Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I take it you have someone policing this via a camera pointing at the front entrance?

No, receptionist can see if people are sanitising their hands as they come into the building. Maybe she doesn't have anything better to do. 

26 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

No, receptionist can see if people are sanitising their hands as they come into the building. Maybe she doesn't have anything better to do. 

So a simple request to sanitise your hands on entrance to your building and you are outraged ?  Hope your not in the health or food industry.

Do you ignore said protocols in hospitals etc ?

Probably needs a sign in the toilet to tell you to wash your hands after a jobby.

Edited by superbigal

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So a simple request to sanitise your hands on entrance to your building and you are outraged ?  Hope your not in the health or food industry.

You will be able to tell from the “dotting” the people you would be happy shaking hands with.

Anyone who has a problem with sanitising their hands entering a building is just marking themselves out as a manky b*****d. 

Yes, clownshoes is probably right. All those people crowding onto trains and watching the games in a pub or their mate's house this weekend are definitely going to set off another spike. 

Ah wait, none of that is happening, is it? 

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Yesterday we had one of the UK's experts on virology telling us that there is a chance that schools closing for summer might be the main driver behind the rapid fall in positive cases of COVID-19 Delta and now have Jason Leitch who obviously hasn't been that well informed.

We are back to football being the main cause of the spike and because we exited early, there you go....

I take it no one ever looks at the data on ages of those who are testing positive and put 2+2 together?

Surely this data is available?

They will be looking at this sort of data, which shows that the largest spikes were in the 2 categories 15 - 19 & 20 - 24 which peaked 9 days after thousands of fans travelled down to the England game.  so yes there are putting 2 & 2 together.

image.thumb.png.9ec47e8fddffea52d171bab469395d50.png

Edited by The Stig

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Yes, clownshoes is probably right. All those people crowding onto trains and watching the games in a pub or their mate's house this weekend are definitely going to set off another spike. 

Ah wait, none of that is happening, is it? 

We're due a spike because of people not lathering themselves in hand sanitiser as they enter office buildings.

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Probably needs a sign in the toilet to tell you to wash your hands after a jobby.

A request to sanitise your hands is fine. Shaming adults because they haven't done so is a bit ridiculous. 

And that's before you even get to the impact of washing your hands on COVID, which is better than nothing but only marginally so.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We're due a spike because of people not lathering themselves in hand sanitiser as they enter office buildings.

We just need to wait for a vaccine and we don't need to bother with this shit again.

50 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You will be able to tell from the “dotting” the people you would be happy shaking hands with.

Anyone who has a problem with sanitising their hands entering a building is just marking themselves out as a manky b*****d. 

I generally dont have an issue with hand sanitiser, but that said, using it 10/12 times a day has been really bad for the skin on my hands/fingers. Ive found instead of using the sanitiser actually just nipping into the bathroom and using soap and water is better for my hands. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I generally dont have an issue with hand sanitiser, but that said, using it 10/12 times a day has been really bad for the skin on my hands/fingers. Ive found instead of using the sanitiser actually just nipping into the bathroom and using soap and water is better for my hands. 

That’s fair enough.

The most effective way of keeping Covid out the office is to ensure that people displaying symptoms of it don't come in. 

Sanitising your hands on entry is a marginal gain at best. Weird if it's being insisted upon tbh. Certainly isn't in my office but it's there at the entry points if you want it. 

I'm actually the opposite from Inanimate Carbon Rod and prefer the sanitiser to the soap and water - a lot of the soaps used in public/communal toilets dry out my skin after repeated use, whereas hand sanitiser is usually fine. 

Edited by Michael W

Either is acceptable - in fact soap and water is better.

It's sad that there are still clatty b*****ds that need reminded.

Washing your hands and personal hygiene aren't restrictions.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Either is acceptable - in fact soap and water is better.

It's sad that there are still clatty b*****ds that need reminded.

Washing your hands and personal hygiene aren't restrictions.

They seem to be treated as such by some on here.  Otherwise discussion of vaccines etc would be redundant. 

It’s sad when you get so far down the rabbit hole you think being asked to clean your hands is an invasion of your privacy.