Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

People will end up topping themselves because of the shite Devi and Deepti come out with, if they haven't done so already.

Absolute scumbags the pair of them, trying to make a cheap buck of people's worst fears. Lovejoys will lovejoy though and they ultimately need to take responsibility for weighing up their own risks too.

People will be fine, they just need to go for a walk in the sunshine. Or something.

It's pretty vile to push the narrative that anyone who doesn't wear a mask when not legally required to do so doesn't care about their community. The woman's an absolute rocket. 

Edited by Louis Litt

19 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It's pretty vile to push the narrative that anyone who doesn't wear a mask when not legally required to do so doesn't care about their community. The woman's an absolute rocket. 

This is what worries me. I suffer from anxiety & panic attacks, so have got an exemption not to wear a mask, & getting used to going out & doing ‘normal’ things again like getting the train, being in a public setting like shops etc will be challenging enough without the thought of people hassling me / suggesting I don’t care about other people or the community in the back of my mind.

If people want to carry on wearing masks after they’ve been told it’s not mandatory to, then fair play to them, but I’m hoping they’ll leave those of us who choose not to alone. Live & let live. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

What folk have to remember is that a large section of the population before Covid were socially awkward, suffered anxiety, didn't like mingling in groups so the last 18 months has been right up the alley of a great many people.

These are generally the people who are now scrambling for any crumb of comfort or reassurance they can and are desperate for these ridiculous measures to always be in place.

Totally understand where you’re coming from on this, I suffer from anxiety & I’m honestly not a fan of big crowds / mingling in large groups personally, but it’s been brilliant to see other people enjoying doing those things again. 

I’m quite happy getting the train to watch my local Highland League team, or go out for meals with my girlfriend, seeing family & friends etc, that’s my life in a nutshell as boring as that sounds! 

I’m really glad to see the measures being lifted though, because at their worst (lockdown etc) I lost my confidence going out / using public transport because the rules didn’t allow me to do so - so now I’m having therapy to start getting used to being in those situations again. I guess it’s like relearning to ride a bike in a way! 

Long story short, I’m far from a social butterfly but seeing these restrictions getting fired into the sun is a welcome sight, for sure. 

There’s a debate to be had on whether wearing a mask itself makes a difference or is just pandemic theatre, but loudly boasting on social media about the fact you’re going to wear one is 100% virtue signalling 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

What folk have to remember is that a large section of the population before Covid were socially awkward, suffered anxiety, didn't like mingling in groups so the last 18 months has been right up the alley of a great many people.

These are generally the people who are now scrambling for any crumb of comfort or reassurance they can and are desperate for these ridiculous measures to always be in place.

I'm socially awkward and suffer anxiety, I also dont like mingling in groups, despite that these last 16 months have been hell for me personally. I cant wait to go into a restaurant again and not have a QR code stuck in my face. I cant wait to go to shops and not have to wear a mask and be able to see people when they talk and see their expressions. I cant wait to be part of a crowd at Somerset to cheer on goals and comeserate us being so shit. I cant wait to go to gigs again. I cant wait for covid not to be dominating conversations with every fcker you meet. 

Worth noting that for all the frothing , the rage and the total meltdowns about our children getting seriously sick and potentially using them as guinea pigs to let it run rampage, this is the total number of hospital cases in children in Scotland since the start of the pandemic. This is where the current rage and 'terror' is being directed.

image.png.ef504ca111876e61aff8a8f586660f24.png

And the total number of deaths in Scotland since the start of the pandemic.

image.png.c99e47ff34e1b27e1498db9f3a2329c3.png

This is the hill these zero covid nutters choose to die on.

2.3% of all hospital cases.

0.00038% of all deaths.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Worth noting that for all the frothing , the rage and the total meltdowns about our children getting seriously sick and potentially using them as guinea pigs to let it run rampage, this is the total number of hospital cases in children in Scotland since the start of the pandemic. This is where the current rage and 'terror' is being directed.

image.png.ef504ca111876e61aff8a8f586660f24.png

And the total number of deaths in Scotland since the start of the pandemic.

image.png.c99e47ff34e1b27e1498db9f3a2329c3.png

This is the hill these zero covid nutters choose to die on.

2.3% of all hospital cases.

0.00038% of all deaths.

Heartless child hating c**t.

On the masks thing, what is even the point? Even under the current level of restrictions, cases are spiking in both Scotland and England. Opening up further but keeping token measures like masks will make almost no difference versus opening up completely.

If the governments wanted to suppress the Delta wave, their only choice would be to reimpose harsher measures now to get the R back below 1. There is literally no point in either remaining in the position we are now, or relaxing it slightly more but not completely. The governments have only two options:

1. Reopen completely and accept that the Delta variant will infect the vast majority of people who remain susceptible, but reassuringly this wave will skew young and healthy so the death numbers should be far below the previous waves and fall well within NHS capacity. Accept the “long Covid” repercussions of this. 

2. Reimpose lockdown measures to suppress the current wave. At the very least we’d need to be closing indoor hospitality and banning indoor household mixing. Outdoor hospitality *might* be able to stay open. These measures would probably need to be in place until spring 2022.

I don’t think there’s any appetite for the latter so the only option remaining on the table is to remove the rules entirely and go for herd immunity while the NHS can hope.