Coronavirus (COVID-19)

No point in wasting too much time on these psychos, now that their big mate Hancock has been knifed and their moment in the spotlight is coming to an end. No encore, no plaudits, other than a world's shittest dentist being mailed to Clownshoes Leitch. 

DLLyGZ.gif.0a687329b587465df5325d9d7d26aae6.gif

35 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Andrew Marr caught covid in England, having travelled from England. Let's blame international travel! 

Let's just ignore the UK being the plague pit of Europe, the Delta variant being dominant here and there being no other such VaRiAnTs to be seen in other countries at the moment. Let's also ignore that covid cases were not exactly plentiful amongst the foreign delegations. Let us further ignore that cases across the whole of the UK have risen a shitload since the G7 summit as well. 

And also let's just ignore that Andrew Marr caught it whilst travelling in accordance with Indie Sage's own guidance! 

Let's also advocate pointless surge testing for a variant that is already dominant and therefore is not going to be stopped like the SA variant. 

Looks like this utter clownshoe has stepped up to be Indie SAGE's next media personality following Gurdasani's meltdown earlier. 

And in case anyone was wondering, here are her creds -  https://weareagenda.org/zubaida-haque/

Maybe she can use them and see how her beloved NPIs are exacerbating inequalities in the UK. 

Also surely what happened to Andrew Marr shows vaccines are working exactly as intended. 

He had symptoms equivalent to a heavy cold, spent the week in bed without requiring hospital treatment and is now back at work.

Unless independent sage are now saying that all illness must be eradicated, surely that is a very good outcome? 

4 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Exactly this. We have been so cautious we are behind the curve.

By the same token this is why Australia and New Zealand may be absolutely fucked now with the delta variant.

This led to many fewer deaths in Scotland, so I'd say that was a reasonable enough approach to take at the time. We bought the time for the vaccines to be rolled out, which almost certainly did save a lot of lives. However, dragging their heels now is no longer going to save lots of lives, so we need to see them sticking to the plan and getting the levels rolled down quickly as long as the hospital numbers stay roughly how they are (which I'm confident they will).

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

Aye, well done for all that st stuff your dad did. 

2f6b46b1-8814-4d9a-8baf-0252609c5617.jpg

She never stood up and waved, surely she's self aware enough to know folk are clapping her das efforts not her work as his PR machine.

She really needs to take a leaf out the woman who came up with the Vax. Sit look uncomfortable let the applause end naturally, don't milk it.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:
28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Least that should be enough in this day and age to get a B for their higher Chemistry.

Based on the ludicrous results last year, almost certainly an A.

Bunch of front pages this morning stating we should be delaying the August end of restrictions cause cases are too high. The media basically trying to force the FM to Lovejoy it.

All the while Sajid Javid saying England are definitely dropping restrictions in 3 weeks time cause cases are irrelevant.

What a fucking circus it is up here.

Bunch of front pages this morning stating we should be delaying the August end of restrictions cause cases are too high. The media basically trying to force the FM to Lovejoy it.
All the while Sajid Javid saying England are definitely dropping restrictions in 3 weeks time cause cases are irrelevant.
What a fucking circus it is up here.

If sturgeon was then to delay until, say September the media, and the opposition would then kick off statin it’s not fair.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don’t comes to mind.

If the delay goes into September, restrictions will be in place until Easter. 

The Coronavirus Act expires at the end of September just int tike for flu season, so if we're a couple of weeks away from that and still under restrictions, it'll be extended with another smattering of we just don't know! 

It is feasible that we'll end up being under restrictions again anyway, most likely under the guise of protecting the NHS again. But if we don't get them gone on August, it is almost certain they will remain until spring. I can't see how they will be removed in say October when flu cases start picking up. 

At any rate, there have been too many false downs here. It is about time governments started to feel serious heat for their failure to deliver. These restrictions have a fundamental and serious  impact on people's lives, in a lot cases their employment and economic prospects. To mess everyone around by casually delaying the roll back of restrictions is very much in the category of unfair. 

I'm fortunate my livelihood doesn't depend on retail, travel or hospitality. I find the delays very frustrating but if my livelihood did depend on those, It would be anger rather than frustratiing. These sectors have been messed around far too much by empty promises, only to see their preparations dashed at the 11th hour on numerous occasions. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The Coronavirus Act expires at the end of September just int tike for flu season, so if we're a couple of weeks away from that and still under restrictions, it'll be extended with another smattering of we just don't know! 

Not going to happen unless the Scottish Government pick up the furlough bill for all the industries that can’t operate.

7 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Not going to happen unless the Scottish Government pick up the furlough bill for all the industries that can’t operate.

I was referring to the UK Government here, admittedly. 

I believe the Scottish Government's powers are derived through this Act, so if it's not renewed they may be in a spot of bother. There have been enough false dawns from Westminster that I am far from convinced the promised reopening will happen. The opposition to it in the media which is what they seem to react to, is already well under way. 

Most of the Scottish headlines today refer to the SG being “under pressure” to delay reopening with a “plea” for caution.

The detail of the articles then quote just one virologist who is clearly out to make a name for themselves. Looking to fill the void left behind by Devi and Deepti. Best ignored.

Edited by Spider Rico

Literally walked in the door of the office today and was told that I’d gone through the wrong door, should’ve used the one right next to it. 

Passed the temperature check though.

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It is feasible that we'll end up being under restrictions again anyway, most likely under the guise of protecting the NHS again. But if we don't get them gone on August, it is almost certain they will remain until spring. I can't see how they will be removed in say October when flu cases start picking up. 

At any rate, there have been too many false downs here. It is about time governments started to feel serious heat for their failure to deliver. These restrictions have a fundamental and serious  impact on people's lives, in a lot cases their employment and economic prospects. To mess everyone around by casually delaying the roll back of restrictions is very much in the category of unfair. 

I'm fortunate my livelihood doesn't depend on retail, travel or hospitality. I find the delays very frustrating but if my livelihood did depend on those, It would be anger rather than frustratiing. These sectors have been messed around far too much by empty promises, only to see their preparations dashed at the 11th hour on numerous occasions. 

Think the SG have already extended it until next Easter. 

Get everything opened and everyone back to work. 

Get the NHS operating normally with face to face APPTS and a major recruitment drive to redress a grossly under resourced service that it was pre Covid. TOO many non Covid are dying! 

All we are getting is waffle and bullshit and lazy fuckers in too many sectors hiding behind Covid not to do f**k all and go shopping midweek. 

Absolutely criminal what's going on, with governments complicit in ruining peoples lives and and many business sectors. You'd have to wonder at their goals in how they are weaponising this. 

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I was referring to the UK Government here, admittedly. 

I believe the Scottish Government's powers are derived through this Act, so if it's not renewed they may be in a spot of bother. There have been enough false dawns from Westminster that I am far from convinced the promised reopening will happen. The opposition to it in the media which is what they seem to react to, is already well under way. 

Aye it's the same process as leading up to the June deadline. Three weeks out and Sage members are starting to give interviews talking about keeping restrictions. 

13 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I just don't buy any of that, London is one of the most densely populated City's in the world and they've been partying down there in their millions recently whether it be Horse racing, Tennis, Football, illegal raves, the tens of thousands of house parties or pumping your ministerial adviser up the back of your office.

Image result for Kenneth Williams Matron

This led to many fewer deaths in Scotland, so I'd say that was a reasonable enough approach to take at the time. We bought the time for the vaccines to be rolled out, which almost certainly did save a lot of lives. However, dragging their heels now is no longer going to save lots of lives, so we need to see them sticking to the plan and getting the levels rolled down quickly as long as the hospital numbers stay roughly how they are (which I'm confident they will).
It was encouraging yesterday that the First Minister focused on vaccine rollout and not the infection numbers.