Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sport is currently the only outdoor setting where mask wearing is being required.

And Opera concerts.

If concert is the right word for outdoor performance of opera.

Edited by 101

31 minutes ago, Mr X said:

^^^ missing "I'm not a scientist, so justify guessing"

I'm not sure why you think that not being a scientist makes your ridiculous (and as it turns out, factually incorrect) simpering any more legitimate. 

Presumably a slightly more sophisticated attempt at the 'it's mah opinion tho!' defence, but equally gubbins. 

Read this morning that the detail of level zero isn’t even being published till tomorrow.

Amateur in the extreme to make the announcement and not have it all ready to roll.

Businesses still waiting 48 hours to find out how the SG are gonna make life more difficult than they anticipated.

For folk who have been double jagged how far in advance of your second appointment did you receive a letter / text telling you when the appointment would be? I should be getting my second around 27 July but if I haven't heard by then I will head for one of the drop in centres.
You can see your appointment on the NHS inform website.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

How long do you think constitutes "a few hours early"?

No youre wrong

Hide contents

41 hours. You got the wrong day mate.

That journalist was the one responsible for blaming Celtic Park and Ibrox for the high COVID rates in their poverty stricken areas despite the fact they've been shut to spectators for pretty much the entire pandemic.

Fair play to him for arguing his dreadful opinions to death on twitter though when most normal people would see they've made a c**t of it.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You can see your appointment on the NHS inform website.

Just went on to look at this and thought it was a simple instant check and you get your answer but they've taken my contact details and say someone will get back to me within 72 hours. I was only checking out of curiousness, I don't actually want some poor sod looking through my file to check when it will be. Seems bizarre it takes 72 hours to check something that should be logged on a central system and could no doubt be checked by a computer algorithm.

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That journalist was the one responsible for blaming Celtic Park and Ibrox for the high COVID rates in their poverty stricken areas despite the fact they've been shut to spectators for pretty much the entire pandemic.

Fair play to him for arguing his dreadful opinions to death on twitter though when most normal people would see they've made a c**t of it.

He's a complete fantasist and it's amazing that he's still on the pay roll of a prestigious newspaper like the Times

By the way, that stuff about "steamed up glasses"? Have you considered a career on the stage? I haven't seen anyone display that much

Got from you mate

[/quote post=14594255" timestamp="1626216285" name="oaksoft" userid="8416]
It's why wearing glasses is a bloody nightmare for example - they keep steaming up.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just went on to look at this and thought it was a simple instant check and you get your answer but they've taken my contact details and say someone will get back to me within 72 hours. I was only checking out of curiousness, I don't actually want some poor sod looking through my file to check when it will be. Seems bizarre it takes 72 hours to check something that should be logged on a central system and could no doubt be checked by a computer algorithm.

I was going to say much the same but I just received a text message only a few minutes later with details of my appointment.

1 hour ago, champions said:

Can confirm said story. Tbf it was unclear as to whether it was banter due to the mask wearing, but the issue was more to do with sitting together, and they were sitting apart before seeing the light and sitting together 

Thanks for that.

Don't mind being slagged off for my views but not for things which actually happened.

North Stand - TFS - N213 and 209. They were in RowM.

Not sure what you have done, enter or retrieve your details and your full vaccination history including appointments are there.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was going to say much the same but I just received a text message only a few minutes later with details of my appointment.

I just got a text saying they've matched my records and they'll get back to me, I assume that means I have no appointment scheduled at the moment. 

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Not sure what you have done, enter or retrieve your details and your full vaccination history including appointments are there.

Just clicked the "check if I have an appointment" bit and put in the details it asked for. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Obviously you can't be expected to eat / drink with a face covering on. I'm not arguing that point. But for everything else I don't see why wearing a face covering at the football outside should be enforced but not in indoor settings like hospitality at times when not eating or drinking.

We're over a year into this and one of the more consistent messages has been that you can compare x and y. 

42 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm not sure why you think that not being a scientist makes your ridiculous (and as it turns out, factually incorrect) simpering any more legitimate. 

Presumably a slightly more sophisticated attempt at the 'it's mah opinion tho!' defence, but equally gubbins. 

Which bit was factually incorrect?

Nice attempted swerve, M74, but the "not a scientist" was aimed at your "ridiculous gesture" claim not an attempt to justify what I said.

But then you knew that ;) 

1 minute ago, strichener said:

Hopefully one slide if PowerPoint.

image.png.4d96f45740c74b16c0c1f9a968cc88fa.png

We should get it added to the domestic vaccine passport.  Either double jagged/prior infected/tested negative and proof you've passed the course on mask wearing before you can get into the pub.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I almost respect him for doubling and tripling down on his absolutely fucking nonsense point. Takes a special level of commitment. 

2,636 new cases of COVID-19 reported (2529 yesterday)

35,849 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

8.1% of these were positive (11.5% yesterday)

11 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (4 yesterday)

46 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 41)

515 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 506)

3,948,446 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,914,904 have received their second dose