Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Shannon said:
18 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:
vaccinations are now slow as a week in the jail.  i'm not alloud mine till next week because it hasnt yet been 8 weeks, mon tae f**k

Getting my vaccination yesterday and seen 2 people turned away from drop in centre vaccination as wasn't quite 8 weeks. Just get it done in my opinion. Those people may not bother now and 2 down. Will be happening all over.

That Times journalist has a lot to answer for. 

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

We know this, m9. Thankfully people can analyse the summarised tweets from other actual news items for themselves.

Maybe so, but why not just quote the actual source which 9/10 is the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/26/exclusive-half-covid-hospitalisations-tested-positive-admission/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I thought it was fairly obvious from the post that he was pointing out the hypocrisy of those on here who took great pleasure in having a swipe at the Tories for using “offered the vaccine” numbers earlier in the pandemic, but who clearly won’t have the same dig for the same thing now with their beloved SNP.

Nobody complained about London using the offered figure, it was just pointed out that it was inaccurate to compare it to the Scottish actually jagged figure at the time.

HTH :)

Edited by welshbairn

Do people realise the guy running the Politics For All account isn't actually writing the stories?  He's just collating them from various sources and tweeting them?

I genuinely think some posters on here think it's him writing them.  Wild.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Is it not 8 weeks or more for the full benefits of being vaccinated?

Some people can't follow simple instructions.

I don't think anyone really knows what the "best" interval is.  Manufacturers advice was 3 weeks and that's what's being followed by  much of the world.  We initially started with 3 weeks then changed to 12 weeks (which is a move that was viewed as a gamble but some studies showed it increased the antibody levels)  to get more people single jagged but then changed it to 8 in a flap over the Delta variant to try and get more people double jagged.

Seems like the changes to interval have been changed to suit the flap at the time rather than a determination of what the most effective interval is

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nobody complained about London using the offered figure, it was just pointed out that it was inaccurate to compare it to the Scottish actually jagged figure at the time.

HTH :)

Nonsense, but if you want to go down that line to protect the SNP from criticism then crack on.

If the target was all 40-49 year olds to be fully vaccinated by yesterday then it would've been impossible without ignoring the JCVI since only 83.4% had their 1st dose 8 weeks ago. 76.6% had their 2nd dose by yesterday so this scandal that Scottish Labour are going on about is about 6.8% of 40-49 year olds not having their 2nd dose bang on 8 weeks after their 1st.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nonsense, but if you want to go down that line to protect the SNP from criticism then crack on.

So what are you criticising the SNP for exactly, so I know how to protect them? Providing figures for jags offered as well as jags actually injected?

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

20 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I thought it was fairly obvious from the post that he was pointing out the hypocrisy of those on here who took great pleasure in having a swipe at the Tories for using “offered the vaccine” numbers earlier in the pandemic, but who clearly won’t have the same dig for the same thing now with their beloved SNP.

I have absolutely no issue with the SNP saying they’ve offered it to everyone so the target is met (although I do believe, like the Tories, they are partly responsible for the uptake numbers) as the only alternative is forced vaccination which gets a bit dodgy for me. However it’s definitely funny that nobody on here will mention the identical SNP and Tory stance, despite criticising the latter.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nonsense, but if you want to go down that line to protect Marshmallo from criticism then crack on.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Do people realise the guy running the Politics For All account isn't actually writing the stories?  He's just collating them from various sources and tweeting them?

I genuinely think some posters on here think it's him writing them.  Wild.

He gives wildly misleading takes on them and doesn't provide direct links to the sources. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He gives wildly misleading takes on them and doesn't provide direct links to the sources. 

He literally quotes the source in every tweet.

There is clearly an issue with first doses at the moment across the UK - the numbers are tiny. I'm sure that the recent case level will have had an impact particularly given the age groups affected, but perhaps the ceiling isn't far off. The failure to offer benefits of being vaccinated can't be helping either. 

Can you go on holiday? Yes, if the government agrees your destination is safe. You'll still be needing at least two tests, through. And at any minute, the government can screw you, even going so far as inventing new categories of restriction to hit you with. 

Been pinged? We'll you'd best be isolating then, whether you're ill or not. Unless you are a critical worker, in which case you might not have to. This is being addressed in a few weeks time, but it is an issue now. 

I can only hope that the nonsense about vaccine passports is some cynical attempt to increase uptake and nothing else. Classic punish everyone tactics, which it must be noted the Leader of the Opposition thinks isn't strict enough. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He literally quotes the source in every tweet.

He either links to an agency with thousands of stories to sift through eg. @reuters, or a news aggregator like @groundnews. When you eventually track down the source story it usually bears no relation to his wild take.