Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, dave258 said:

I agree but for Wembley the test had to be done within 48h of kick off, so it is possible some people contracted it in that time period. Still a load of nonsense anyway.

It's more likely they have come into contact with the virus on trains, busses and in pubs etc.

I see the media etc still struggle to grasp that someone who's immune system has recently swatted covid aside will still have detectable viral fragments in their system. They are not infected, or infectious.

Thankfully, the UK Gov (and even NS) appear to have moved on from worrying about 'cases' and are firmly focused on the arse-shoeing that the vaccines dish out to the virus.

I agree but for Wembley the test had to be done within 48h of kick off, so it is possible some people contracted it in that time period. Still a load of nonsense anyway.
Having never taken a test how does this work?

Do you do the test at home and upload the result or do you have to get a test done at a test site and get an official result that way?

If it's the former then surely most didn't bother and said they were negative?

So at a conservative estimate 50% of  Scottish cases related to the Exodus to England.

Hardly unexpected.

As long as everyone who tested positive or contacted by Trace & Protect stays in isolation then the peak should pass imminently and cases start to fall very quickly.

Then we will not look like the weird outlier that we currently do in European figures.

Edited by superbigal

6 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Posted elsewhere but I visited a factory in the Borders this morning with nearly half the workforce in self isolation. 7 of their guys went to Wembley, all 7 came back with Covid. 

Would be very interested to read some follow-up on this: how many (from the total workforce) will become ill/hospitalised etc?

Edit: how many were vaccinated prior to travelling?

Edited by badgerthewitness

Yes sir, i can lurgie

PS Boohoo shit happens, people are going to be contracting covid for the rest of time from now on, stop trying to moralise people people getting no well, it's time we accepted it as a fact of life instead of looking at it as wholey preventable if we would only stick to what is essential , just f**k off

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Would be very interested to read some follow-up on this: how many (from the total workforce) will become ill/hospitalised etc?

Edit: how many were vaccinated prior to travelling?

No idea on any of that - most of the guys in there are in their 30's and 40's. Not back in there for a month, by which time it will be a thing of the past probably. 

19 minutes ago, dave258 said:

Or they caught it at the game, after or on the way home.

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

No idea on any of that - most of the guys in there are in their 30's and 40's. Not back in there for a month, by which time it will be a thing of the past probably. 

Cheers, my point is: I think we're at the point (or close to it) where a covid positive person can inhabit a workplace without posing any significant threat to those around them & it's interesting to see it play out.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Perversely, AZ (or vaxzevria as it appears on the covid documentation) is fine. Covishield (the same fucking vaccine!) which is issued in India is not. 

I have no idea why this is. 

The European Medical Agency loves its paperwork

1991 cases broken down as

1294 unticketed travellers
397 at the game
55 at the fanzone
38 at the Croatia game
37 vs Czechs

With the remaining linked to either pub or hoose watching.

Having been at the fanzone I’m fairly confident in saying there would have been 0 transmission there unless you shared a table because it is so sanitised.

Would feel pretty safe to say that hardly any of these cases were caught or transmitted at any the games and would have been picked up via transport given the anecdotal stories of full bus loads being positive. Ban buses IMO.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57667163

Scotland had 2000 tickets for the game, nearly one in five of the fans who had tickets have subsequently caught Covid.

As has been said before, this site is a bubble.  A lot of people in Scotland will be absolutely raging at this.  

Yeah, there's no point at all in denying it's caused a spike in cases, because it has. There will be a lot of anger about it. 

However it is only fair to point out that these were journeys that people were entitled to make. Efforts to stop people doing this were slim, with only really the SFA and Sadiq Khan really sticking their heads above the parapet. In that respect I don't really see how the SG has course to complain about this - any attempts to stop people travelling were half-hearted in the extreme. 

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Deepti tears are the best tears.

I am sure none of these cases had anything to do with:

1) People from areas with high prevalence of covid travelling. 

2) People travelling in close proximity (tube/coach/train etc) 

3) The travelling demographic being predominately unvaccinated. 

Nope, must be the existence of the event itself. Get it right up Dr Deepti.