Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, The Moonster said:

On that link I sent you, the very first line under entry requirements says the following:

"The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a pre-travel declaration form and one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination."

It helps to read the links through before declaring yourself confused. 

Yes, i did read it, however I was also under the impression that despite being double jagged that the Scottish Gov were still requesting a PCR test to leave the country, hence the reason I was asking.

Thanks for posting the links, however there's really no need to try and score cheap points with the snide remarks.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm doubled jagged now but haven't announced it on Twitter. Am I still fully protected?

Labour would recommend a PCR test every time before leaving the house just to be safe and to protect others.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, i did read it, however I was also under the impression that despite being double jagged that the Scottish Gov were still requesting a PCR test to leave the country, hence the reason I was asking.

Thanks for posting the links, however there's really no need to try and score cheap points with the snide remarks.

Government websites are literally updated every day with the new requirements, just keep checking them. I'll leave the snide remarks out if you leave the stupid questions out.

"Independent" SAGE's entire shtick is that the actual SAGE, which advises the government, is essentially compromised by its government advisory work. In other words, they simply back up what the government tells them to. They are therefore, at least in their own heads, there to provide opposition to the government by forming some sort of shadow governance body. 
The naming was a deliberate attempt to mislead the public, and I have seen a few slippages in the media where they have inadvertently called this group "SAGE". The "Independent" label is nothing other than an insult to actual SAGE in an attempt to discredit them. It's fine that people want to have alternative opinions, but this lots are essentially a pressure group that have been afforded far too much air time. 
For an organisation that is set up to be critical towards the government and its advisory group, iSAGE, or at least some of its members (particularly Gurdasani), are also very sensitive to being criticised. If you're going to dish it out and make all sorts of accusations, you need to take the heat when it comes back at you. 
The BBC have been the worst for pandering to these clowns and their mewlings.

They should not be given the time of day by any public broadcaster.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Government websites are literally updated every day with the new requirements, just keep checking them. I'll leave the snide remarks out if you leave the stupid questions out.

Honestly.

I see James Melville is claiming he was at the anti vaxx protest on Saturday as he thought it was an anti vaccine passport protest.

He was only there to get directions on how to get away from there.

Still can't believe that James Melville is actually a real person. Thought for years that account was just some sort of #FBPE bot. 

He's landed on the wrong side of the fence from his usual crowd, so I assume he has now been cancelled. 

Regarding travel to Europe.  As I said once the Centralised EU Bloc add the United kingdom to it's list of "accepted" countries then all these "localised" rules in each country are likely to standardise. Double vaccinated will be likely admitted without any further requirements via the Passenger Locator Forms.

As the EU update is due tomorrow and the UK update due by 31st July you can safely bet your bottom dollar lots of negotiations going on in the background.

If UK does not get added to the EU's list tomorrow then fully expect the EU not to get on the The UK's list on Saturday.  When have we not been  Tit for Tat with the EU lately ?

Edited by superbigal

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The PM of the Thaitanic as come out today and said that the pandemic will have peaked within 2 to 3 or maybe 4 weeks, and we will all be back to normal.  This as we have today hit a new high of over 16,000 cases 133 dead, we have only vaxed 5.2% of the population.  He said we would not be back to normal until 70% vaxed, which would be mid October.

My back of fag packet calculation, is that it will be actually 7 YEARS before we get to 70%, as we only vaxed 13,000 folk yesterday.

I mean, the pandemic will still end in places with low vaccine uptake. It will just be a lot more painful, particularly in places with hardly any immunity from natural infection already.

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Exactly. 

The papers can f**k off with this 'UK opens to the world' pish. All we're doing is allowing foreign citizens into and out of the UK. 

The UK itself is still being treated as a pariah state and there's no sign at all that .....outside a few countries desperate for bucks....we'll be allowed to travel anywhere soon. 

So much for summer 2021 being 'back to normal'. 

The money for inbound travel is a very big deal for the UK, though, particularly from the US.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Congrats to the Labour Party for contriving to have a worse pandemic than the Government, despite not having responsibility for 100,000+ deaths. A bunch of utterly gormless knickerwetters who shriek 'reckless!!!!1111!!!!' about anything short of a blanket lockdown. 

There is absolutely no credible reason to quarantine anyone who has been fully vaccinated. It is mind-bogglingly stupid to suggest otherwise. 

Such a tragic, irrelevant party man. They'll soon flip flop their views as the country moves on without them, especially the working class voters who will want their two weeks in Benidorm, and have already started abandoning them.

26 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Regarding travel to Europe.  As I said once the Centralised EU Bloc add the United kingdom to it's list of "accepted" countries then all these "localised" rules in each country are likely to standardise. Double vaccinated will be likely admitted without any further requirements via the Passenger Locator Forms.

As the EU update is due tomorrow and the UK update due by 31st July you can safely bet your bottom dollar lots of negotiations going on in the background.

If UK does not get added to the EU's list tomorrow then fully expect the EU not to get on the The UK's list on Saturday.  When have we not been  Tit for Tat with the EU lately ?

Think European travel will get sorted soon too, probably not tomorrow though. The US is a much bigger problem, they don't even have a National proof of vaccine certificate, some States only offer a scribbled letter from a doctor and others are trying to make them illegal. Along with a total lack of reciprocity the Government would get seriously hammered for opening up to Americans anytime soon.

My 8 weeks was up yesterday, got an appointment for Saturday but planning on going to the football on Sunday so just going to a drop in centre tonight or tomorrow.

My second one is due on 15th but had to cancel since testing positive. Tried to rearrange but they had nothing for the date I needed. So, similar to you, will look to get a drop in

For people who have not been vaccinated, the five most common complaints about the Delta variant, which has become the dominant strain in many countries  are:

• headache,
  • sore throat,
  • runny nose,
  • fever,
  • a persistent cough.

For those who have received only one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, the most frequent symptoms are:

• headache,
  • runny nose,
  • sore throat,
  • sneezing,
  • a persistent cough.

Not only has the order changed, but fever (which is one of the most recognisable symptoms) is no longer in the top five, and has been replaced by sneezing.

People who have been fully vaccinated currently report as the most common complaints:

• headaches,
  • a runny nose,
  • sneezing,
  • sore throat,
  • loss of smell.

Here too, the order has changed. Additionally, not only fever, but also a persistent cough has disappeared from the list. However, loss of smell – which was also a well-known symptom of the original strain of the virus – reappeared.

The findings come from a large-scale study conducted by the King’s College London University in collaboration with health science company ZOE, based on data from more than four million people who use ZOE’s COVID Symptom Study app worldwide.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Next set of rule changes (i.e removing the need to self-isolate for double jagged people) is "nailed on" apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57998247

Nailed on with paper nails, one assumes. 

I'm sure the media personalities will try their best to have this gubbed another Johnson u-turn practicesd. 

The isolation policy is one that really ought to be ditched immediately rather than in 3 weeks' time, tbf. It has served its time. 

The elephant in the room here is the bizarre attitude of the Scottish Gov.

NS has once again just reiterated that "nobody should be going abroad on holiday just now", which is a ridiculous statement to make as there's no valid or acceptable reason as to "why" they shouldn't .

This "variant" stuff is just nonsense as that basically means that we'll NEVER be able to go abroad again if we can't go now after being double jagged as it's universally accepted that covid is now with us forever, so what's likely to change ???

The SG / SNP are playing a very dangerous game here as they're likely to piss off much of their core support (people like myself) with this incoherent messaging and strategy, although the opposition parties and media don't appear to be holding them to account on this, which is even more bizarre !!

The bottom line is that people are now getting really sick of being held hostage in a country which has such a poor infrastructure for "staycations" and a hospitality industry which is booting the arse right out of it with extreme profiteering, and as such I'm sure the straw that breaks the camels back won't be too far away should we keep foreign travel closed off while England remove all their remaining restrictions.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The elephant in the room here is the bizarre attitude of the Scottish Gov.

NS has once again just reiterated that "nobody should be going abroad on holiday just now", which is a ridiculous statement to make as there's no valid or acceptable reason as to "why" they shouldn't .

This "variant" stuff is just nonsense as that basically means that we'll NEVER be able to go abroad again if we can't go now after being double jagged as it's universally accepted that covid is now with us forever, so what's likely to change ???

The SG / SNP are playing a very dangerous game here as they're likely to piss off much of their core support (people like myself) with this incoherent messaging and strategy, although the opposition parties and media don't appear to be holding them to account on this, which is even more bizarre !!

The bottom line is that people are now getting really sick of being held hostage in a country which has such a poor infrastructure for "staycations" and a hospitality industry which is booting the arse right out of it with extreme profiteering, and as such I'm sure the straw that breaks the camels back won't be too far away should we keep foreign travel closed off while England remove all their remaining restrictions.

Yes, I take your point.

I think she likes to go with the ‘safety-first’ message and only relaxing AFTER Boris has made some changes.

It really makes a nonsense of the separate country approach. For something like this it should be on a UK basis especially as the game changing vaccines came from a UK initiative.

Anyway, we are where we are.

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

For people who have not been vaccinated, the five most common complaints about the Delta variant, which has become the dominant strain in many countries  are:

• headache,
  • sore throat,
  • runny nose,
  • fever,
  • a persistent cough.

For those who have received only one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, the most frequent symptoms are:

• headache,
  • runny nose,
  • sore throat,
  • sneezing,
  • a persistent cough.

Not only has the order changed, but fever (which is one of the most recognisable symptoms) is no longer in the top five, and has been replaced by sneezing.

People who have been fully vaccinated currently report as the most common complaints:

• headaches,
  • a runny nose,
  • sneezing,
  • sore throat,
  • loss of smell.

Here too, the order has changed. Additionally, not only fever, but also a persistent cough has disappeared from the list. However, loss of smell – which was also a well-known symptom of the original strain of the virus – reappeared.

The findings come from a large-scale study conducted by the King’s College London University in collaboration with health science company ZOE, based on data from more than four million people who use ZOE’s COVID Symptom Study app worldwide.

Could this not just mean that people with covid also have hay fever ??

Why would there be a 4th wave if most people are double dosed or have natural anti-bodies?

Thinking about it, we'll never get rid of Covid so technically there will be infinite waves surely?

1,179* new cases of COVID-19 reported  (1044 in yesterday's figures. 1686 one week ago)

28,268* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

4.8% of these were positive (5.6% in yesterday's figures. 6% one week ago)

9 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (7 yesterday, 7 one week ago)

63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (63 in yesterday's figures. 51 one week ago)

474 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (472 in yesterday's figures. 529 one week ago)

4,002,903 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,125,690 have received their second dose

* Public Health Scotland (PHS) has undertaken work to improve their COVID-19 reporting process to ensure they continue to provide the most accurate and timely information. As a result of this, today’s testing figures covering the latest 24 hours will include a small number of tests notified between 12:00am and 5:15am on 27 July that would have been reported in yesterday’s daily figures. This is due to the transition to a new reporting schedule including cases up to 12am on day of reporting; there is no double counting in the cumulative totals reported today.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer