Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, oaksoft said:

I'm saying that we shouldn't have had any barriers to leaving and entering the country in the first place.

Interesting that your first thought was to go straight for the moral high ground.

Radical stuff, I'm not sure I'd go that far.

27 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Worth mentioning the Independet as well as some others were saying to the contrary that in fact the amber plus status is likely to be binned altogether. 

I hope so as it defies logic.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

This is about covid.

Stop trying to create strawmen.

Covid doesn't give a toss what your refugee status is.

If you want the borders shut then you want the borders shut.

No ifs, buts, exclusions or anything else.

Otherwise you start to look like you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

What a strange stance to take.  

I take it you live in a world with no nuance, and no competing priorities.  

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Currently Italy require a 5 day quarantine on UK arrivals. This was until July 30th so waiting to hear an announcement today. The downtrend is giving me heart.

So much for that. Keeping it at 5 days quarantine for all UK arrivals for another month. Probably bin my flights now.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

"Person gets a cold" is news now, apparently

d04d34a833c6656c02dc608d1adc0d563a-iCim4eXE-400x400.rsquare.w330.jpg

Some amount of 'I had the sniffles and a sore head, it was really bad' type comments on that thread.

Which if anything, fully supports the vaccine programme as instead of a potential outcome of being papped on your stomach in hospital to prevent you literally drowning in your own fucking mucus, the vaccines have restricted the infection to most people's upper respiratory tract and kept it there, leaving you feeling a bit shite for 4-7 days.

That should be met with total rejoice rather than angst.

Edited by djchapsticks

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Haha

I doubt if many of us would come out well from what we posted on Feb 1st last year. I'd be really grateful if you'd get rid of your signature pic though, it makes everything you post seem like multicolour angry all caps. 

5bofpv.jpg&key=d1faa139b35374a34ca090758

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Aye but it is easy, you just contact @TheJTS98 who can "contact the authority you make the request to" on your behalf.  He knows how this all works.  There is even a link on the website that tells you.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I doubt if many of us would come out well from what we posted on Feb 1st last year. I'd be really grateful if you'd get rid of your signature pic though, it makes everything you post seem like multicolour angry all caps. 

5bofpv.jpg&key=d1faa139b35374a34ca090758

Thing is, most folk act like this flip flop never happened.

Also, I'm only ever on mobile these days so had no idea my old glorious Rudi Skacel sig has had its day. 😢