Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sadly not many dramas to report from today’s isolation. My wee boy still pishing in the garden and was using the grass to wipe his nose (literally bending down and running his nose up and down the grass).

Forgotten what day we are at but I do know my last day is Saturday. Mrs still negative so hoping she doesn’t show symptoms. Meant to have a 40th on Saturday. If my mrs is still not showing symptoms then may head to that even though I’m
Not meant to be out until Sunday. f**k it

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Sadly not many dramas to report from today’s isolation. My wee boy still pishing in the garden and was using the grass to wipe his nose (literally bending down and running his nose up and down the grass).

Forgotten what day we are at but I do know my last day is Saturday. Mrs still negative so hoping she doesn’t show symptoms. Meant to have a 40th on Saturday. If my mrs is still not showing symptoms then may head to that even though I’m
Not meant to be out until Sunday. f**k it

😄

Genuinely going to miss these daily updates once you’re all out of isolation! (And hopefully in good health)

Edited by 8MileBU

Who would have thought that downplaying the effectiveness of the vaccine whilst simultaneously telling people that getting it won't make a difference to what you can and can't do would have an impact on people at least risk from Covid getting vaccinated...

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
I'm old enough to remember when The Simps were killing "The Tories" on here for cooking the numbers by using the "offered" figure.

I don't get this complaint, are you advocating compulsory vaccination?

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm old enough to remember when The Simps were killing "The Tories" on here for cooking the numbers by using the "offered" figure.

I'd say there's a difference between using the "offered" figure when the hold-up in the numbers is based on supply - ie counting people who want the vaccine but can't get an appointment for another few weeks, and using it when the hold-up is based on hesitancy. The former is directly a result of slow rollout, the latter is not about supply but instead about people choosing not to get it. Obviously the government's messaging on that has been awful and does play a part.

46 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

😄

Genuinely going to miss these daily updates once you’re all out of isolation! (And hopefully in good health)

haha its actually been keeping me slightly sane. Hopefully beginning to level off. Issue is the weather is meant to turn so may not be able to be outside. However, he may start pishing in the toilet so every cloud. 

I actually feel sorry for the wee lad. We were meant to be on holiday this week and he has been looking forward to it for months. So telling him on Friday morning that he couldnt go genuinely made me like the worst parent ever

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  490.5 to 461.9 down 5.38%, England 532.1 to 499.4 down 6.15%, Wales  198.3 to 185.8 down 6.30%, Northern Ireland  499.3 to 518.6  up 3.87%

So that's the UK down for 2 days in a row.  Scotland 20 days, Wales 4 days, England 2 days and Northern Ireland still rising.

Looks like students aren't going to be allowed on University campuses in England without being double vaccinated.
Compulsory vaccine passports in Universities has the opposition calling this 'Bejing Style'.
Those that can't be vaccinated and foreign students at a disadvantage here.
Maybe the Government should start prioritising the 18-24 age group and focusing on them to get vaccinated before Boris starts shifting the blame for his failings.

I think people should currently be getting offered their first dose on or around their 18th. Wouldn’t exactly be hard to arrange now.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I take it Independent SAGE got their predictions of 100,000 cases and hospitals filled to bursting point if there was any relaxing in restrictions.

Did they have any credibility anyway?

I take it now the press will ignore their squeeling.

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Guest Bob Mahelp

'Politics for all' twitter account is run by a brexit supporting (and presumably anti-lockdown) 18 year old Tory.

I did wonder, because it gets big licks on here as (apparently) a bastion of truth, while all other tweets from scientists and various 'experts' are roundly ridiculed.

It did pass through my head that maybe these tweets from the 18 year old were being posted on here merely as confirmation bias, but then I realised that this was impossible on P&B. Could never happen. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'Politics for all' twitter account is run by a brexit supporting (and presumably anti-lockdown) 18 year old Tory.

I did wonder, because it gets big licks on here as (apparently) a bastion of truth, while all other tweets from scientists and various 'experts' are roundly ridiculed.

It did pass through my head that maybe these tweets from the 18 year old were being posted on here merely as confirmation bias, but then I realised that this was impossible on P&B. Could never happen. 

My particular favourite was when he had everyone retweeting that there was no more home testing kits left 

Oaaaffft.

To put that in context, my mates mum broke her wrist last week which after an xray found out needed an operation, before the operation she was given a covid test and told to self isolate until the results came back at which point they would do the operation
She was told at A&E that if she had required urgent surgery and did actually test positive , then she would have been kept on the covid ward for isolation purposes even if asymptotic. In a way it does all count as it’sa bed on a ward getting taken up
But still , vaccines = cigars