Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Some of the repliers really aren't getting the point..

If they do the same here I guarantee the usual boomers who are panning "ignorant youngsters" would be wailing "IT'S NO FAIR AV GOAT A WIFE AND WE DIDNY GET FUCK ALL"

Excellent UK cases update:   Even Northern Ireland may have turned corner.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  417.0 to 376.5 down 9.71%, England 447.6 to 401.4 down 10.32%, Wales 176.3 to 167.5 down 4.99%, Northern Ireland  521.8 to 515.0  down 1.30%

So that's the UK down for 4 days in a row.  Scotland 22 days, Wales 6 days, England 4 days and Northern Ireland 1 day.

The drops are almost identical for UK & England as yesterday.

All English councils now down below 1000.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Wait until these boomers find out about the under 22s free bus pass being introduced in Scotland next year.

Twitter is already awash with folk asking why young and old people get everything but everyone else gets nothing.

Need to see how this plays for Switzerland. Not in the EU obviously. What is the script with traveling from England to Scotland? As a way round it would I be able to go from Switzerland to England and England to Scotland?

I have been going home from Switzerland via Heathrow where you pass border control. Then flying on to Scotland. No problem at all. There also has been zero direct flights for months.

I’m away to find out on Friday when I drop in for the weekend if you can re use old Test package codes on your locator form. I’m not paying for 2&8 days as I am meant to, when I’m only home for

1 minute ago, Matador said:

I have been going home from Switzerland via Heathrow where you pass border control. Then flying on to Scotland. No problem at all. There also has been zero direct flights for months.

I’m away to find out on Friday when I drop in for the weekend if you can re use old Test package codes on your locator form. I’m not paying for 2&8 days as I am meant to, when I’m only home for

BA or KLM?

BA or KLM?

BA.
Going via London means there’s no questions also about the cheaper tests that the English can get. I didn’t need to show my proof of purchase either. The guy said “No I can see the code on the system so thats no problem.” Worst case scenario is I have to buy one there and then if my reused code is flagged up. Can’t see how it would be an issue though as there’s no way of them knowing if i actually used the kit.

Hoping I get contacted by T&T next week so I can tell them I am at work at not in quarantine.

If they do the same here I guarantee the usual boomers who are panning "ignorant youngsters" would be wailing "IT'S NO FAIR AV GOAT A WIFE AND WE DIDNY GET f**k ALL"

Was thinking yesterday that this would be a good idea. Then immediately thought of what you’ve pointed out.

I’m gonna say there’s no chance it happens here because our government’s mandate largely resides on spite so it’ll be stringent entry requirements to do normal activities before it’s any sort of reward.

Twitter is a deadly and dark place where no one can hear you scream and I'm fortunate not to have anything to with it bar viewing freak show tweets copied and pasted on this site.
But the wailing and foot stamping of the entitled not getting stuff for free I always find amusing.

You’re missing out. There’s a few posters who seem to live for scouring the replies of prominent tweeters and getting furious at folk who have 150 followers and a less than 1 average number of likes per tweet.

15 minutes ago, Matador said:

BA.
Going via London means there’s no questions also about the cheaper tests that the English can get. I didn’t need to show my proof of purchase either. The guy said “No I can see the code on the system so thats no problem.” Worst case scenario is I have to buy one there and then if my reused code is flagged up. Can’t see how it would be an issue though as there’s no way of them knowing if i actually used the kit.

Hoping I get contacted by T&T next week so I can tell them I am at work at not in quarantine.

I flew into Edinburgh so booked the pricey one. No contact from anyone during quarantine but the emailed results were headlined by the NHS logo, so it's possible the NHS keep a record. If it's just Randox or whoever they probably don't.

I flew into Edinburgh so booked the pricey one. No contact from anyone during quarantine but the emailed results were headlined by the NHS logo, so it's possible the NHS keep a record. If it's just Randox or whoever they probably don't.

I was Randox so we’ll see what happens.

The whole thing is a farce now for fully vaccinated people. I will not be quarantining when I am back and I will be supporting the local night time economy.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Need to see how this plays for Switzerland. Not in the EU obviously. What is the script with traveling from England to Scotland? As a way round it would I be able to go from Switzerland to England and England to Scotland?

Yeah, I've had to travel to England (Manchester and Newcastle) then onto Scotland via hire car or train as Scotland doesn't recognise seafarers returning home as an exemption, all before I've had my first vaccine. 

Not been asked any questions about further travel with my passenger locator having my home address on it.

Saying that I'm flying direct into Scotland this time, and will make do with ignoring isolation, as I've been stuck on a boat for 4 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

If they do the same here I guarantee the usual boomers who are panning "ignorant youngsters" would be wailing "IT'S NO FAIR AV GOAT A WIFE AND WE DIDNY GET f**k ALL"

Ass in spades, though 💁🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The elephant in the room here is the bizarre attitude of the Scottish Gov.

NS has once again just reiterated that "nobody should be going abroad on holiday just now", which is a ridiculous statement to make as there's no valid or acceptable reason as to "why" they shouldn't .

This "variant" stuff is just nonsense as that basically means that we'll NEVER be able to go abroad again if we can't go now after being double jagged as it's universally accepted that covid is now with us forever, so what's likely to change ???

The SG / SNP are playing a very dangerous game here as they're likely to piss off much of their core support (people like myself) with this incoherent messaging and strategy, although the opposition parties and media don't appear to be holding them to account on this, which is even more bizarre !!

The bottom line is that people are now getting really sick of being held hostage in a country which has such a poor infrastructure for "staycations" and a hospitality industry which is booting the arse right out of it with extreme profiteering, and as such I'm sure the straw that breaks the camels back won't be too far away should we keep foreign travel closed off while England remove all their remaining restrictions.

They'll do what they usually do and fanny about for a week to look more cautious and then acquiesce. I wonder how they'd be playing it if Scotland was an independent EU member state...

Also, it appears they are retaining the farcical pre-departure test and day two test, so tourists will need to fanny about getting tested after they arrive, and even though fully vaccinated will risk either testing positive with nothing wrong with them, or a false positive. So aye, I'm sure that will get them in the door when fully vaccinated people can effectively travel across the European continent with zero absurd testing requirements.

tim.png

The money that is obviously going to Tory donors for this total nonsense needs to be exposed. And Grant Shapps was clearly bullied at school.

8 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Only till Cop26 whereafter the price of flights will increase due to taxes intended to combat unsustainable levels of emissions…

Leisure travel soon may not be the ridiculously cheap city break to Barcelona / Rome etc we’ve all gotten so used to in the last 20 or so years.

I cant see any immediate increase in pricing from cop26. 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The elephant in the room here is the bizarre attitude of the Scottish Gov.

NS has once again just reiterated that "nobody should be going abroad on holiday just now", which is a ridiculous statement to make as there's no valid or acceptable reason as to "why" they shouldn't .

This "variant" stuff is just nonsense as that basically means that we'll NEVER be able to go abroad again if we can't go now after being double jagged as it's universally accepted that covid is now with us forever, so what's likely to change ???

The SG / SNP are playing a very dangerous game here as they're likely to piss off much of their core support (people like myself) with this incoherent messaging and strategy, although the opposition parties and media don't appear to be holding them to account on this, which is even more bizarre !!

The bottom line is that people are now getting really sick of being held hostage in a country which has such a poor infrastructure for "staycations" and a hospitality industry which is booting the arse right out of it with extreme profiteering, and as such I'm sure the straw that breaks the camels back won't be too far away should we keep foreign travel closed off while England remove all their remaining restrictions.

One of the receptionists in my wifes work was quoted £1100 for 4 days at Weymss Bay caravan park. Im just back from Malta, 7 nights 5 star b&b board for £1300 for the three of us. NS can genuinely go take a flying fcuk to herself if she thinks im going to ‘staycation’. Was meant to be heading to the states in September but that looks gubbed, Biden’s lost the plot, he basically cant let vaccinated travellers come to the states because ‘variants’ but the Delta variant is the dominant strain. 
Flew in via Leeds Bradford, had completed the pre departure tests (take the swab and email the company a picture of the result and your passport and then immediately get a signed doctors certificate £30 each) and because we flew into leeds was able to use an English day 2 provider. Public health Scotland emailed to remind us to use theirs, but the rules specifically say ‘arriving in England’ so in that regard they can go take a flying f**k to themselves also as our PCR tests for day two were half the price of the Scottish ones. 

Im not the biggest fan of UK Border agency etc but fair play to them, took us 2 minutes to get through immigration today, the locator form was uploaded to their system so they didnt even need to see the vaccine certificates or have us dig out emails etc, very impressed. 

As for your own question about requirements for travel, its all pretty clear on the website, if youre vaccinated then its a rapid flow 72 hours before you go home and a day 2 PCR, spain for example don’t want you to test if you’re vaccinated, same for Malta. 

Swinney et al can genuinely go get fucked, people should be allowed to travel if vaccinated, jet2 btw have an excellent insurance product that covers travel to amber countries which may other wise put your own cover as worthless (£25 for three of us). 

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I cant see any immediate increase in pricing from cop26. 

One of the receptionists in my wifes work was quoted £1100 for 4 days at Weymss Bay caravan park. Im just back from Malta, 7 nights 5 star b&b board for £1300 for the three of us. NS can genuinely go take a flying fcuk to herself if she thinks im going to ‘staycation’. Was meant to be heading to the states in September but that looks gubbed, Biden’s lost the plot, he basically cant let vaccinated travellers come to the states because ‘variants’ but the Delta variant is the dominant strain. 
Flew in via Leeds Bradford, had completed the pre departure tests (take the swab and email the company a picture of the result and your passport and then immediately get a signed doctors certificate £30 each) and because we flew into leeds was able to use an English day 2 provider. Public health Scotland emailed to remind us to use theirs, but the rules specifically say ‘arriving in England’ so in that regard they can go take a flying f**k to themselves also as our PCR tests for day two were half the price of the Scottish ones. 

Im not the biggest fan of UK Border agency etc but fair play to them, took us 2 minutes to get through immigration today, the locator form was uploaded to their system so they didnt even need to see the vaccine certificates or have us dig out emails etc, very impressed. 

As for your own question about requirements for travel, its all pretty clear on the website, if youre vaccinated then its a rapid flow 72 hours before you go home and a day 2 PCR, spain for example don’t want you to test if you’re vaccinated, same for Malta. 

Swinney et al can genuinely go get fucked, people should be allowed to travel if vaccinated, jet2 btw have an excellent insurance product that covers travel to amber countries which may other wise put your own cover as worthless (£25 for three of us). 

Excellent and informative post and I would 100% agree with your sentiments on the SG on this.

17 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This Scottish PCR tax. Ie one provider who has no competitors. How the f**k can that be acceptable?

Testing any fully vaccinated people is laughable pish, but the Scottish Government are ripping people off even more than the Conservatives down south. You literally couldn't make it up.