Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1,686 new cases of COVID-19 reported  (1604 yesterday)

31,462 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.0% of these were positive (9.2% yesterday)

7 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive  (13 yesterday)

51 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 47)

529 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)

3,987,074 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,010,505 have received their second dose

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

51 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 47)

529 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)

3,987,074 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,010,505 have received their second dose

Six percent. Cracking.

I reckon we must be getting close to seeing the hospital numbers starting on a decent downward trajectory. They fell quite quickly last time once they got going, and with case numbers dropping consistently for the past 10 days or so (at least) I'd like to think that they won't be far away. They already look to have stabilised a fair bit.

Hibs are offering a click and collect for food for our game tomorrow night.  Thought buying food at the football was banned due to the current restrictions. 

Wonder if any other clubs in Scotland have been selling food. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibs are offering a click and collect for food for our game tomorrow night.  Thought buying food at the football was banned due to the current restrictions. 

Dalbeattie Star had catering on Saturday

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Are they harming you?

it might be completely pointless, but impacts not one jot on my life.

Not directly, but these lovejoy tits are the ones who will be calling for masks to remain.

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Cigars oot. 

Can i make a suggestion? When comparing daily cases, it may be better to compare to the same day the previous week.

In this case week on week cases are down 36% from 2,636 last Wednesday, whilst yesterday was down 36.5%

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

There were food outlets at Cowdenbeath and Kinnoull

The only game iv been at this season with no food was at McDiarmid Park.

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Genrally seems the further up the pyramid you go, the less likely you are to get a pie

Theres been no food/drink at Hampden, Somerset and Rugby Park (my mate went last night). Its still available at any "junior" game I've been to recently. 

Got to laugh at the "pie stalls mean a queue!!!" argument for keeping them closed. My mate said there was a queue last night at the entry point to hand sanitise. Utter riddy rules set out for clubs, the sooner the pantomime for attending games is binned the better 

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Cigars oot. 

Can i make a suggestion? When comparing daily cases, it may be better to compare to the same day the previous week.

In this case week on week cases are down 36% from 2,636 last Wednesday, whilst yesterday was down 36.5%

Yes that's a good point. 

As you say the reductions are very pleasing.

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Cigars oot. 

Cases seem to have peaked in early July

image.png.ec9bda7896b8b6f6c25a94bdf8f6be38.png

Hospitalisations look to have plateaued around 2 weeks later.

image.png.ba03a2a6575b96b93b51e68444bea986.png

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Theres been no food/drink at Hampden, Somerset and Rugby Park (my mate went last night). Its still available at any "junior" game I've been to recently. 

Got to laugh at the "pie stalls mean a queue!!!" argument for keeping them closed. My mate said there was a queue last night at the entry point to hand sanitise. Utter riddy rules set out for clubs, the sooner the pantomime for attending games is binned the better 

Whilst I'm not sticking up for these stupid rules, because if you want to get food you should be able to, but they will justify it by saying that getting food at the football is not essential, but going for a pish and queueing to get in would be deemed as necessary.

Unilad (yes I know 🙄) saying BJ is looking to announce another lockdown in a few weeks. A - its unilad and I'd take that with a pinch of salt, and B - nobody was adhere to it apart from the lovejoys. It's over, folk realise they've done what they've been told for 16 months, they've had the vaccine, what else can they possibly do? The game is up 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seems to be a club decision if Cowdenbeath have done it. 

East End couldn't have the catering folk working at 1m distance in most of the wee shops so I assume that's probably why we can't have them open.

Just now, Rugster said:

Whilst I'm not sticking up for these stupid rules, because if you want to get food you should be able to, but they will justify it by saying that getting food at the football is not essential, but going for a pish and queueing to get in would be deemed as necessary.

Definitely food isnt essential during a 2 hr football game, but in this heat folk should be allowed to get drinks. I know places have been allowing food and drink in but for those who didnt know this it's a shitter. Somerset on Saturday and rugby park last night had no water available for folk. On days like this that's a poor show 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seems to be a club decision if Cowdenbeath have done it. 

East End couldn't have the catering folk working at 1m distance in most of the wee shops so I assume that's probably why we can't have them open.

Youd think it was a club decision, but from what I've seen of the spfl/sfa guidelines it seems to be a blanket set of rules for all clubs