Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ not getting a vote for ‘poster of the year’ from this guy.  :(

I wouldn’t worry. I hardly think one vote would tip the scales for you. 

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Has there ever been confirmation that people can be reinfected after having already had covid?

An ex-pupil of mine that I'm FB Friends with has had it twice. She's in her early twenties and fit and healthy.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's a culture war on here for The Simps.

See also the disgusting comments re a woman who was struggling to see her dying father, or people wanting restrictions to continue/ramp up for "the seethe" on here.

Definitely a few who are far too invested on This Thread and could do with taking a step back.

On behalf of the Simps, it is great to see you back posting, rather than just dotting.

On the “disgusting comments” point - i know you don’t want to answer, but I’ll ask again anyway (this will be either the third or forth time you have swerved it).   If your father was critically ill, and you were overseas, would you:

A) come straight back, or

B) go to Majorca for 10 days first.

Feel free to answer this really tough question whenever works for you.

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

On behalf of the Simps, it is great to see you back posting, rather than just dotting.

On the “disgusting comments” point - i know you don’t want to answer, but I’ll ask again anyway (this will be either the third or forth time you have swerved it).   If your father was critically ill, and you were overseas, would you:

A) come straight back, or

B) go to Majorca for 10 days first.

Feel free to answer this really tough question whenever works for you.

Why are you so determined for my old man to be terminally ill? Please leave me alone.

16 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It’s actually aout half a percent that are potential re-infections.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that re-infections are happening but it’s a tiny number.

Yup, and though that percentage will probably increase over time, it's highly likely they will be exceedingly mild in nature. This is how we move from the pandemic to Covid just being another shan virus like all the others we live alongside, as it will no longer be circulating in a naive population with no immunity. Hopefully the moon howlers will be able to understand this eventually. This would also have happened even without vaccines, it just would have been a lot more painful. Thankfully we don't have to worry about that prospect any more. Of course, all this is good news for places like Europe and the US - less so for the isolationist biosecurity states in the Far East and Australasia.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

An ex-pupil of mine that I'm FB Friends with has had it twice. She's in her early twenties and fit and healthy.

Confirmed by two separate PCR tests, I assume...

40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Our Tesco is exactly the same, half of the shelves are empty and they're struggling with deliveries arriving apparently.

Like everything else though, the minute you announce "there's no need to panic buy", then there's only one thing liable to happen.

Human nature.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other day on Radio Scotland. They started a piece about potential supermarket shortages by correctly stating that the biggest lesson we learned last time was that the panic-buying wasn't necessary. They then proceeded to encourage listeners to phone in with their experience of shortages in real time, so the program was punctuated by the reading out of texts from concerned locals warning the nation that RS McColls in Tomintoul was out of bottled water etc. Ridiculous broadcasting.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Confirmed by two separate PCR tests, I assume...

She's posted the pictures of the message she's received confirming she's positive both times.

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57961870

A prime example of what Panderilla mentioned.

I'm no fan of Javid or any of his cronies but in my mind he's got absolutely nothing to apologise for. 

The country really needs to get over this idea that you have to make allowances for every nutter who wants to feel offended by something or another and just tell them to GET A GRIP rather than pandering to them, otherwise we'll have a nation of people who will never ever speak their minds or give an honest assessment of anything, for fear of being attacked by someone or another.

It really is a very dangerous road.

Javid was absolutely spot on.

Why he needs to apologise is crazy.

The word ‘cower’ is very apt for so many people just now.

What I found most disturbing on my train journeys yesterday is that it is the young who seem to be most cowed and most conformist.

In my younger days it was the youth who were the rebels.

Very worrying.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

What I found most disturbing on my train journeys yesterday is that it is the young who seem to be most cowed and most conformist.

Very worrying.

Why would they rebel against protecting an old man with unknown vax status on a train?

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You're a prime example of needing to take a step back from This Thread. 

You really are struggling here aren’t you. You couldn’t help bringing up a week old argument that you lost, and then think others need to take a step back?  

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very worrying.

100% and I've also noticed that on here.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

You really are struggling here aren’t you. You couldn’t help bringing up a week old argument that you lost, and then think others need to take a step back?  

I'll be struggling to read your BS in future because I'm going to add you to my Ignore List right now

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I'll be struggling to read your BS in future because I'm going to add you to my Ignore List right now

Oh, please do!  

Won’t stop you being a dribbling simpleton, but it will stop you seeing that others realise that.

Tatty-bye

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I haven’t read all 5,800 pages of this, but are people genuinely arguing that the majority of Scots - or even a substantial minority - are opposed to the guidelines?  Or is it just the inevitable trolling that brings the utter weirdos to the surface of P&B?  Purely anecdotally, I would say that the uptake of masks inside shops and on public transport is close to 90%.  If we were to implement the Italian model, whereby even walking down the high street is subject to a spot fine for not wearing a mask, I’d imagine compliance would be high there too.  

In short, if you don’t wear a mask on public transport, you’re just being a conspicuous dickhead. 

All of that being said, I still think I’d feel uncomfortable going to the football, where the number of non masks seemed to be significantly higher, looking at the photos from yesterday.  

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Were my club not managed by an incompetent racist, I wouldn’t be returning to the football yet as I don’t think the requirements are stringent enough.   

I've been thinking about these posts since I read them earlier

You enjoy live music a lot, certainly more than me and probably the most of anyone on here. If you think the current set-up for Scottish football grounds isn't stringent enough, will you ever go to a gig again?