Coronavirus (COVID-19)

From that article

There is also the potential problem of unvaccinated spectators self-administering a test and choosing to record a negative result even if they are positive - as there is currently no requirement to provide any proof of the outcome.

One source said: “Think of the moral dilemma: you’re about to leave for the cup final; what do you do if you’re positive?”

But the same source said this would become a minor issue given far more people will have Covid certification through being double-jabbed.

So there is literally nothing to stop someone from testing positive or faking a test and going to the game anyway but we will massively disrupt society anyway. It's clearly not about Covid.

34 minutes ago, The Master said:

The other bizarre thing is that we’re all in the same seat numbers in different rows meaning everyone (except in the back row) has someone two rows directly behind them). 

Surely we could be staggered and ditch the masks?

Yeh would make far more sense odd and even number seats in alternative rows.

From that article

There is also the potential problem of unvaccinated spectators self-administering a test and choosing to record a negative result even if they are positive - as there is currently no requirement to provide any proof of the outcome.

One source said: “Think of the moral dilemma: you’re about to leave for the cup final; what do you do if you’re positive?”

But the same source said this would become a minor issue given far more people will have Covid certification through being double-jabbed.

So there is literally nothing to stop someone from testing positive or faking a test and going to the game anyway but we will massively disrupt society anyway. It's clearly not about Covid.

What is it about then?

33 minutes ago, Detournement said:

From that article

I am being 100% serious when I say I honestly think you need to seek help 

Was told today that at the Caird Hall in Dundee only about 25% of under 30s turned up over the weekend for their jag and the walk ins were dead. Was absolutely dead today so I'm wondering how close we're getting to everyone who wants the vaccine has taken it.

We have really entered a new phase.
I have an email from York racecourse, no mandatory masks or proof of vaxx / testing and full capacity including pay at the gate for their music weekend week after relaxation. Actually goes to some length to stress the event will be rammed and no distancing or masks so if you don't feel comfortable feel free not to come, refund available.

Was told today that at the Caird Hall in Dundee only about 25% of under 30s turned up over the weekend for their jag and the walk ins were dead. Was absolutely dead today so I'm wondering how close we're getting to everyone who wants the vaccine has taken it.
Probably why the Macron approach albeit unpalatable will work.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
We have really entered a new phase.

I have an email from York racecourse, no mandatory masks or proof of vaxx / testing and full capacity including pay at the gate for their music weekend week after relaxation. Actually goes to some length to stress the event will be rammed and no distancing or masks so if you don't feel comfortable feel free not to come, refund available.

The full thing is incoherent. 

Vallence is on TV one day squeezed into a box at Wimbledon without a mask for four hours then is adamant at a press conference that they are still required the following day.

Surely in that case they should be offering 2nd jabs much sooner to anyone who needs one and get them as vaxxed up as they are going to be.

There was a furore when they went from 3 weeks to 12 so no reason why they can't go back to that kind of timescales.

Fwiw Blackpool was probably at about 30% mask use age today in the various indoor arcades. I was probably in the 70% most of the time because it was ducking roasting and I was seething at losing £4 (four) on the 2p tipping point machines the robbing c***s.

Surely in that case they should be offering 2nd jabs much sooner to anyone who needs one and get them as vaxxed up as they are going to be.

There was a furore when they went from 3 weeks to 12 so no reason why they can't go back to that kind of timescales.
Even the second doses seem to have slowed although not to the same extent. Wouldn't be too surprised if they the reduce the 8 weeks in between tbh, I know if people have pre booked trips abroad for work or whatever then they can get the second sooner than 8 weeks so I'm assuming it's not that big a risk.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Had my second Biontech dose today afternoon. Dunno if it was due to that or not but felt sluggish and fell asleep for an hour not long after it. Fine now, ready to, er, sleep.

Hipster.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Probably why the Macron approach albeit unpalatable will work.

That man is a psychopath. 

Vaccine passports for a fucking coffee. Or pay €29 Euros for an antigen and 48hrs of doing normal stuff. 

Liberté, égalité, fraternity indeed. 

Edited by Michael W

At my work there is a guy that has tested positive and it's quite worrying.  He had to shield due to his asthma I think and now he is off with Covid.  He is quite young, late 30's early 40's.  Asked one guy and he said he has no symptoms.  Hopefully that is true, but who knows.  He's been double jabbed.

Edited by Lofarl

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

At my work there is a guy that has tested positive and it's quite worrying.  He had to shield due to his asthma I think and now he is off with Covid.  He is quite young, late 30's early 40's.  Asked one guy and he said he has no symptoms.  Hopefully that is true, but who knows.  He's been double jabbed.

Terrifying