Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
53 minutes ago, Left Back said:
No idea about planes but trains are at 70% capacity to keep 1m distancing.

Not on the Ayrshire line with the weather this week. Absolutely fucking rammed with police stationed at Irvine Ayr and Troon in a (failed) attempt to control the crowds. Last Tuesday heading up to Glasgow it was like Sardines, literally standing right down the carriage like the old days.

I was talking about LNER to go down South where you have to have a reservation these days.

4 hours ago, The Master said:

I don’t pretend to know how the tests work, but if the virus is as transmissible as we’re told then why isn’t it enough just to spit into a tube?

University of Edinburgh (and likely several other Universities) are currently doing a study on exactly this.

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

No idea about planes but trains are at 70% capacity to keep 1m distancing.

Are they f**k, its closer to 30%. Been up and down from London a few times and about 10 people in a carriage on average. 

Todays daily news from Batshit Thailand.

We have run out of vaccines, it seems the company which makes the AZ vaccine in Thailand (a company owned by the King, which has never made a vaccine in it puff before), doesn't know what it doing. 

A hospital director from Thonburi Hospital, has also tried to purchase Moderna vaccine and was told he couldn't as it's only the Thai government which can place orders for Covid medication. 

Moderna were then contacted to see  what Thailands  order is. 

We have never made an order.  It also turns out we have never made an order for Pfizer either.  

This all happened yesterday, and today we made our first order for Moderna, well we have put a draft together to make an order, which has to be approved.

Also the PM was photographed in Phuket, with no mask and sitting around with his fellow generals having a jolly.

Are they f**k, its closer to 30%. Been up and down from London a few times and about 10 people in a carriage on average. 
I think he's talking about permitted capacity rather than numbers actually travelling.

Todays daily news from Batshit Thailand.
We have run out of vaccines, it seems the company which makes the AZ vaccine in Thailand (a company owned by the King, which has never made a vaccine in it puff before), doesn't know what it doing. 
A hospital director from Thonburi Hospital, has also tried to purchase Moderna vaccine and was told he couldn't as it's only the Thai government which can place orders for Covid medication. 
Moderna were then contacted to see  what Thailands  order is. 
We have never made an order.  It also turns out we have never made an order for Pfizer either.  
This all happened yesterday, and today we made our first order for Moderna, well we have put a draft together to make an order, which has to be approved.
Also the PM was photographed in Phuket, with no mask and sitting around with his fellow generals having a jolly.
Do you not have Just Eat In Thailand ?
10% of first order.

16 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I think the mask is psychological - not in making you feel safer, but as a reminder to distance.  I know that when I put on a mask, I’m suddenly more aware of what’s going on around me, or at least more conscious of it.  

The masks do exactly the opposite. They make you think you don't have to distance. 

Absolutely fuming/frustrated this morning. Our wee one has to go to A&E, hopefully nothing serious, but only one parent is allowed to go. I’ve been double jabbed, wife has been single jabbed. We’re teachers so have about a thousand of these test kits in the house, each testing negative, but only one can go to the hospital. Honesty, get this shite so far to f**k.

They really ought to consider suing the council for that.
It's an interesting / worrying decision with the new season days away. If the reports are correct Midlothian Council "misinterpreted" the L2 rules on outdoor gatherings. Reports say they granted a license knowing there were more than 500 participants. They appear to be applying the outdoor sports arena regs. My understanding of those is LAs have dispensation to permit larger attendance if conditions are met. Presumably the LA thought conditions had been met and awarded the license. It's then reported that at the last minute they sought clarification from the SG and after receiving that clarification (in the form of a letter from Leitch if reports are accurate) it transpired they should not have granted the licence and were forced to cancel at the last minute. All a total minefield for crowds going forward so the sooner we get beyond such restrictions the better.

Piss poor by Midlothian Council if it's as reported.

Absolutely fuming/frustrated this morning. Our wee one has to go to A&E, hopefully nothing serious, but only one parent is allowed to go. I’ve been double jabbed, wife has been single jabbed. We’re teachers so have about a thousand of these test kits in the house, each testing negative, but only one can go to the hospital. Honesty, get this shite so far to f**k.
The wife's gran is in a standard ward in Ayrshire. It's one visitor every TWO days booked 30m slots only and it's rigidly adhered to.

6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Its a basic infection control measure in the place you are probably most likely to pick the virus up short of walking into ITU. There is limited space in the ED’s due to having to still have red/green areas and the fact we are still getting significant numbers of  Covid +ve folk into ED. You could still carry it and there may be folk in A&E who are neutropenic or on Chemo as well who are exceptionally high risk so its to protect them as well.

This is likely to always be the case in hospital for the forseeable and to be honest its actually a good thing as it stops maw, paw and the entire family appearing in as some folk seem to do. (not a dig) 

Hopefully your wee one is okay.