Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

If masks are so essential, surely people wearing them should feel adequately protected by their own that people not wearing them doesn't matter?

The mantra a year ago was "my mask protects you, your mask protects me". 

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If masks are so essential, surely people wearing them should feel adequately protected by their own that people not wearing them doesn't matter?

There are people fully vaccinated who are begging everyone else to get vaccinated to protect them who also want everyone to wear a mask to protect them which begs the following questions:

If you believe the vaccine works to protect you, why are you concerned about others if you have had it?

If you don't believe it works to protect you, to the extent that you are begging people to wear ineffective masks, why are you telling others to get vaccinated?

Pretty sure Steven is the son of a former Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament. 

Moaning about masks is one thing, but short of Scotrail limiting numbers with assigned seats and advance bookings only, how does he expect social distancing on a fucking train? 

I don't for one minute believe he got off at the next stop (unless it was his stop) either. 

Pretty sure Steven is the son of a former Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament. 
Moaning about masks is one thing, but short of Scotrail limiting numbers with assigned seats and advance bookings only, how does he expect social distancing on a fucking train? 
I don't for one minute believe he got off at the next stop (unless it was his stop) either. 

I reckon he stayed on the train until it was empty due to not being able to walk past people without pishing his pants in fear.

I was away for the weekend with some mates and one of the boys failed a lateral flow yesterday so booked a test straight away. Currently waiting for his results. Rather worrying personally as meant to be away on holiday this weekend.

He developed symptoms yesterday so according to gov.Uk, a contact is someone who has been in contact with them 2 days prior to the symptoms developing and then 10 days after. I wasn’t in close contact with him on Sunday so i am thinking I would be ok. Bit of a nightmare/minefield

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

I was away for the weekend with some mates and one of the boys failed a lateral flow yesterday so booked a test straight away. Currently waiting for his results. Rather worrying personally as meant to be away on holiday this weekend.

He developed symptoms yesterday so according to gov.Uk, a contact is someone who has been in contact with them 2 days prior to the symptoms developing and then 10 days after. I wasn’t in close contact with him on Sunday so i am thinking I would be ok. Bit of a nightmare/minefield

Guidelines we're working to (from PHE) are defining close contact as <2m or <1m with mitigation (i.e. FRSM) for 15 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Guidelines we're working to (from PHE) are defining close contact as <2m or <1m with mitigation (i.e. FRSM) for 15 minutes. 

aye i would have had close contact with him indoors on Thursday and Friday. Saturday was almost all outside. Then nothing on Sunday (a couple of minutes outside). 

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I notice when the death figures are low there’s lots of comments on here, but none today when we’ve had the highest daily figure of since March.

Completely on the contrary. 

I posted a graph a few days ago and mentioned that the trend of previous waves have shown cases peaking, then a week later, hospital admissions peaking with the death peak following a week or two after that.

We're now in the wholly expected and telegraphed phase of deaths at or reaching their peak (given the other two are now falling) and if the peak number of deaths is in the teens then that's a damn sight more palatable than what we've seen previously.

33 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Ah, good morning, Marshmallo. Anything to contribute this morning, or just the red-dotting of a spineless coward without an independent thought in his or her head?

Ive nothing personally against you and disagree with some of your posts etc. My thoughts are that for red dots its just that someone has said something I dont agree with. Dont always have time to sit and thrash out a full reply as to why its getting a red, which is essentially what its for? 
Marshy’s given me plenty over the piece and it doesnt keep me up at night? i dont really see why it bothers you? Ive given him plenty of reddies and plenty of green when he says something I agree with? Theres whole lots of differing opinions on here, why get wound up about one person who disagrees? 

34 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

26 minutes ago, Aufc said:

aye i would have had close contact with him indoors on Thursday and Friday. Saturday was almost all outside. Then nothing on Sunday (a couple of minutes outside). 

In terms of time frames, close contact its 48hrs from onset of symptoms, so if they started yesterday at 5pm say, then it would be contacts after saturday 5pm.