Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I wouldn't be confident that it is. I think unless a deal is done between the U.K. and the EU, to recognise each other covid passports, you will need two jags. Although I guess you would just need to speak to your gp about it. 
Although tbh nobody gives a shit if you fly into the country from an amber zone.

Deal needs to be done between U.K and E.U., eh? I'm doomed then!

Also, what do you mean by the last sentence? There must be checks surely?

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Deal needs to be done between U.K and E.U., eh? I'm doomed then!

Also, what do you mean by the last sentence? There must be checks surely?

If you are unlucky you will get a phone call kindly asking you to obey rules. Also need to spend about £170 on a couple of PCR tests beyond that you will fine doing as you want.

29 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Fs football is gone if "safety improvements" are needed. Absolute basket cases making these rules. They clearly dont understand what football means to fans 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fs football is gone if "safety improvements" are needed. Absolute basket cases making these rules. They clearly dont understand what football means to fans 

Stuff like this was an inevitable consequence of councils having the power to determine COVID capacity while imposing and enforcing restrictions. 

Councils are never happier than when they're exercising some sort of power over people and businesses. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Our no restrictions, is still going to have restrictions - isn’t it. Face masks are clearly going to be a given, they surely can’t justify anything else on top of this.

Proof of negative test or vaccination proof if events / venues want higher than baseline permitted numbers (capacity attendances). I can just feel it coming.

They’ll claim no business or individual are disadvantaged as businesses can choose to apply whichever numbers they wish and patrons have the choice of which way they prove their health status.

38 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

isn't most of the report concerned about the queueing shambles and you have chosen to highlight one samll part about covid distancing not being observed in the ground to try and make the council seem like scum when it was actually Aberdeen FC that organised a shambles.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Stuff like this was an inevitable consequence of councils having the power to determine COVID capacity while imposing and enforcing restrictions. 

Councils are never happier than when they're exercising some sort of power over people and businesses. 

Councils don't set the capacity.

Clubs have to do their own safety assessments and determine how many fans are allowed in. Then they send that number to the council and they only check that the work was done by proper and qualified people and say yes or no to that work.

I could see us being subject to a COVID pass (similar to what I think has been used in Denmark) which would differ from England's in that, if you are not fully vaccinated, you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the event you are using it to attend.

Slightly different from a vaccine passport in that it at least gives people the option.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Councils don't set the capacity.

Clubs have to do their own safety assessments and determine how many fans are allowed in. Then they send that number to the council and they only check that the work was done by proper and qualified people and say yes or no to that work.

Yes, but give any council jobsworth any little bit of authority and they’ll take a mile.

Just human nature.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

isn't most of the report concerned about the queueing shambles and you have chosen to highlight one samll part about covid distancing not being observed in the ground to try and make the council seem like scum when it was actually Aberdeen FC that organised a shambles.

Well, it was the Evening Express that chose to focus on the hugging part, I have to admit that I don't work for them so don't write their articles or headlines. I was just having a wee joke about people daring to hug being "scum, subhuman scum".

4 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I could see us being subject to a COVID pass (similar to what I think has been used in Denmark) which would differ from England's in that, if you are not fully vaccinated, you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the event you are using it to attend.

Slightly different from a vaccine passport in that it at least gives people the option.

Pretty much how I think it’s gonna play out too.

4 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

You think the SG are going to give young people the choice of missing out on events or shelling out £100+ a shot for a PCR? 

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Well, it was the Evening Express that chose to focus on the hugging part, I have to admit that I don't work for them so don't write their articles or headlines. I was just having a wee joke about people daring to hug being "scum, subhuman scum".

Wee jokes aren't allowed in the Coronavirus thread. It's all full pelt rage, all the time.