Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

I'm old enough to remember when places like this were held up as a shining light throughout the pandemic by #ZeroCovid cultists!

I mean, people who can get it but choose not to are simply anti-vaxx scum cretins. It's as simple as that.

While opposition to things like domestic vaccine passes are understandable, both yourself and 'Thereisalight..' certainly seem to give off strong anti-vaxx vibes as well...

I'm not particularly bothered about this vaccine but I've had Covid and am naturally immune so why should I get it? I'll probably have to get it before the end of the year now but i'm hoping to visit friends in Australia whenever that is possible so would need it for that. 

I'm astonished that more people aren't concerned about the digital control/restriction infrastructure that is being established across Europe and the likelihood that this is just the beginning and it won't just be Covid vaccines or even just vaccines that determine your status to participate in society. Have a look at the draconian new law and order bill the Tories are passing and it's obvious what direction we are headed in.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

That in no way suggests I think it’s an either/or decision. 

It means I think the Scottish Government sees it as an either/or decision, and that’s something I’m prepared to accept in the absence of being able to do anything about it. 

If you're prepared to unquestioningly accept completely illogical and ridiculous government decisions "in the absence of being able to do anything about it" then you're a rube. Not to mention the most useful idiot imaginable for a genuinely malevolent authoritarian regime, as opposed to this merely incompetent and knicker-wetting brigade. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

20 years of voting SNP in every single election up in smoke.

Over fucking masks.

It's strange what things end up being your red lines.

Just stop wearing them.  No one challenges anyone who isn't wearing them.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm afraid that it is looking very much like we'll never be free from mask wearing unless people are prepared to break the law.

We're already in July.

"For some time" strongly suggests not August either.

Then we're into September and I just don't see why she would remove them at that point.

Another year of this and she'll consider it unnecessary to ever remove them.

I think we are stuck with them permanently.

How the f**k did we allow it all to come to this?

She should be pushed on an endpoint for the masks.

Outside of some weirdo zero COVID dream, those who can't take a vaccine and are vulnerable are going to be "at risk" regardless.

More mewling from Sturgeon (and the BBC today) about the vulnerable feeling anxious etc despite the fact that err, this will always have been the case even before Covid. We also had cold, hard fucking data only days ago which shows vaccination essentially works just as well for them as 'non-vulnerable' people.

Get in the bin. Life should not be based around this.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

If you're prepared to unquestioningly accept completely illogical and ridiculous government decisions "in the absence of being able to do anything about it" then you're a rube. Not to mention the most useful idiot imaginable for a genuinely malevolent authoritarian regime, as opposed to this merely incompetent and knicker-wetting brigade. 

You tell me what I can do about it in the absence of an election. Then tell me why you haven’t already been doing that given your vocal opposition to many of the restrictions that have been kept in place until now. 

Just now, anotherchance said:

She should be pushed on an endpoint for the masks.

Outside of some weirdo zero COVID dream, those who can't take a vaccine and are vulnerable are going to be "at risk" regardless.

But don’t forget ‘you can get seriously ill with the virus at any age’ and ‘long covid is a threat to us all’.

Better to be cautious as we just don’t know 😏

Just stop wearing them.  No one challenges anyone who isn't wearing them.
You clearly don't follow Oaky's ramblings. He has stated on here he hasn't been wearing one for weeks so no idea why he feels the need to move house given he's not been following the rule for ages. Attention seeking nonsense.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

You tell me what I can do about it in the absence of an election. Then tell me why you haven’t already been doing that given your vocal opposition to many of the restrictions that have been kept in place until now. 

We quite literally just had one.

One in which it was entirely predictable that a cross in the SNP box would lead to wishy washy lovejoy pandering like this.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Daily Cases Update:  Decent Day 7 of dropping cases. Down an excellent 3.62% to 343.0  and infectivity down to 9.9%   I expect further small decreases in range of 1.5-2.5% over next 2 days.   I expect England to go past Scotland by 4pm UK announcement tomorrow.

Midlothian our worst affected area is down to 12th place from 8th on the UK charts.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days from 4th July to 10th July  were  19,445 to 18,740 down 3.62%.  Positivity was 10.1%  now 9.9%.   Cases per 100k were  355.9 now 343.0

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average   298.1 to 311.7 up 4.56%, England 301.5 to 318.8 up 5.74%,  Wales 139.3 to 144.5 up 3.73%, Northern Ireland  165.1 to 173.8 up 5.27%

No updates from mainland Europe since July 2 !!! which is disappointing and a pain as I believe some upward movement

Latest European figures today.   Scotland 343.0, England 318.8, Northern Ireland 173.8, Wales 144.5, Portugal 109.3 to 118.0,  Russia 97.8 to 100.0,   Spain 76.3 to 92.9, at other end we have Poland 1.9 to 1.8, Germany 5.1 to 5.0, Italy 7.4 to 7.5, Czech 9.0 to 8.5, Switzerland 8.4 to 9.0, Sweden 14.2 to 16.0 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Midlothian  668.4 to 653.4  

Dundee City  638.2 to 584.7   7th day of dropping, this time an excellent 8.38%

East Lothian 500.5 to 494.0  LEVEL 1

City Of Edinburgh 474.9 to 455.7  7th day in a row down. 

Inverclyde  484.6 to 452.4  LEVEL 1 

Angus  465.6 to 450.9 LEVEL 1

East Renfrewshire   435.5 to 430.2 

Glasgow City  426.1 to 411.0

West Dunbartonshire   409.3 to 382.3  LEVEL 1 

Fife  384.7 to 374.5  LEVEL 1

West Lothian  373.0 to 370.3   LEVEL1  

Renfrewshire  368.0 to 369.6  

North Lanarkshire  367.3 to 366.2  

Perth & Kinross   378.4 to 353.4  LEVEL 1

Aberdeen City  373.0 to 343.4 LEVEL1

East Dunbartonshire   367.3 to 340.6 

Falkirk  347.4 to 341.8  LEVEL 1

South Lanarkshire   266.1 to 256.5

North Ayrshire  266.4 to 251.6

Stirling   239.9 to 246.3  

Scottish  Borders 255.4 to 239.8 LEVEL 1

East Ayrshire  243.4 to 217.2 

Highlands  228.6 to 216.7 LEVEL 1

South Ayrshire  215.8 to 203.4  

Aberdeenshire   206.7 to 200.6 LEVEL 1

Clackmannanshire  192.1 to 186.3

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Argyll & Bute  173.5 to 166.5

Orkney Islands   125.7 to 125.7

Dumfries & Galloway   116.2 to 115.5 

Moray   99.1 to 104.4

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Shetland Islands   56.7 to 65.4

Western Isles   41.2 to 48.7

Just now, The Master said:

You tell me what I can do about it in the absence of an election.

If the government decided to cull every firstborn child in the country tomorrow, I doubt you'd be willing to acquiesce and refuse to express any disapproval until the 2026 election comes around. A completely ridiculous, cop-out argument.