenging the pub owner and causing a scene.

I did think pubs would be a likely candidate. 

The pink flower lot can be quite unhinged at times. Not Ike/Sherimani unhinged, but mad nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

To be accurate, she visited on day zero as well, so 3 visits in 10 days. At a very minimum she should be allowed to leave managed isolation for good after a negative test result on day 5, the balance of harm versus risk is being ignored.

She was interviewed live on The Nine last night, and confirmed that she visited on day 1 and may be permitted to visit again on day 8 subject to negative test results.

So only one visit so far with a potential second visit to come.

Distressing enough that her father is near death, but the impact on her spirits of being confined alone for ten days in a hotel a few miles away without direct access to support or comfort in these circumstances does not bear thinking about.

It's plain wrong on so many levels.

Edited by Barney Rubble

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve seen a couple on Twitter, this being one I can remember:

Please note: I don’t support these guys filming themselves challenging the pub owner and causing a scene.

What a moron, being antivaxx is the same as being black.. There's another pub 20 yards away ffs.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What a moron, being antivaxx is the same as being black.. There's another pub 20 yards away ffs.

Aye, I don't support what they're doing, let it be clear. It was just an example I could remember where a venue had a policy in place that refused entry to unvaccinated people.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why lie about this?

I just bothered to read the article m7.

Ms Herriot was provided with a visit to see her father upon arrival in Scotland and we are more than willing to facilitate a visit plan to enable Ms Herriot to visit her father on subsequent occasions. We have said Ms Herriot may visit her father upon day two and eight provided she has negative test results.

9 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

She was interviewed live on the Nine last night, and confirmed that she visited on day 1 and may be permitted to visit again on day 8 subject to negative test results.

So only one visit so far with a potential second visit to come.

Distressing enough that her father is near death, but it does not bear thinking about what being confined alone in a hotel a few miles away for ten days without direct access to support or comfort must be doing to her spirits in these circumstances.

It's plain wrong on so many grounds.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I just bothered to read the article m7.

So you're saying she lied in her interview on The Nine?

Just now, Marshmallo said:

So you're saying she lied in her interview on The Nine?

I haven't seen the interview, just quoting from the article. Are you saying the Government spokesman is lying? 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I haven't seen the interview, just quoting from the article. Are you saying the Government spokesman is lying? 

The quote you posted does not say she visited twice, it says she visited once and they would be "willing to facilitate a plan" for further visits.

This will be my last post on this topic. Anyone defending the government in this situation needs to take a step back and think about what they're saying.

30 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That's an argument, I don't agree as double vaccination doesn't mean immunity or invulnerability and because the case rate is still enormous. But at least it is an argument.

You have been asked this before by another person on this forum and completely ducked the question but here goes again:

What are your personal criteria for removal of restrictions then? Given we were told that double vaccination of priority groups was the key to ending these and this has been successfully completed, what more do you need? Total immunity and invulnerability was never defined as a criteria or selling point of the vaccination programme so nothing at all has changed in that regard and in fact, the vaccine is probably better than most folk predicted as so few are now getting seriously ill and dying.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be something very vague to allow the criteria to shift again once it can be interpreted as reached.

Edited by djchapsticks

It's almost as if this is the only person to have suffered during the pandemic. I've posted before, but I couldn't get to see my sister who spent the majority of last year in the Beatson.
FucKing horrible situation, but I only mentioned it briefly on here, and would never have dreamed of going to the press.
Demand access? And other patients contract the virus - what then?
Knobs on here using misery to score likes on an Internet forum. Ffs. Could maybe use their time more profitably by holding the cűnts in power to account - you know, the ones carrying on as normal while us plebs were denied the love and support of our nearest and dearest at the most painful and emotional times in our lives. The ones who have seen this entire shitshow as an opportunity to profit. The ones using Covid as a convenient excuse to excuse their signal inability to govern. Those cűnts.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

You have been asked this before by another person on this forum and completely ducked the question but here goes again:

What are your personal criteria for removal of restrictions then? Given we were told that double vaccination of priority groups was the key to ending these and this has been successfully completed, what more do you need? Total immunity and invulnerability was never defined as a criteria or selling point of the vaccination programme so nothing at all has changed in that regard and in fact, the vaccine is probably better than most folk predicted as so few are now getting seriously ill and dying.

So what more is it that folk like you who say 'now is not the time' actually want? I have sneaking suspicion that it will be something very vague to allow the criteria to shift again once it can be interpreted as reached.

Yes I answered this before and said I would like the case rate to be much lower and I think mask wearing, ventilation and social distancing should remain.

It's easy to fall into the "if not now when" hysteria but you should know how much money has been spend on focus grouping that line to push all your little buttons into a panic.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It's almost as if this is the only person to have suffered during the pandemic. I've posted before, but I couldn't get to see my sister who spent the majority of last year in the Beatson.
FucKing horrible situation, but I only mentioned it briefly on here, and would never have dreamed of going to the press.
Demand access? And other patients contract the virus - what then?
Knobs on here using misery to score likes on an Internet forum. Ffs. Could maybe use their time more profitably by holding the cűnts in power to account - you know, the ones carrying on as normal while us plebs were denied the love and support of our nearest and dearest at the most painful and emotional times in our lives. The ones who have seen this entire shitshow as an opportunity to profit. The ones using Covid as a convenient excuse to excuse their signal inability to govern. Those cűnts.

Is that not exactly who people are complaining about with the posts on this? Certainly is for me. The government that you are speaking about are the ones making these rules.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Yes I answered this before and said I would like the case rate to be much lower and I think mask wearing, ventilation and social distancing should remain.

It's easy to fall into the "if not now when" hysteria but you should know how much money has been spend on focus grouping that line to push all your little buttons into a panic.

But you haven’t answered the question. Remain for how long? Until case rates hit a certain number? Hospitalisations/deaths hit a certain number? Forever?