Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not that i'm advocating it, but i suspect banning anyone from Licensed premises unless proof of one vaccine would have the young team bursting through the Vaccine walk in doors.

I imagine the fear of missing a night out  would outweigh the fear of death from vaccine.  Correct me if I am being to flippant to our young community.

Much like what Leitch was portraying with his Ibiza scenario earlier this morning.

Edited by superbigal

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It was never an either or thing though. Patients who entered hospital to get treated for other things were infected with covid and died. So they had to decide whether it was safer to delay treatment that would lower their immunity, during a time of rampant spread, or go ahead and take the chance. Isolating cancer patients say from the rest of the population isn't that easy, you'd have to have doctors, nurses, support staff etc living in a bubble for a start. Then another bubble for Covid patients. They didn't choose to make Covid a priority, it was a fact of life.

So to paraphrase, [cancer patients died because covid was the priority].  By your own response, people can see that the comparison between deaths is not "random". 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes I'm afraid it will.

I am resigning myself to the fact that even in England it'll take another year for mask-obsessing to start really dying away.

I honestly thought people were better than this but the current situation has really opened my eyes.

One of the big problems here is that taking personal responsibility for making your own decisions (keeping fit/healthy, wearing a mask or not) is frowned upon by being right wing/uncaring, whereas blaming Governments for every single COVID death (i.e a total cop out) seems to be the way swathes of the population want to go.

It should have started and ended with protecting the vulnerable through vaccines, but it's been allowed to go far further than it should have done, the sociological consequences of which last for a long time.

Well according to Clownshoes earlier this year we were now dealing with "a different virus" so August 2020 would be accurate for the previous pandemic.

ribery.gif.d1271cce27012e7be5ea370f8bff0f4a.gif

Jeez I’ve seen some awful comebacks on this thread and indeed I’ve likely been responsible for some but this one is absolutely desperate stuff.
You’re better than that shite.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Malta Cases up 1084% in last week.    Everyone loves a Brit tourist.

How will they cope with ~80% of their total population fully vaccinated!

37 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Daft wee Scotland still making us apply for a paper copy weeks before travel. Laughing stock stuff compared to other countries that have their shit together.

Sturgeon has been very coy about vaccine passports and digital certificates which is surprising considering she would normally follow the EU example. 

I would guess the issue here is how to administer it within the devolution framework.

That’s reassuring to know. Thanks.

I’ve a screenshot of mine on my phone in case i ever need to provide it. I don’t think anyone will need it unless it’s for private medical treatment or something similar.

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Started looking over the details of getting away on holiday properly this morning and found out Scotland don’t even have a digital means of proving your vaccine status like the app available in England.

Daft wee Scotland still making us apply for a paper copy weeks before travel. Laughing stock stuff compared to other countries that have their shit together.

I don't understand why the app hasn't been improved to make it more of an "all in one" app so you can scan QR codes when checking in to a pub, shop or garden centre and also why you can't log in the results of any tests that are done.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's getting to the point where we can't discuss anything at all now without extremists on both sides trying to turn it into a left wing vs right wing debate with lemmings on both sides jumping to defend their side.

The problem is that both sides utlimately are about population control. On the far right it's about controlling the workplace and on the far left it's about controlling the individual and both sides are pretending to give a shit about the man in the street to get support - "we'll protect society from bad rich people" through to "we'll empower you to become rich if you want". And people buy into all of this like sheep without realising where both sides ultimately want to lead them.

People really are idiots. :lol:

Anyway, I agree with you on covid. We should have protected the NHS and our vulnerable and once that was done we should have let it rip unless and until the NHS started to creak. Personally I'd have started this when cases dropped away last summer but certainly it should have been done when the vaccines started kicking in for the vulnerable.

Countless years will be lost to this madness when this is all done. Are the NHS ever going to be able to empty the backlog from this utter stupidity?

I don't follow the debate in here as most of you are utter psychopaths but you've just spent the past page shouting that someone is "a Tory" because you didn't agree with there views.... 

Lol. 

10 minutes ago, The Stig said:

It looks like there may be a new treatment available soon after being developed in Canada and if it works like they say will be a game changer in treatment as, you would think, can be used as a home remedy.

https://t.co/FLZsmuzdtM?amp=1 

Israel has been using this for months.

They do love a live trial.

Apparently now in their Pharmacies.

I will find a link.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210708005228/en/SaNOtize’s-Anti-Viral-Treatment-Made-Available-in-Israeli-Pharmacies

5 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Jesus wept. There are so many who think that this is all to do with Covid. Arguing about fucking masks and the like. In your dreams. 

Much worse to befall as planned and it ain't the virus! 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526932c3e9a64ed0c3e3

Gird your loins folks.
Make sure you have emptied your bladders because if this doesn't make you piss yourself with laughter, nothing will.
Apparently, they are trying to claim that long covid has 200 symptoms.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jul/15/long-covid-has-more-than-200-symptoms-study-finds
At this rate it'll be almost impossible to get a diagnosis of anything other than long covid.
Where does this all end, one of the first conditions mentioned was Tinnitus, surely that means you've got Tinnitus just as thousands of people have had for years and no doubt will for years to come.