Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

In the meantime, I see that Sridhar's beloved South Korea are going into psycho mode again:

Sydney under a stay at home order for another 4 weeks too. Distance limits imposed on travel distances for "essential shopping".

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sydney under a stay at home order for another 4 weeks too. Distance limits imposed on travel distances for "essential shopping".

Australias recent covid performance is much like that 2013 semi final second half against Hibs we've tried so hard to scrub from memories,  they have no excuse for their utterly pish poor vaccine rollout, they are one of the wealthiest countires on earth, are highly urbanised & they didn't even have to bother with the likes of social distancing or stretched medical resources to slow them down.  if anything they should have been one of the first to be fully vaccinated rather than on par with the likes of Mozambique. 

stupid c***s  

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Watched a bit of their briefing and it was like being transported back to March 2020.

15 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A ban on gatherings of more than 2 after 6pm. :lol:

It really is alarming that advanced, liberal democracies have stooped to this level and it's just accepted without pushback.

What do you expect them to do, go all January 6th on Parliament House?

14 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Watched a bit of their briefing and it was like being transported back to March 2020.

And yet there was an Australian based bloke on here a few weeks ago telling us how wonderful things were and how we were the basket case of the world.

Where is he now when we need him?

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

And yet there was an Australian based bloke on here a few weeks ago telling us how wonderful things were and how we were the basket case of the world.

Australia, probably. 

The problem Australia has is, due to their piss poor vaccination rate (13.6% fully done), they dont really have any other option  than sledgehammer measures.

Practically no natural immunity on top of that means the big bad Delta variant would hammer them if they didnt respond.  

I dont really get taking pleasure in their failure to capitalise on controlling the virus in the first half of the pandemic however.

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A peaceful protest would be sufficient, no need to take it to extremes. 

When were the new restrictions announced, and would folk have had time to organise anything substantial?

28 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Australias recent covid performance is much like that 2013 semi final second half against Hibs we've tried so hard to scrub from memories,  they have no excuse for their utterly pish poor vaccine rollout, they are one of the wealthiest countires on earth, are highly urbanised & they didn't even have to bother with the likes of social distancing or stretched medical resources to slow them down.  if anything they should have been one of the first to be fully vaccinated rather than on par with the likes of Mozambique. 

stupid c***s  

Australia had a working home grown vaccine going through final testing at the end of last year, but they found that after being jagged people were giving false positive results to HIV tests, so they scrubbed it. Could be why they were so slow in ordering other brands and why they slagged off AZ to the Aussie public.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sitting on his ass in the house

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got my letter for my second vaccine today, eight weeks to the day of my first. I don't think I've ever been in a mosque before. 

If it's for the one in Glasgow, I have disappointing news. The vaccinations are actually in the community centre next door.

Labour says ending amber list quarantine now for people vaccinated in US and EU would be 'reckless'

Labour has described the plan to let people who have been fully vaccinated in the US and EU avoid quarantine if arriving from amber list countries, which are expected to be approved by ministers today, as “reckless”. This is what Angela Rayner, the party’s deputy leader, told Sky News this morning when asked about the proposals. She said:

At the moment, everybody wants to go on holiday and get back to normal as quickly as possible, but this is reckless.

We know that the Delta variant came into this country and delayed the lifting of some of the restrictions and caused infections here. We need to make sure that we’ve got proper data-driven analysis, and that we look at an international passport for vaccines.

And we also know that people who have had the vaccine, of course, can still get the virus, so a testing regime is very important and crucial as well.

Rayner also said it was not clear how the vaccine status of people who have been vaccinated in the US would be checked. And she said travellers from abroad could be bringing new variants to the UK.

So therefore we believe that at the moment the government hasn’t done enough to safeguard our borders, and we haven’t got an internationally recognised vaccine passport, which is what the government said they were working towards. So it does feel reckless.

Congrats to the Labour Party for contriving to have a worse pandemic than the Government, despite not having responsibility for 100,000+ deaths. A bunch of utterly gormless knickerwetters who shriek 'reckless!!!!1111!!!!' about anything short of a blanket lockdown. 

There is absolutely no credible reason to quarantine anyone who has been fully vaccinated. It is mind-bogglingly stupid to suggest otherwise. 

My 2nd vaccine is on the 12th of August and will be exactly 10 weeks since my first.  Feels like a lot longer than that already.