Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Here's a thought which has been occupying my mind for a hour or so.

On the sister site Black and White Army, someone is boasting about taking someone in their 20s to task on a train for not wearing a mask. That seems an awfully stupid thing to do.

I wonder how many "have a go heroes" are going to try their arm at pressuring people to mask up as things progress through the summer. Especially in London on the Tube or in Manchester where puppet mayors have decided to play God but let others worry about enforcement.

Surely it's only a matter of time before someone gets a smack in the face or a kick up their arse for trying to police others? Are we going to see people attacked with weapons? Knife crime is pretty common in these places.

There isn't a chance I'd ever try to "sort out" someone I didn't know in public unless they were causing a real danger to others.

Any P&B-ers out there planning on allowing their egos to get the better of them and start demanding that strangers mask up on the trains? Has anyone tried it?

This is going to happen in a pub before long. As soon as distancing is binned, someone is going to get on their high horse and moan at someone for being too close to them at the bar etc and get lamped.

I saw the video rangers have put on about fans returning to Ibrox. I thought the one someone posted on here from Falkirk was bad but jeez this is another level. "Turn your head away from someone if they're passing you on the way out of the row". Both people were wearing a mask 🤣Fcking madness people still think someone passing them for a second will kill them

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This is going to happen in a pub before long. As soon as distancing is binned, someone is going to get on their high horse and moan at someone for being too close to them at the bar etc and get lamped.

Surely someone that worried about people being close to them won’t be going to a boozer after distancing is binned.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Surely someone that worried about people being close to them won’t be going to a boozer after distancing is binned.

I think you’d be surprised how many people think they should be able to do exactly as they want, but that everyone else should act in a way they decide is correct or ‘safe’.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You would think so, but the reality is some will go and expect everyone else to play by their rules.

Most people would be like "aye ok mate, jog on" but eventually they will pick the wrong person and get the reaction they want / don't really want.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You would think so, but the reality is some will go and expect everyone else to play by their rules.

Most people would be like "aye ok mate, jog on" but eventually they will pick the wrong person and get the reaction they want / don't really want.

Who knows, it might even be an actor.

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I had Norovirus late 2019.  Always wondered till then why they called it projectile vomiting .  I could have hit a boeing 747.

I had gastroenteritis at new year once. Its quite an experience sitting sideways on the toilet projectile vomiting into the sink whilst simultaneously having the world fall out of your arse.

14 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I had Norovirus late 2019.  Always wondered till then why they called it projectile vomiting .  I could have hit a boeing 747.

So did I, it was fucking rotten, ruined my Christmas, a lot worse than my covid-19 experience, it was like I had eaten 5000 curry’s and drank 5 bottles of glens in one night over the course of 7 days or so.

People coming from France from Monday must continue to quarantine regardless of age or vax status due to the presence of the Beta variant.

They’ve not put it on the red list of course so now we seem to have some sort of Amber+ category.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw the video rangers have put on about fans returning to Ibrox. I thought the one someone posted on here from Falkirk was bad but jeez this is another level. "Turn your head away from someone if they're passing you on the way out of the row". Both people were wearing a mask 🤣Fcking madness people still think someone passing them for a second will kill them

The vast majority of these rules were ignored at our game on Tuesday night. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It’ll happen at the football soon enough and they will be told rightly to f**k off and mind their own business. 

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

People coming from France from Monday must continue to quarantine regardless of age or vax status due to the presence of the Beta variant.

They’ve not put it on the red list of course so now we seem to have some sort of Amber+ category.

Beta variant? Is that the SA Variant that has already fizzled out here and that the vaccines Cohiba in their sleep?