Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

With Blair in the background. If vaccine passports were useful I doubt any body would object but the fact vaccination doesnt 100% prevent someone getting covid means it's all a bit futile 

Given how idiotic and cruel our government is they should be resisted 100% and that's before you consider how much they would cost as the Tories give their pals massive amounts of needless public dosh to produce them.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

She has some form of E-Coli according to the latest phone call and is currently on a drip to get fluids into her.

She's caught if from an animal, apparently. They live on a farm, but you can't catch it from sheep. She maybe picked it up when they visited Dublin Zoo.

My step-daughter caught that by scratching the back of her hand off a brick. 

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Given how idiotic and cruel our government is they should be resisted 100% and that's before you consider how much they would cost as the Tories give their pals massive amounts of needless public dosh to produce them.

Exactly but sadly as the last 16 months have shown there is no public resistance at all. No opposition resistance either so theyll probably get a free reign to introduce them 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
Where was this genius a few months ago?

Why did we bother putting millions into those brilliant vaccines when we could have saved ourselves the bother and just relied on common sense instead.

Tbf if we relied on common sense the death toll would be phenomenal with the amount of morons kicking about

Aye, but the average IQ would have risen substantially.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Exactly but sadly as the last 16 months have shown there is no public resistance at all. No opposition resistance either so theyll probably get a free reign to introduce them 

Yup! Just that general slide into petty and boring authoritarianism.

Ireland are only allowing vaxxed up people inside pubs, but folk without can still drink outside. Seems a bit pointless with waiters coming in and out and the clarty unvaxxed using the loos.

22 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m assuming you are referring to the SG.

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes. Just like Cuba.

Cuba is only in that situation due to the US sanctions and in fact have actually made a pretty good fist of things over the years with both hands tied firmly behind their back, their Health Service of course being lauded by many.

I notice when the death figures are low there’s lots of comments on here, but none today when we’ve had the highest daily figure of since March.

The last time we were getting 2-3k a day ( which only lasted about a week) we were getting 80+ deaths a day for a month afterwards
Today we got 13 . Sit doon ya tit

I notice when the death figures are low there’s lots of comments on here, but none today when we’ve had the highest daily figure of since March.

13 still seems pretty low to me in a country of 5.5 million. Hospital numbers down and ‘case’ numbers coming down as well.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I think WRK suffers or has suffered, with ill health so it's understandable to want them to stay in place, albeit a bit rich to imply that the poster who mentioned opening up is for the greater good, was in fact thinking of himself.

Oh, my health history's relevance to this shitshow stops with me getting jagged a month before others my age. I'm not looking to retain any restrictions for my own benefit, and being double-jagged and having had the virus, I'm less of a risk to others than most. I'm currently pissed off because Hayseed Dixie postponed their York gig (all standing, 400 capacity and no aircon) until December. I'm not thinkng that's an event many "lovejoys", "simps", or whatever the latest buzzword is would be relishing?

No - as I have pointed out previously, I may well be less of a risk than the average joe, but the supermarket worker/petrol station clerk/hospital receptionist/frontline worker of your choice doesn't know that. The anxiety levels in some of these poor fuckers must be off the scale - whether their anxiety is justified or not. I don't feel it's too much of an imposition to wear a mask for the duration of my interaction with these and others until the world feels a bit safer for them. Government on bothsides of the border could be helping with that. 

This clusterfuck, like a lot of life, is not a binary choice, and what's the problem with wanting to make others' lives a wee bit less stressful even if it poses me a minor inconvenience? I'm also continuing to wear a FRSM at work, because those in our care may well be some of the most twisted and vile creatures in the CJ system, but we're paid to care for them, and they cannot control their environment. 

Too many of the posters on here have decided their position and will endlessly re-post whatever they find online to bolster their argument - and there's plenty of hyperbolic bullshit to back up any position. I'd guess that those advocating pubs reopening asap like a drink, those who blame the "infection factories" for high numbers don't have kids, and those who advocate getting the travel industry going again prioritise holidays. My personal "must-have" is cinema/theatre and live music. None of the above are simple fixes, though. 

The only area where I think all the posters on here are in broad agreement is getting sport - especially football - back to normal. As far as I can see, there are no more real arguments for not allowing bigger crowds back*, and the inconsistency of numbers allowed at a RU match/Euro Final** and a football friendly or even cup matches at the moment is, to be honest, indefensible. 

* I know we're a bit of an anomaly, but the game against the neighbours aside, RP is plenty big enough, crowd size is small enough and access is open enough to operate as normal. 

** Can't complain with the Euros - the more that got to pay to boo another anthem then watch their team piss all over the optimism that early goal gave them the better. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, pretty much my point. We are now past the stage that restrictions are the only option for keeping people relatively safe, vaccines are working and I feel we're at a stage that people can judge their own risk with whatever they want to do. If people who may be at higher risk feel we still need restrictions then I'm intrigued to know at which point they will be happy for the rest of us to get on with it. 

A singer I enjoy posted this morning that he was going back on tour. He said the fact that so many people were flying around without distancing or masks scared him but ultimately he had to get back to what keeps him happy. He stressed to any of his fans that if they felt in danger in any way by going to one of his gigs then they should just stay home. He said they shouldn't feel like they have to attend to support him after basically a year of no income and that there will be plenty of gigs in future for them to attend when they feel safe to do so. Someone will need to explain to me why this logic can't be applied across the board now.

As in my reply to jimbaxters, a lot of reponsibility now has to devolve onto Governments and media. They simply have to reassure those who they have spent the last eighteen months terrifying into compliance. 

A consistent narrative from the MSM and Governmaent in lockstep can convince the GBP to do amazing, incredible things. Compliance through this shitshow has been such a thing. The same operation, of course, gave us an 80-majority for the Leopards eating Faces Party, and a shitty deal with the EU.

Those on here railing day in day out about a refusal of authorities to follow evidence and facts now know how LP members felt in 2017 when those in positions of influence convinced the electorate that a jam-making, gardening grandad was more of a threat to the country than the Tory Party. 

13 is a low number of deaths.

Not as low as trying to use it to point score on a football forum right enough.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd have suggested some of the regulars were having a day off, but a few are still finding time for those lovely wee red circles. which they haven't got the balls, or spine, to explain. Any bets as to how many (and who) might have a wee vent at this post?

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS is there to be no end to this incessant virtue signalling from you? :lol:

Last week you were telling us all how much money and food you'd give a homeless person and their dog......with absolutely nobody prompting you or even raising the scenario. :lol:

Have you ever done a good deed without feeling the need to publicise the arse off it?

Aye, a tin of dog food from B&M - I'm like a one-man Oxfam, me. Can't recall mentioning money - your we imagination getting the better of you?

Some people working in frontline, public-facing jobs are really worried and scared - especially those who may be faced with a choice of isolating or continuing to work so they can afford to live. Is chucking a mask on for five minutes really too much of an imposition? Is it "virtue signalling" or just not being a selfish, opinionated cúnt?

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There you go. Asketh and thou shalt receiveth.

Two red dots from me and a pretty good explanation of why.

Please post more stuff about how much more virtuous you are than the rest of us.

It's been nearly 15 minutes and I need a fix. :lol:

You can't really speak for the subset P&B-WRK, but I can confidently state that I am a more decent and empathic person than you. A pretty low bar, in all fairness.