Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive nothing personally against you and disagree with some of your posts etc. My thoughts are that for red dots its just that someone has said something I dont agree with. Dont always have time to sit and thrash out a full reply as to why its getting a red, which is essentially what its for? 
Marshy’s given me plenty over the piece and it doesnt keep me up at night? i dont really see why it bothers you? Ive given him plenty of reddies and plenty of green when he says something I agree with? Theres whole lots of differing opinions on here, why get wound up about one person who disagrees? 

Anyone moaning about getting red dots, should be given a red dot. It’s a P&B unwritten rule.

In terms of time frames, close contact its 48hrs from onset of symptoms, so if they started yesterday at 5pm say, then it would be contacts after saturday 5pm. 

Surely 48 hours from 5pm on Saturday is 5pm monday? Hence why Tuesday equates to Sunday? Unless I am being thick

I was away for the weekend with some mates and one of the boys failed a lateral flow yesterday so booked a test straight away. Currently waiting for his results. Rather worrying personally as meant to be away on holiday this weekend.

He developed symptoms yesterday so according to gov.Uk, a contact is someone who has been in contact with them 2 days prior to the symptoms developing and then 10 days after. I wasn’t in close contact with him on Sunday so i am thinking I would be ok. Bit of a nightmare/minefield
If you test negative just go on your holiday.

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

People like this need psychological help.

Not that I'm in any way endorsing the sentiment of the tweet, but the Scotrail Twitter feed is full of reminders on what the rules are relating to things like mask wearing and consumption of alcohol after 9pm. The minute anyone asks them how they intend to enforce these rules, they respond with "this is nothing to do with us, you'll have to contact BTP".

As much a bunch of wet wipes as Mr Marwick.

Who was that chump the other day telling us Australia is amazing? I predicted this rather obvious chain of events months ago. Remember when Sridhar and her ilk were threatening winter lockdowns here for not having infection rates low enough? That worked out well again for one of her poster boys.

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Absolute VL behaviour being arsed about red dots emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Just this morning I've been called a "spineless coward" and "an abject loser", as well as a sarcy "what a life he/she/they must have". That's insignificant compared to a coloured circle signalling disagreement though seemingly!

Just this morning I've been called a "spineless coward" and "an abject loser", as well as a sarcy "what a life he/she/they must have". That's insignificant compared to a coloured circle signalling disagreement though seemingly!
Scintillating content there. More please [emoji23]

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

Not that I'm in any way endorsing the sentiment of the tweet, but the Scotrail Twitter feed is full of reminders on what the rules are relating to things like mask wearing and consumption of alcohol after 9pm. The minute anyone asks them how they intend to enforce these rules, they respond with "this is nothing to do with us, you'll have to contact BTP".

As much a bunch of wet wipes as Mr Marwick.

I'm not really sure what your point is? Scotrail have a moral responsibility and most likely also a legal obligation to inform people of these rules, but their staff are not the police and it is not their job to enforce it.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not really sure what your point is? Scotrail have a moral responsibility and most likely also a legal obligation to inform people of these rules, but their staff are not the police and it is not their job to enforce it.

Is simply informing people of the rules enough though (and I'm not saying it isn't).  Are there other practical and potentially reasonable measures they could take?  Even if they couldn't give a monkeys about the customers they have staff on those trains so they have to take steps to protect them as well as other employers have had to do.

Agree on enforcement.  If it's a legal thing then BTP should be enforcing it.  If people really feel so up in arms about this there are posters all over trains with the number to text BTP on instead of tweeting Scotrail.  I'd guess that would be a step too far for most who just want to join in the faux outrage on social media.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

ScotRail set their own wee tinpot rules (the alcohol ban after 9pm; now a blanket ban 'cos Covid') so if they're not interested in enforcing them then they can get them all in the bin*. The BTP do not exist to help Scotrail impose their gubbins regulations on passengers.  

*the correct solution

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Agree on enforcement.  If it's a legal thing then BTP should be enforcing it.  

No, they should be dealing with assaults or wee bampots smashing up stations rather than acting as some pathetic social distancing/mask/alcohol nannying service. 

If the rules are unenforceable then they should be thrown in the bin and the OCD weirdos left to get on with it. 

We were advised yesterday that when we we arrived at the stadium we must sit in our allocated seat and must wear a mask whilst in the stadium. Very few people followed this and not a thing was done. They can take their daft rules and fire them into the bin. Also no food kiosks open to avoid queuing, so it's fine to queue to get in and out of the ground or go for a piss but not if you want a pie 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

We were advised yesterday that when we we arrived at the stadium we must sit in our allocated seat and must wear a mask whilst in the stadium. Very few people followed this and not a thing was done. They can take their daft rules and fire them into the bin. Also no food kiosks open to avoid queuing, so it's fine to queue to get in and out of the ground or go for a piss but not if you want a pie 
Tbh the pies at some grounds are a bigger health hazard than Covid.

24 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

It's crazy isn't it. Visit the cinema indoors you can queue to get in, queue to get as much food as you can carry/ afford and then once you're in your seat you can take your mask off.

I swear the cinema lobby have some dirty on those in power.