Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'Politics for all' twitter account is run by a brexit supporting (and presumably anti-lockdown) 18 year old Tory.

I did wonder, because it gets big licks on here as (apparently) a bastion of truth, while all other tweets from scientists and various 'experts' are roundly ridiculed.

It did pass through my head that maybe these tweets from the 18 year old were being posted on here merely as confirmation bias, but then I realised that this was impossible on P&B. Could never happen.

We know this, m9. Thankfully people can analyse the summarised tweets from other actual news items for themselves.

Pissed off that the Doune the rabbit hole music festival has been cancelled due to the uncertainty. Even though it was scheduled for after August 9th, the council couldn't/wouldnt Grant the licence.

Edited by Suspect Device

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Politics for all

Please, it's "politics for Ali" politicsforall hasn't tweeted since 2013.

ETA f**k knows who Ali is.

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'Politics for all' twitter account is run by a brexit supporting (and presumably anti-lockdown) 18 year old Tory.

I did wonder, because it gets big licks on here as (apparently) a bastion of truth, while all other tweets from scientists and various 'experts' are roundly ridiculed.

It did pass through my head that maybe these tweets from the 18 year old were being posted on here merely as confirmation bias, but then I realised that this was impossible on P&B. Could never happen. 

Tbf, it’s only really Elixir who posts that stuff. He’s a bit weird.  It is normally “facebook liked” by the rest of the Main Event though

That’s not surprising though as the “Main Event” are obviously all right wing incels. T-I-G is a climate change denier who told us he was voting Tory, virginton hates kids/parents/teachers  and Marshy is an off the chart space cadet. 

There was a time I thought you could discuss issues on this thread and argue sensibly with their points, but anything sensible is just ignored before the next days “outrage”.   The reality is that (like Lozza Fox, Katie Hopkins and their ilk) it is best just to point and laugh at them.  

Edited by Wee Bully

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I can’t be the only one who finds the middle-aged men on here’s apparent obsession with the sex-lives of younger posters to be slightly creepy. ‘Incel’ this and ‘virgin’ that. Disconcerting.

you try typing v-I-k-i-n-g-t-o-n  

I totally stand by the incel description though.  

Edited by Wee Bully

19 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Tbf, it’s only really Elixir who posts that stuff. He’s a bit weird.  It is normally “facebook liked” by the rest of the Main Event though

That’s not surprising though as the “Main Event” are obviously all right wing incels. T-I-G is a climate change denier who told us he was voting Tory, virginton hates kids/parents/teachers  and Marshy is an off the chart space cadet. 

There was a time I thought you could discuss issues on this thread and argue sensibly with their points, but anything sensible is just ignored before the next days “outrage”.   The reality is that (like Lozza Fox, Katie Hopkins and their ilk) it is best just to point and laugh at them.  

To paraphrase Leo Rosten on WC Fields "anyone who hates kids, parents, and teachers can't be all bad"

58 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Politics for All uses baiting headlines in their tweet, but they almost always provide a link to whatever their headline refers to (often an inews or Telegraph article) - so no biggie.

Lumpimg folk who challenge or question the government on these things in with Hopkins and Fox is incredibly and deliberately disingenuous - and it’s actually a Tory wet dream to get folk dividing and turning on each other in such a way as you seem to be doing. It’s only people’s civil liberties at stake here of course.

Everything stats wise is going in the right direction, and it’s quite something to see how annoyed people get at this because they’ve been shown to be consistently wrong during this whole carry on.

14 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Politics for All uses baiting headlines in their tweet, but they almost always provide a link to whatever their headline refers to (often an inews or Telegraph article) - so no biggie.

Lumpimg folk who challenge or question the government on these things in with Hopkins and Fox is incredibly and deliberately disingenuous - and it’s actually a Tory wet dream to get folk dividing and turning on each other in such a way as you seem to be doing. It’s only people’s civil liberties at stake here of course.

Everything stats wise is going in the right direction, and it’s quite something to see how annoyed people get at this because they’ve been shown to be consistently wrong during this whole carry on.

Nobody is annoyed at things getting better - point to a single post by anyone on here suggesting that.  

Lumping the Main players in its Lozza and Hopkins isn’t disingenuous at all (unless you haven’t read their posts). 

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Just look at this post. 😅

Amazing.

vaccinations are now slow as a week in the jail.  i'm not alloud mine till next week because it hasnt yet been 8 weeks, mon tae f**k
Getting my vaccination yesterday and seen 2 people turned away from drop in centre vaccination as wasn't quite 8 weeks. Just get it done in my opinion. Those people may not bother now and 2 down. Will be happening all over.

Getting my vaccination yesterday and seen 2 people turned away from drop in centre vaccination as wasn't quite 8 weeks. Just get it done in my opinion. Those people may not bother now and 2 down. Will be happening all over.
I went to a drop in centre Inverness 4 days short of the 8 weeks and there was absolutely no problem. Clearly the rest of the country needs to take notes from the teuchters.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get this complaint, are you advocating compulsory vaccination?

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I look forward to the response to this question.

11 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

There will be no response from the dribbling simpleton. He is incapable of the original thought required.

I thought it was fairly obvious from the post that he was pointing out the hypocrisy of those on here who took great pleasure in having a swipe at the Tories for using “offered the vaccine” numbers earlier in the pandemic, but who clearly won’t have the same dig for the same thing now with their beloved SNP.

I have absolutely no issue with the SNP saying they’ve offered it to everyone so the target is met (although I do believe, like the Tories, they are partly responsible for the uptake numbers) as the only alternative is forced vaccination which gets a bit dodgy for me. However it’s definitely funny that nobody on here will mention the identical SNP and Tory stance, despite criticising the latter.

9 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

OYF. Broken man.

5B353FBA-81E1-4688-839A-41B189C71E19.png