Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You think the SG are going to give young people the choice of missing out on events or shelling out £100+ a shot for a PCR? 

Bit of an exaggeration, cheapest are now under £50 and they could always choose to get vaccinated.

23 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Proof of negative test or vaccination proof if events / venues want higher than baseline permitted numbers (capacity attendances). I can just feel it coming.

They’ll claim no business or individual are disadvantaged as businesses can choose to apply whichever numbers they wish and patrons have the choice of which way they prove their health status.

FWIW I got an email from the SRU this afternoon about the autumn Internationals (start 30 Oct) and the way I'm reading it is it will be full house at Murrayfield unless social distancing is re-introduced.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If beyond level zero doesnt mean no rules, just advice (at worst) then these c***s have absolutely lost the plot.

Think face masks will stay for a while longer but anything after that as you say will be them losing the plot. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit of an exaggeration, cheapest are now under £50 and they could always choose to get vaccinated.

Well yeah, if these passports aren’t introduced until full vaccination has been offered 

Just now, Donathan said:

Well yeah, if these passports aren’t introduced until full vaccination has been offered 

That’s a fair point.  It’s also a fair point that anyone 18 or over who has not yet had their first jab is in that situation by choice.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s a fair point.  It’s also a fair point that anyone 18 or over who has not yet had their first jab is in that situation by choice.

Not necessarily. They may have had covid in the past 28 days or be medically exempt. I don’t really buy this idea that large swathes of the 18-30 population are genuinely too busy to get the vaccine though.

IMO, if you’re going to implement vaccine passports then you need to give at least a month’s notice for people to get their first dose and a further two months after that for the second dose so they’re a non-starter until at least Halloween time, albeit that may be an ideal time to implement them going into the winter season when respiratory viruses gain the upper hand 

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Not necessarily. They may have had covid in the past 28 days or be medically exempt. I don’t really buy this idea that large swathes of the 18-30 population are genuinely too busy to get the vaccine though.

IMO, if you’re going to implement vaccine passports then you need to give at least a month’s notice for people to get their first dose and a further two months after that for the second dose so they’re a non-starter until at least Halloween time, albeit that may be an ideal time to implement them going into the winter season when respiratory viruses gain the upper hand 

I don’t buy the idea that they’re too busy.  Neither do I accept that the majority have had Covid in the last 28 days or have a genuine medical reason.

39 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, but give any council jobsworth any little bit of authority and they’ll take a mile.

Just human nature.

Alternatively some underpaid council jobsworth is having to sign off on these capacities probably thinking if there's an outbreak following the game they'll be carrying the can for it. 

I don't envy people making these calls while there are still howls of derision from certain quarters not to allow people to do anything ever again. 

Morton are doing this with staggered entry times depending on where your surname is in alphabetical order FFS! Absolute lunacy for an outdoor event at less than 20% capacity.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t buy the idea that they’re too busy.  Neither do I accept that the majority have had Covid in the last 28 days or have a genuine medical reason.

Absolutely no one said that this makes up the “majority” of the unvaccinated population. The “covid in the last 28 days” will be in the tens of thousands rather than the hundreds of thousands.

Medical contraindications to the vaccine are borderline unheard of. There are only a very small number of conditions which contraindicate these vaccines. 

If we are ranking the reasons why people over 18 have not had the vaccine, my gut feeling is that it would be along the lines of:

1. Apathy/don’t think they need it/can’t be arsed/think they’re too busy

2. Mild hesitancy over potential side effects

3. Covid in the last 28 days

4. Batshit mental anti-vaxxers

5. Medically exempt from the vaccine 

27 minutes ago, Left Back said:

FWIW I got an email from the SRU this afternoon about the autumn Internationals (start 30 Oct) and the way I'm reading it is it will be full house at Murrayfield unless social distancing is re-introduced.

Same with the SFA for the Moldova game in September. Selling tickets on Thursday on the basis of full capacity but will refund them and do a new sale if the rules don't allow it.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Quick way to winning a Darwin award as they are finding out in America.

Maybe our Jakies have a bit more class?

American jakies take their lead from their leaders. Darwin award already landed. 

Screenshot_20210727-155307_Samsung Internet.jpg

24 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Don't see why people need a month's notice for a jag that takes minutes, and it's looking like there's a consensus growing that 4 weeks is plenty between jags. 

19 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Alternatively some underpaid council jobsworth is having to sign off on these capacities probably thinking if there's an outbreak following the game they'll be carrying the can for it. 

I don't envy people making these calls while there are still howls of derision from certain quarters not to allow people to do anything ever again. 

Morton are doing this with staggered entry times depending on where your surname is in alphabetical order FFS! Absolute lunacy for an outdoor event at less than 20% capacity.

what is it about football they think is especially dangerous ? i don't get it at all. someone with covid is not going to infect another person at the opposite end of the park from them even at full capacity, it's not a game of pass the parcel

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

2019 post by the guy who runs Politics for All. 

Moar3.jpg

And another

image.png.610f5706c9b44eac3219de7a65355479.png

To be fair, I think he's right about Ruth Davidson. For whatever reason she was a leader able to get through to folk and make the Tories seem a bit less Tory-ish. 

With DRoss in charge, watch then slip silently back down the pecking order.

aZJWziWyhSMXNyq-800x450-noPad.jpg?160180

Hm0f.gif

Excellent UK cases update albeit the deaths at 131 is rather high.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  461.9 to 417.0 down 9.72%, England 499.4 to 447.6 down 10.37%, Wales  185.8 to 176.3 down 5.11%, Northern Ireland  518.6 to 521.8  up 0.62%

So that's the UK down for 3 days in a row.  Scotland 21 days, Wales 5 days, England 3 days and Northern Ireland still rising but much lower.

58 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Absolutely no one said that this makes up the “majority” of the unvaccinated population. The “covid in the last 28 days” will be in the tens of thousands rather than the hundreds of thousands.

Medical contraindications to the vaccine are borderline unheard of. There are only a very small number of conditions which contraindicate these vaccines. 

If we are ranking the reasons why people over 18 have not had the vaccine, my gut feeling is that it would be along the lines of:

1. Apathy/don’t think they need it/can’t be arsed/think they’re too busy

2. Mild hesitancy over potential side effects

3. Covid in the last 28 days

4. Batshit mental anti-vaxxers

5. Medically exempt from the vaccine 

I’d agree with that with probably the first group you mention being the largest.  

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Excellent UK cases update albeit the deaths at 131 is rather high.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  461.9 to 417.0 down 9.72%, England 499.4 to 447.6 down 10.37%, Wales  185.8 to 176.3 down 5.11%, Northern Ireland  518.6 to 521.8  up 0.62%

So that's the UK down for 3 days in a row.  Scotland 21 days, Wales 5 days, England 3 days and Northern Ireland still rising but much lower.

I’ve seen lots of folk on here arguing that deaths should be the benchmark.