Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hancock now becoming the convenient excuse/scapegoat for various other indiscretions then?

These particular indiscretions are entirely on him, tbf. 

That the Government doesn't seem interested in investigating them further is a different matter, and the "optics" of it are entirely on the Government. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

😂

Seriously tho.... Con: +3

It's the problem with not having a constitution and relying on honour and honesty when you have the bunch of the least trustworthy spineless b*****d's possible. 

Hopefully for the next GE Labour run with the idea of having a formal constitution.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Having to self isolate when you don't have Covid is possibly one of the daftest things in the history of mankind. 

It made sense in the days before the vaccine and easy rapid testing.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57930820

Beautifully tucked away in the Politics section. 

"The Sunday Times has reported that, as a result of Mr Hancock's use of his personal account, the government does not have a record of much of his decision-making during the pandemic.

This, it said, included negotiating PPE contracts, creating the test-and-trace programme and overseeing the care homes strategy."

Seriously man, what's the point. 

That should be jail time

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It made sense in the days before the vaccine and easy rapid testing.

Well yes, I'm not talking about 18 months ago here.

Just now, Snafu said:

I would have thought the common sense next move after being pinged would be to get tested.

Does this still happen or do people simply obey the command without question and don't get tested?

That's what I would do, get myself tested and if it came back negative then on I go with my day as usual.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

That's not what 'blended learning' means though, so let's remove your straw man comparison from the discussion...

There was no blanket closure in January and no laughable, back of a fag packet means of end of year assessment either - which will prove some laugh in the school system once the results come in. 

As has been pointed out to you by someone with a bit of insight, 'blended learning' is in reality a nonsense idea in a school context.  It's not really something that exists beyond its name.

This year's school results will be better than is usually the case which does indeed undermine their worth.  They have been arrived at, however, via generally more rigorous processes than were evident last year.  This renders the 'back of a fag packet' characterisation a bit silly, even if a lack of consistency across schools is likely to be an issue.

45 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's the problem with not having a constitution and relying on honour and honesty when you have the bunch of the least trustworthy spineless b*****d's possible. 

Hopefully for the next GE Labour run with the idea of having a formal constitution.

About 10% of the electorate would give even a slither of a shite about that

I was on the shielding list and was contacted via phone call by my GP to go for my 1st vaccination and was then told that day what day to go for my 2nd. 

Ive rather stupidly binned any letter I’ve received about shielding so no idea what my unique ID number is so how would I go about getting confirmation of my vaccination status? 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I was on the shielding list and was contacted via phone call by my GP to go for my 1st vaccination and was then told that day what day to go for my 2nd. 

Ive rather stupidly binned any letter I’ve received about shielding so no idea what my unique ID number is so how would I go about getting confirmation of my vaccination status? 

info@matt.hancock.chumocracy.co.uk

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Try phoning 0808 196 8565.  On that helpline, they should be able to arrange for a certificate to reach you within 14 days when you provide your name, dob and postcode.

If not, you'll need to contact your GP Practice.   It says not to on the website the phone number is on, but they should be able to help you if necessary.

1,505 new cases of COVID-19 reported (1825 yesterday, 2047 one week ago)

25,795 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.4% of these were positive (6% yesterday. 8.5% one week ago)

6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 

57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (58 previous day, 48 one week ago)

502 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (488 previous day, 532 one week ago)

3,992,327 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,044,803 have received their second dose.

The hospital numbers do seem to jump about from day to day but the trend is still downwards

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just go on the NHS Inform site and put the date in when you had your first jag.

P.S. Shortcut.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=recover_username

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

1,505 new cases of COVID-19 reported (1825 yesterday, 2047 one week ago)

25,795 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.4% of these were positive (6% yesterday. 8.5% one week ago)

6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 

57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (58 previous day, 48 one week ago)

502 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (488 previous day, 532 one week ago)

3,992,327 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,044,803 have received their second dose.

The hospital numbers do seem to jump about from day to day but the trend is still downwards

How are the vaccine numbers going? We're pretty poor on a daily basis last I'd seen.