Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The vast majority of these rules were ignored at our game on Tuesday night. 

It’ll happen at the football soon enough and they will be told rightly to f**k off and mind their own business. 

Yip same. I hardly saw a mask or social distancing at Somerset when the game started. Having been at the euros and lions games, "junior" matches and now Somerset, it's clear nobody at sports really gives a fck now.

Edited by Thereisalight..

Covid in Scotland: Family's plea to allow dying father to see expat daughter https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57866679

Makes me angry that our ‘rules’ have come to this.
Surely the fact that the lassie can't see her dying dad makes you feel much safer? That's the whole point after all.

27 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

Covid in Scotland: Family's plea to allow dying father to see expat daughter https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57866679

This is absolutely vile. Jason Leitch absolutely outdoing himself in the arsehole stakes there. Why, why in these compassionate cases can they not allow the person incoming to take a pcr test say 3 days prior to travel and a confirmatory test on the day of arrival, say an airport test, allow them to only remain in the home or a visit to the home of a dying relative until the result comes back. All this to appease the hand wringers. This wee lassie could be safely allowed to travel.

30 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

What exceptional circumstance would it take for this to be granted exactly... horrifying. 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This is absolutely vile. Jason Leitch absolutely outdoing himself in the arsehole stakes there. Why, why in these compassionate cases can they not allow the person incoming to take a pcr test say 3 days prior to travel and a confirmatory test on the day of arrival, say an airport test, allow them to only remain in the home or a visit to the home of a dying relative until the result comes back. All this to appease the hand wringers. This wee lassie could be safely allowed to travel.

After one exemption is granted everyone becomes a special case and wants an exemption for “reasons”.

They’ve painted themselves into a corner over restrictions.  They can’t back down now.

Just now, Left Back said:

After one exemption is granted everyone becomes a special case and wants an exemption for “reasons”.

They’ve painted themselves into a corner over restrictions.  They can’t back down now.

No, im sorry, but the expected imminent death of a parent, partner or immediate family member is an entirely legitimate compassionate reason for allowing travel. For a government that tries to paint itself as ever caring etc its just cold and callous. Again, a pcr test prior to travel and return test prior to be allowed to go out and about in these very small numbers of cases poses no major danger to a mostly vaccinated population. 

48 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

Monstrous response from Leitch. Utterly sickening.

He's only an advisor, FFS. It's time for the adult conversation we were promised, the topic of which should be: How did we reach this point where we're being bullied by such an obvious sociopath?

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No, im sorry, but the expected imminent death of a parent, partner or immediate family member is an entirely legitimate compassionate reason for allowing travel. For a government that tries to paint itself as ever caring etc its just cold and callous. Again, a pcr test prior to travel and return test prior to be allowed to go out and about in these very small numbers of cases poses no major danger to a mostly vaccinated population. 

It wasn’t my opinion.  I’d allow them home.  It’s the state the government have got themselves into I was commenting on.

Disappointing to hear the Health Sec say that easing restrictions would allow the NHS to speed up the backlog when in fact it appears to of had the opposite effect. 

In normal times that would be a resigning issue but for this bullet proof Tory era I worry he will survive it.

1 hour ago, stuart87 said:

That's fucking ridiculous.  The government have exemptions in place already for people just based on their job and I don't see Leitch jumping up onto his high horse about them.  No surprise to see that government officials are exempt.  

These people need to take a long hard look at themselves.  

Maybe someone could employ the quine as a seafarer (another exempt occupation) or just ignore the rules and see if the government would have the brass neck to prosecute her.

Hopefully she can get back home in time but that she is having to worry about getting here is to our government eternal shame.

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, stuart87 said:

I had to turn the tv over during this story as it made my blood boil, particularly that patronising dick Leitch, who is so far up the Scottish Government’s hole, he acts like he is the voice of the establishment. Surely to goodness the family can get some peace and compassion without this “COVID circus” permeating into the last days of the dad’s life and the family time together?

I get wound up over bonkers rules about attending football and getting a bar lunch etc, but this case is simply a step too far and needs sorted no later than first thing in the morning for the family’s sake.  

"I'm afraid the fundamental restrictions still apply though. An individual coming from an amber or a red country is a higher risk of virus, That, I'm afraid, is a fact."

What a horrible fucking c**t JL is. 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

"I'm afraid the fundamental restrictions still apply though. An individual coming from an amber or a red country is a higher risk of virus, That, I'm afraid, is a fact."

What a horrible fucking c**t JL is. 

He is a c**t but the government can tell him to pipe the f**k down if they want.  They decide at the end of the day.  They continue to allow him to spout his nonsense and that’s shameful.