Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

What planned level 0 restrictions have not been implemented today? 

0m distancing outdoors

No limits on outdoor gatherings in public settings

Reverting fully to local licencing laws

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

We quite literally just had one.

It was entirely predictable that a cross in the SNP box would lead to wishy washy lovejoy pandering like this.

Well, yes, but that doesn’t help with the here and now. 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We quite literally just had one.

One in which it was entirely predictable that a cross in the SNP box would lead to wishy washy lovejoy pandering like this.

This x 100. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hardly see anyone wearing them on public transport these days. 

Exact opposite in my experience. I commute on Stirling to Glasgow train three or four days a week and mask use remains 99%. 

I honestly don't even think about it now. I just wear it and that's it.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

If the government decided to cull every firstborn child in the country tomorrow, I doubt you'd be willing to acquiesce and refuse to express any disapproval until the 2026 election comes around. A completely ridiculous, cop-out argument.

If you’re finished resorting to reductio ad absurdum, perhaps you can list the activities you have carried out to register your disapproval of certain restrictions remaining in place. 

Exact opposite in my experience. I commute on Stirling to Glasgow train three or four days a week and mask use remains 99%. 
Same on the Ayrshire line bar the young team heading for the beach. Morning commute trains almost 100%

I can’t see nightclubs opening as normal on August 9th when it is apparently too dangerous for pubs to open until 1am 3 weeks before.

I suspect we will get something designed to appease the bedwetter brigade like ‘nightclubs can open until 1am with no dancing and masks to be worn unless at your table’.

Just now, Scosha said:

"We will not abandon you" 😂. Fucking hell...

that was what my post was in response to, that was the most boaky thing i've heard yet,  lovejoys have serious power here and the chance to get one over the torries appears to trump any common sense and reasoning.

Not to worry , she has a few weeks to see if england back peddle after their re-opeining, if they don't and everyone ends up cancelling their weddings and re-booking for english venues where there's no mask rules for example, or just piling down to newcastle & blackpool for a night on the lash, then the game will be up and the furlough rug will also get pulled

keep believing!

The cynic in me feels that the SG are delaying abandoning social distancing (even with masks) until the schools go back because they know that masks are largely ineffective, and they would rather blame any bounce in cases next month on no distancing than again have to pretend that schools are "low risk"

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The 2k in stadiums is appauling. Comparing Ibrox/Celtic Park to the likes of Falkirk stadium and saying all can have 2k is crazy. Somerset gets classed as standing even though we have one seated stand, so we're only allowed 1k. A kick in the baws

The seating/standing thing is absolutely the worst sh1te I've noticed after reading those rules. You're allowed half the income if you only have standing sections, whilst its about 15 days until we're all meant to be piling into nightclubs and pubs with no distancing....she's gone completely mad with power.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The 2k in stadiums is appauling. Comparing Ibrox/Celtic Park to the likes of Falkirk stadium and saying all can have 2k is crazy. Somerset gets classed as standing even though we have one seated stand, so we're only allowed 1k. A kick in the baws

What I don't get is how you are only allowed 2000 in Ibrox but Party at the Palace music festival has apparently been given the green light for 7000 each day on the weekend of 7th and 8th of August

I’ve the same experience. Only time people tend not to wear one is on quieter trains, even then folk still tend to have them, just lowered around their chin.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The cynic in me feels that the SG are delaying abandoning social distancing (even with masks) until the schools go back because they know that masks are largely ineffective, and they would rather blame any bounce in cases next month on no distancing than again have to pretend that schools are "low risk"

I'd say that is the mug in you. 

Sturgeon has no intention of abandoning mask wearing this year.