Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's crazy isn't it. Visit the cinema indoors you can queue to get in, queue to get as much food as you can carry/ afford and then once you're in your seat you can take your mask off.

I swear the cinema lobby have some dirty on those in power.

I thought you had to keep your mask on during the movie? I'd be delighted if I was wrong as I'd love to go to the cinema again but the thought of sitting with a mask on for hours has put me off. 

38 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Ah the heady days of Lindleys atrocious catering at Dens 🤮

Back in the day in the late 80s if my dad was working I'd got to brockville with my pals.  If u wanted Monday off school you would buy a fawkirk pie. 

Incidentally at my humble tier 6 game last night the peh hut was open with nil issues.

Masks are required at the cinema unless you're eating or drinking, although the last time I was there compliance was at 0%. It's the only place that I hate wearing one, mostly because I'm specky.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone moaning about getting red dots, should be given a red dot. It’s a P&B unwritten rule.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive nothing personally against you and disagree with some of your posts etc. My thoughts are that for red dots its just that someone has said something I dont agree with. Dont always have time to sit and thrash out a full reply as to why its getting a red, which is essentially what its for? 
Marshy’s given me plenty over the piece and it doesnt keep me up at night? i dont really see why it bothers you? Ive given him plenty of reddies and plenty of green when he says something I agree with? Theres whole lots of differing opinions on here, why get wound up about one person who disagrees? 

Mentioning is not moaning. I have some good back and forth with many posters on here who I regularly disagree with. Occasionally, a post will merit a red dot because the content is obviously offensive, insulting or plain wrong. The vast majority of the time, I'll take the time to explain to the OP why I've done this - even when it should be obvious. 

What I do have an issue with is disrespectful wee shites without an original thought in their head who continually play the man rather the ball. I'm not moaning about Marshmallo, I just have contempt for him. Even Oaksoft has the balls to reply to posts he wants to down-vote (I think he may have done the same to up-vote, but that may have been a fever-dream).  Does it bother me? I'm not losing sleep, but I feel that the likes of Marshmallo and pedromoutinho, who I appear to have wronged in a previous life, are dragging the level of debate down by simple disrespect. On a forum with the likes ofDawson Park Boy,  bluebear and White Light (same poster?), that's quite a condemnation. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I thought you had to keep your mask on during the movie? I'd be delighted if I was wrong as I'd love to go to the cinema again but the thought of sitting with a mask on for hours has put me off. 

Just buy some popcorn and eat it very slowly.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe they have maybe they don't but what concern is it of yours?

By your own admission, you seem to spend an enormous part of your day to day life in an absolutely furious rage.

Maybe you should focus on that instead of sneering at the quality of life of others on here.

We're all going to die in a few years and our opinions will die with us.

Life is supposed to be enjoyed FFS.

So go and enjoy while you still can and leave Marshy alone.

Wahey, The wee yin's got a white knight! Pity it's Oaky..

Care to back up the statement in bold? You could do it at the same time as finding that list of left-winger you were claiming were responsible for something or other last week...

17 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was at VUE at the Omni the other night and it was a case of mask on unless you weren't eating, drinking or anything else where the mask would be obtrusive.

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I've been to 7 films in 2 chains since they reopened after the winter lockdown and not had to wear a mask.

25 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

but I feel that the likes of Marshmallo and pedromoutinho, who I appear to have wronged in a previous life, are dragging the level of debate down by simple disrespect. . 

19 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Care to back up the statement in bold?

Edited by strichener

Mentioning is not moaning. I have some good back and forth with many posters on here who I regularly disagree with. Occasionally, a post will merit a red dot because the content is obviously offensive, insulting or plain wrong. The vast majority of the time, I'll take the time to explain to the OP why I've done this - even when it should be obvious. 
What I do have an issue with is disrespectful wee shites without an original thought in their head who continually play the man rather the ball. I'm not moaning about Marshmallo, I just have contempt for him. Even Oaksoft has the balls to reply to posts he wants to down-vote (I think he may have done the same to up-vote, but that may have been a fever-dream).  Does it bother me? I'm not losing sleep, but I feel that the likes of Marshmallo and pedromoutinho, who I appear to have wronged in a previous life, are dragging the level of debate down by simple disrespect. On a forum with the likes ofDawson Park Boy,  bluebear and White Light (same poster?), that's quite a condemnation. 
I've given a grand total of 16 red dots - Marshy on the other hand has given 12,363 red dots.

Dotting furiously was an understatement.

Screenshot_20210721-122214_Chrome.thumb.jpg.be5b80e4b4392d931854fac348ee95b4.jpg

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

I was away for the weekend with some mates and one of the boys failed a lateral flow yesterday so booked a test straight away. Currently waiting for his results. Rather worrying personally as meant to be away on holiday this weekend.

He developed symptoms yesterday so according to gov.Uk, a contact is someone who has been in contact with them 2 days prior to the symptoms developing and then 10 days after. I wasn’t in close contact with him on Sunday so i am thinking I would be ok. Bit of a nightmare/minefield

They make it up as they go along

It all depends on which person contacts your friend from Test and Protect. I was with someone who go symptoms on the Thursday after the Croatia game where we were together for 12 hours yet they decided i was not a close contact and "you should go for a test to be sure" so to my surprise my isolation lasted 3 days while i first waited for my friends results and then mine

Fingers crossed you get that result if you mate tests positive.

34 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The disrespect of a red dot on P&B. Good god man!

8 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Deary me, that's a reach, even for you. 😂

Typical.  Don't hold yourself to the same standards as you demand of others.

You have spent the morning moaning about how people interact on a message board -  that takes the debate down far more than someone giving out red dots.

For someone that is near retirement with sooooo much life experience you really are a sensitive soul.

Edited by strichener

The last few pages are complete chaos. Beautiful reading it must be said. 

Now I'm up and awake properly, if anybody is getting forum fight fatigue....

200 (1).gif

Edited by SANTAN

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

That bit in blue is fair enough.

Then in the same post you say the things in red.

You want respect from those posters but you don't want to have to go to the bother of respecting  them? :blink:

If you spoke to people in the pub the way you speak to some on here I suspect you'd be making regular trips at your local hospital.

For the avoidance of all doubt, when I red dot you, it's because you are either disrespecting me or another poster or because you are just ranting about nonsense. I can't think of any other incident. I don't generally issue greenies to people who behave like bloody animals on here (and on a few occasions you've been one of them) but I might have issued one to you at some point in the past. I can't remember.

Now, any chance we could all get back to talking shite about masks and other covid related pish?

Red - Whatever gave you the impression I want respect from the likes of you and Marshmallo? 

Green - The beauty of real life is that interaction with arseholes is much easier to avoid than it is online. Surely even you realise this?

Orange - Another one for your list of errands. Just one example of my "behaving like a bloody animal" will do.

Fúck me, what a state to get yourself into. "behave like bloody animals on here", ffs. 😂