Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I honestly don’t know what these science / medicine types are getting from this viewpoint now that it’s all basically over.

Surely it starts to majorly discredit their whole life’s work if it’s now just opinion to cause controversy, rather than based in fact?

they're behaviour reminds me of overly confident mouthy kids combined with parents who agree with the,  who think that snow automatically = schools shut. sorry kids, this isny school 

On older people, talking to my folks about their views and their friends views, there is a bit of internal conflict there. They want things opened up and society back to normal again - the devastation to their social life has been enormous. My folks were very active, out most nights with various clubs, hobbies and the like. They want that back. At the same time there is a reluctance to dive back in. They are, let's be honest, the most vulnerable group and have spent over a year being told to stay hidden away or they could potentially die.

It isn't as black and white as some folk are making out - they want things back but are nervous about it.

35 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

My grandparents usually spend half of their year in Spain and are bored out of their nut here or at least were till things began opening up a bit. They have been back in Scotland since last October like they usually do till after Christmas again, but with so much uncertainty have not been able to get away.

Much like yourself, they are desperate for everything to be back to normal and tbh so I’m I so I can get over for free holidays again!

If I had the chance to spend half of each year in Spain, I wouldn't be coming back to Scotland for the autumn/winter months. That sounds mental tbh.

Being in Scotland between May and September = doing it correctly. 

29 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Looks like the lovejoys are stepping up efforts to stop the 19th in England 

Almost a full house there for Ian Dunt. 

If only we had vaccines to stop people getting covid. 

Looking forward to Sturgeon announcing they are bringing forward level 0 by a few days for Jade Anderson's wedding.

Don’t ask don’t get IMO.

21 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

remeber this forum lovejoyed the f**k out of pozbaird last year for the pishiest of lockdown breaches. we forget about that. i didn't (then or now) give a toss as i personaly broke plenty rules from april last year up untill now but just didnt announce it to anyone 

Folk did that because he was being a c**t about it, comparing people to Nazis and so on.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Looking forward to Sturgeon announcing they are bringing forward level 0 by a few days for Jade Anderson's wedding.

Indeed.  Her fiance should take her post as an indication of what his life will be like and make the point about bringing forward the date to the 16th moot.  The X at the end was particularly telling.  

30 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

fair play to her, them that never asked for a sweetie never got one, can't see it happening myself mind you! 

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Hard day for Chris Whitty, dealing with the brain donor section of society.

Are these people calling him a murderer for not keeping restrictions in place tougher and for longer? Or for having restrictions in the first place? 

I can’t tell if this protest is anti-vax/anti-lockdown or anti-restriction easing.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are these people calling him a murderer for not keeping restrictions in place tougher and for longer? Or for having restrictions in the first place? 

I can’t tell if this protest is anti-vax/anti-lockdown or anti-restriction easing.

They probably don't know themselves.

Despite the annoyingly high proportion of Lovejoys in the population I’m not sure there’s ever actually been a “pro-restrictions” protest. Most of the would-be attendees are too busy wearing face masks in cars and disinfecting their groceries to bother. 

IMG_8741.jpg

It was nice to watch Scotland play at Hampden in the euros in front of a crowd, so yes I would say it was worth it. If only we could’ve won once game.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As there's a union jack on display with a smiley face on it and as the person who tweeted the video commented "Do none of you have any sympathy for families whose loved ones died or were disabled post-vaccine, or were denied effective treatments for covid so that we could make 9 covid billionaires"

It's those smiley faced anti-vax/lockdown people.