Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Been to both this week, nobody giving a flying f**k.  Even York today was rammed and nobody bothering other than an occasional  did you use covid app.  Aye mate. 

Off to Lancashire tomorrow and from what I hear it's pretty much as normal.

Off to Liverpool on Monday and will be great to see normality back. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Dundee’s high case rate could be due to the large young population. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/2349325/dundees-sky-high-covid-rate-due-to-younger-population/

More evidence that the vaccines are working. 

Young team here are honestly not giving a f**k.

Boozers packed, house parties etc. I’m certainly not in the young team bracket any more, but it’s proof if nothing else that there is no fear and we will be back to normal very quickly IMO.

I really hope the SG stick to their dates and not to delay the 9th of august by a few weeks. 

If England still sticks with 19th July the 9th august will be the worst scenario date I think.

I can see 2nd August.

55 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Been to both this week, nobody giving a flying f**k.  Even York today was rammed and nobody bothering other than an occasional  did you use covid app.  Aye mate. 

Off to Lancashire tomorrow and from what I hear it's pretty much as normal.

Tbf I was in Nairn today and it was the busiest I have seen the beach area in years! Nobody giving a f**k. Was great to get the kids out to the beach.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Poor phrasing. 

A half-full Centre Court at Wimbledon will appear fuller because it’s quite small and compact. 

It looks full because everyone is seated together at the front of the court. The empty seats are all up the back and are not viewable on normal tv pictures. Kind of negates the purpose of only 50% capacity.

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

I wonder if this is common practice at all games at Wembley?

I went to a Spurs game a few years ago and we were similarly penned in down Wembley way before being allowed to go up to access the tube.

1 minute ago, Gallant Pioneer said:

It looks full because everyone is seated together at the front of the court. The empty seats are all up the back and are not viewable on normal tv pictures. Kind of negates the purpose of only 50% capacity.

I remember similar at the other test events.  People weren’t evenly spread throughout stadiums.  Someone on here said it was by design (I had my doubts)

I’m not surprised tennis fans are treated very differently by the media than football fans though.

I went to a Spurs game a few years ago and we were similarly penned in down Wembley way before being allowed to go up to access the tube.

They did the same at the WCQ down there in 2016. Was infuriating as f**k.