Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Got my second appt in, exactly 8 weeks after my first, which means I wont die presumably. 

As a wee aside though, having tried to move the day it was on, there was absolutely nothing available across 3 forth valley college sites other than the day its on (a Saturday). Are they winding down the vaccination centres then?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's the Brazilian one and just a handful of cases. That twitter feed is such shite.

Maybe getting confused with the Gammon variant which is currently working its way through Whitehall, and the attendees of the Euro 2021 final. Beleived to be transmitted primarily thorugh tear ducts

So literally anyone in Scotland can travel to Carlisle and go to a packed nightclub (with zero Covid measures in place whatsoever) and go wherever they like in Scotland on return but regularly tested Galatasaray players can't fly in on a charter flight, get bussed to a hotel, play at McDairmid park, and then immediately fly back to Turkey? [emoji23] Turkey has extremely strict Covid measures in place (facemasks worn at all times outside your home, for example) - the fact that they only count symptomatic people as cases doesn't change that.
There must surely come a point where someone in the Government takes a step back and thinks "This makes no sense at all. What can we do to make it make sense?"

YoU NeVeR KnOw!!!!?!!!!

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Got my second appt in, exactly 8 weeks after my first, which means I wont die presumably. 

As a wee aside though, having tried to move the day it was on, there was absolutely nothing available across 3 forth valley college sites other than the day its on (a Saturday). Are they winding down the vaccination centres then?

Isn't there ones you can just walk into and get it done? Surely should be straight forward. Seem to be plenty places in Dundee you can do this with zero issues.

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Isn't there ones you can just walk into and get it done? Surely should be straight forward. Seem to be plenty places in Dundee you can do this with zero issues.

They seem to announce them from time to time, although I havent paid a huge deal of attention on the basis I knew they wouldnt give me one before 8 weeks had passed. Maybe they are operating more freely, just found it odd to find every singel day before and after the date I have blocked out, but several appointment times available on that day

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

They seem to announce them from time to time, although I havent paid a huge deal of attention on the basis I knew they wouldnt give me one before 8 weeks had passed. Maybe they are operating more freely, just found it odd to find every singel day before and after the date I have blocked out, but several appointment times available on that day

Can't you just phone up and ask? I did this after I tested positive to see what I need to do. ( was meant to get my second vaccine this saturday) but need to now wait another week and got an appointment they did over the phone. 

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The covid doom mongering makes its way onto the COYB falkirk FB page....do they realise what vaccines do 🤣🤣

Not even the most successful vaccine development program in human history can get Falkirk out of the seaside leagues. 

greggy.png&key=b2a9edba3e2eae5073b4e1042

IMG_1626966370.371452.jpg

The uk as a whole recorded something like 58 thousand at one day last week, absolute scenes if Englands wave has peaked already like ours did at the start of the month! Probably still to go up again now that they’re fingering each other in nightclubs again but still that would be quite a sore one for the we just don’t knows

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The uk as a whole recorded something like 58 thousand at one day last week, absolute scenes if Englands wave has peaked already like ours did at the start of the month! Probably still to go up again now that they’re fingering each other in nightclubs again but still that would be quite a sore one for the we just don’t knows

To be offset by the schools breaking up.

ETA even the 7 day average looks to have levelled off.  Probably slightly too early to break out the champagne though

image.png.68e9c47cab2e24d492ef750eeffabc13.png

Edited by Left Back

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

All the 'good sense and judgement of the British people", vaccines, phone apps and public health adverts in the world cannot overcome the mindset of a horny teenager. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Assuming that we aren't in the midst of another backlog, the last couple of days numbers for England have been pretty encouraging. Hopefully that's the level off starting to happen. 

I'm sure that every single one of the 'exponential growth!!!111!!!' nutters in independent SAGE and the media will graciously leave the public debate in the event of their latest, shrieking scaremongering being proven utterly wrong.