Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This led to many fewer deaths in Scotland, so I'd say that was a reasonable enough approach to take at the time. We bought the time for the vaccines to be rolled out, which almost certainly did save a lot of lives. However, dragging their heels now is no longer going to save lots of lives, so we need to see them sticking to the plan and getting the levels rolled down quickly as long as the hospital numbers stay roughly how they are (which I'm confident they will).

It was encouraging yesterday that the First Minister focused on vaccine rollout and not the infection numbers.

This is the right approach. 

The problem we had previously was that there was a pile of screeching about variants and therefore case numbers had to be reduced. Thankfully this hasn't yet happened, but they have got three weeks to kick and scream the governments into a u-turn. 

2 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

All the while Sajid Javid saying England are definitely dropping restrictions in 3 weeks time cause cases are irrelevant.

What a fucking circus it is up here.

That rhetoric went well last time eh? June the neverteenth wasn’t it?

Down south is no better than the circus up here. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Sturgeon kens this is over.  She just had to be careful how she words it.

Yeah. Regardless of when these are fully binned - be it a week, a month, a year or a decade from now, there is going to be a sizeable and vocal section of people who will wail that 'you have abandoned us' and 'what about variants/mutations/the children/long covid'.

It doesn't matter when they end, it will be too soon for many, many people. There are a large number of bedwetters who are clearly whipped up into a frothing mess at how scary it all is but let's be honest, a large part of this section is most certainly made up of a mixture of

• Retirees who have all the home comforts that they need, mortgage paid, no social life to speak of so they'd rather just make sure everyone else can't move about either - protect their own interests
  • The 'I'm alright Jack' types who think that because they have not really been affected by the restrictions, that there's no real need to change anything
  • Those who have become totally acclimatised to sitting on their arse, watching daytime telly and in the last 18 months, having their wages from a job they detest either mostly or fully subsidised, so have not an iota of need to want to go back to their work and would like to delay forever more as long as the money is rolling in.
Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. Regardless of when these are fully binned - be it a month, a year or a decade from now, there is going to be a sizeable section of people who will wail that 'you have abandoned us' and 'what about variants/mutations/the children/long covid'.

It doesn't matter when they end, it will be too soon for many, may people. There are a large number of bedwetters who are clearly whipped up into a frothing mess at how scary it all is but let's be honest, a large part of this section is most certainly made up of a mixture of

• Retirees who have all the home comforts that they need, mortgage paid, no social life to speak of so they'd rather just make sure everyone else can't move about either - protect their own interests
  • The 'I'm alright Jack' types who think that because they have not really been affected by the restrictions, that there's no real need to change anything
  • Those who have become totally acclimatised to sitting on their arse, watching daytime telly and in the last 18 months, having their wages from a job they detest either mostly or fully subsidised, so have not an iota of need to want to go back to their work and would like to delay forever more as long as the money is rolling in.

My parents, well my mum (my dad is in favour of opening up) fails into this category.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

My parents, well my mum (my dad is in favour of opening up) fails into this category.

The number of late middle-aged and elderly folk this whole saga has completely FUBARed mentally is unreal.

Bear in mind that this is a generation who will readily and enthusiastically tell you that the youth of today is too soft/emotional/snowflakes, amany of whom claim to have that 'Great British' attitude of remaining stoic and keeping a stiff upper lip in adversity, giving it the whole 'My dad was in the landings at Normandy, the youth of today would have never survived it' etc.

Yet so many of them are reduced to being absolutely terrified. Despite the fact that they should be feeling safer now in regards to Covid than they have at any other point in the last 17 months and that feeling of safety should only be growing stronger by the day.

9 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

See Chris Whitty getting bullied by some guys on their phones. Poor guy has that face he's probably not had to use since he was at school.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/29/vaccines-minister-condemns-video-of-chris-whitty-being-harassed-by-thugs

Absolute shambles that. Doesn't matter what your thoughts on this nonsense are, going after folks like Whitty is just ridiculous. Why these guys don't have a level of protection given the exposure they've had is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

image.png.fe8f918dd748728b665771e2dbc74dd5.png

Wait, what?!

It's fucking toilet paper, how is jumping on a pallet of it going to leave it unfit for use unless she then punted the pallet into a pond?

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

More people having a normal one. 

It's a disgrace that he hasn't been provided with protection. More disgraceful that it's necessary, granted, but these aren't exactly the first incidents of this nature. 

I've quoted the wrong post here. Doh. 

Edited by Michael W

16 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Basically, we have a group here that think it’s fine just to ignore the rules the rest of us have been working to, and that it’ll have no impact on the rest of us.  

It’s over, cigars, “everyone has been vaccinated”  etc, etc.  

If this slows down opening up by one single day, because they couldn’t be arsed with the risk they might get the virus and have to restrict their movements in the slightest way, then frankly f*** em. 

Oh, I forgot.  It was a joke.  No-ones doing that…

Brains & beauty xoxo

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Almost 18 months into lock downs and/or restrictions and there's still folk on here who don't want them lifted, despite the vaccine working better than anyone expected.  Fucking weird c***s.

Just dont understand their mindset at all. Fck knows how they ever managed to leave the house during a bad cold/flu season. If they want to hide indoors forever then so be it but let the rest of us get on with living. This charade has lasted way too long already 

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do they still do Winfield (Adidas) 4 stripe footy boots with the stripes in orange.

Imagine still having Woolworths in the 21st century. Backwards types these Aussies.