Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Whats happening here is that hospitality is getting a bit of leeway to allow them to open, not that football is being punished.

Sport is currently the only outdoor setting where mask wearing is being required.

Edited by craigkillie

Football is currently the only outdoor setting where mask wearing is being required.
That's a different argument. I'm not defending wearing face masks, I was replying directly to the idea that anyone couldn't understand why you don't wear one in hospitality but do at football.
"A bit of leeway"... from a ridiculous gesture that is enforced by law in a low-risk situation. Welcome to the middle of 2021 folks. 
^^^ missing "I'm not a scientist, so justify guessing"

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, not everyone shouts at football and not everyone sits in silence in a restaurant. However, theres more chance of it happening at the football and less in a restaurant.  

Im sure, if it were practical, the advice would be to wear a mask in restaurants too. Makes it kind of difficult to eat though. 

Whats happening here is that hospitality is getting a bit of leeway to allow them to open, not that football is being punished.

Obviously you can't be expected to eat / drink with a face covering on. I'm not arguing that point. But for everything else I don't see why wearing a face covering at the football outside should be enforced but not in indoor settings like hospitality at times when not eating or drinking.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I fully expect the JCVI to announce soon that they can drop it to six weeks, at which point you'll probably still get your appointment for eight weeks with the option to go back after six. That seems like a sensible compromise to me.

Sturgeon called Sarwar ‘irresponsible’ yesterday for suggesting reducing the dose gap so not sure how she’d manage to u-turn on that one.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

We are probably at the stage now where hesitancy will come to the fore. It's been long expected that young age groups will be more reluctant, probably because the risk is much reduced for them. Given the high rates of covid in under 25s currently, there will also be people that simply cannot be vaccinated at this moment in time and will have to wait (4 weeks, isn't it?). 

I'm almost certain it's that appointments for vaccination are being sent to the wrong addresses, rather than vaccine hesitancy. 

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Sturgeon called Sarwar ‘irresponsible’ yesterday for suggesting reducing the dose gap so not sure how she’d manage to u-turn on that one.

The only way she could get away with it is if, the JCVI change there view. Which probably isn't happening

Just now, sparky88 said:

I'm almost certain it's that appointments for vaccination are being sent to the wrong addresses, rather than vaccine hesitancy. 

There will still be an element of this, but there have been quite widely publicised drop-in centres across the country for vaccinations for at least a few weeks now.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Was that not on the basis of just ignoring JCVI though? On the basis that they're the experts in terms of how it should be delivered to ensure maximum efficacy rather than her saying eight weeks is the ideal thing?

You can safely file a lot of what Labour are saying just now in the bin giving they keep insisting on the "Scotland's vaccine programme continues to lag behind" line, which bears absolutely zero scrutiny. I have no idea why they are continuing with the whole post-truth thing of carrying on with something that isn't supported even remotely by the published statistics.

Can't believe folk are still having little tantrum induced accidents over masks.

Like bald men in a desert huffing at the wearing of a hat.

Also, as for football being singled out, there is no other non essential industry that has been given more favourable treatment and attention during covid or that has made a bigger arse of itself in return. 'barrasin.

The JVCI's recommendation for a 12 week interval at the start had no evidence behind it as to effectiveness, it was to prioritise getting first jags into as many people as possible as quickly as possible. Now that we're getting close to everyone having had the 1st jag, any possible marginal benefit to waiting for 8 weeks would likely be outweighed by the benefits of 2nd jagging everyone ASAP after 3 weeks.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Nightclubs were never going to support this.  Their customers are the least vulnerable in society and feel the most invincible.

Having a conversation in a nightclub is difficult at the best of times.  Imagine trying to do it wearing a mask.

Was that not on the basis of just ignoring JCVI though? On the basis that they're the experts in terms of how it should be delivered to ensure maximum efficacy rather than her saying eight weeks is the ideal thing?
You can safely file a lot of what Labour are saying just now in the bin giving they keep insisting on the "Scotland's vaccine programme continues to lag behind" line, which bears absolutely zero scrutiny. I have no idea why they are continuing with the whole post-truth thing of carrying on with something that isn't supported even remotely by the published statistics.
SLAB are all over the place right now.

For folk who have been double jagged how far in advance of your second appointment did you receive a letter / text telling you when the appointment would be? I should be getting my second around 27 July but if I haven't heard by then I will head for one of the drop in centres.

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Can't believe folk are still having little tantrum induced accidents over masks.

Like bald men in a desert huffing at the wearing of a hat.

Also, as for football being singled out, there is no other non essential industry that has been given more favourable treatment and attention during covid or that has made a bigger arse of itself in return. 'barrasin.

We need to move past the idea of being on a naughty step though.

If it's safe to re-open with full stadia, get on with it.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

For folk who have been double jagged how far in advance of your second appointment did you receive a letter / text telling you when the appointment would be? I should be getting my second around 27 July but if I haven't heard by then I will head for one of the drop in centres.

My letter came a week/10 days before.  the appointment was up on vaccination site at least a week before the letter arrived though.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp

36 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Northern Ireland's uptake of first doses is absolutely miles lower than everywhere else - only 62% of the total population so far compared to 72% in Scotland. They've probably run out of willing people to take first doses. As far as Scotland is concerned I expect first doses for 18-30 will eventually top out around 75-80%, which is only another 80-90,000 doses from where we are now. A fair whack of that total will have appointments in the next few days, and another big chunk will no doubt have to wait a few weeks if they've recently been infected. There's always liable to be a bigger chunk of the younger age groups who just won't want it/don't see how it affects them, but I think 75-80% in the younger age group is probably higher than most people expected back at the start. The overall uptake across the board has been far above expectations.

I fully expect the JCVI to announce soon that they can drop it to six weeks, at which point you'll probably still get your appointment for eight weeks with the option to go back after six. That seems like a sensible compromise to me.

My point is i agree I fully expect the JCVI to drop the gap from 8 weeks to 6 weeks.

That decision will not be science though.

Just that supply will now outstrip demand.