Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Basically, we have a group here that think it’s fine just to ignore the rules the rest of us have been working to, and that it’ll have no impact on the rest of us.  

It’s over, cigars, “everyone has been vaccinated”  etc, etc.  

If this slows down opening up by one single day, because they couldn’t be arsed with the risk they might get the virus and have to restrict their movements in the slightest way, then frankly f*** em. 

Oh, I forgot.  It was a joke.  No-ones doing that…

^^^^

Jason Leitch. 

11 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Basically, we have a group here that think it’s fine just to ignore the rules the rest of us have been working to, and that it’ll have no impact on the rest of us.  

If this slows down opening up by one single day, because they couldn’t be arsed with the risk they might get the virus and have to restrict their movements in the slightest way, then frankly f*** em. 

^^^ Gets up at 6am every day to say good morning to Devi on Twitter.

Edited by sparky88

Not sure how the Scottish Covid app works, but I signed on to the Portuguese and Spanish ones when I was over there, and before ticking the final box was assured that they were entirely anonymous and if I came into contact with someone who was positive it would be entirely up to me whether I self isolated and got tested, though they obviously recommended that I did. Is it the same with the Scottish one? I have downloaded it btw, but ignored the blurb.

Not sure how the Scottish Covid app works, but I signed on to the Portuguese and Spanish ones when I was over there, and before ticking the final box was assured that they were entirely anonymous and if I came into contact with someone who was positive it would be entirely up to me whether I self isolated and got tested, though they obviously recommended that I did. Is it the same with the Scottish one? I have downloaded it btw, but ignored the blurb.
Pretty sure if you're told to isolate you have to legally or risk paying a fine, that's what I've been told although could be pish.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So far through the looking glass on this pandemic that we’ve got a clyde fan moralising. 

I’m afraid to say, a Clyde fan who has been to 1 game in the last 4 years (when a certain someone was suspended)…

Normality is so close we can all taste it. Deepti and her fellow cultists will be absolutely fucking beelinggreggy.png greggy.png greggy.png greggy.png greggy.png

Posted at 18:54

Rise in cases will end when all children have been infected - professor

image.gif.60094def8b621a0630c2125e6d14563d.gif
Copyright: Getty Images

The UK's rise in Covid cases will end "when most children have had the infection", says Paul Hunter, professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia.

He tells BBC Radio 4's PM programme that getting the infection will protect them from more severe disease as adults.

He says there are four other major coronaviruses which generally infect us multiple times in our lives.

"I think that's almost certainly how this will play out. We will expect to have multiple Covid infections, most of us, for the rest of our lives," he says.

Prof Hunter says he would be "very uneasy" if the isolation of whole bubbles of school children was continued after the summer holidays.

He says by 19 July, when all restrictions are expected to end in England, schools will have closed for summer holidays and about two thirds of adults will have had both vaccines.

"We've got to end the restrictions and come to some sort of more equilibrium with the virus and I think 19 July is the best date for some time, and certainly before we head into winter," he says.

"If we leave it into the autumn, we will have higher pressure from not only Covid but a lot of the other infections that are already coming back now," he adds.

The mood music from the Scottish & uk government’s as well as most of the media today sounds to me as if it’s profoundly changed to “ don’t worry about cases we’re going to be fine” although sturgeons voice sounded like she knows she has a mountain to climb de- lovejoying a large part of the population

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The mood music from the Scottish & uk government’s as well as most of the media today sounds to me as if it’s profoundly changed to “ don’t worry about cases we’re going to be fine” although sturgeons voice sounded like she knows she has a mountain to climb de- lovejoying a large part of the population

Be interesting to hear what she says in tomorrow’s briefing. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

100% and with Javid in as Health sec it's a guarantee that lockdowns will be a thing of the past and test free foreign travel very much on the horizon, despite our high case rates.

Not before time I may add.......

Has any expert said why cases are surging so much in Scotland now?  I’m kind of interested in why rates have absolutely skyrocketed. I saw chat that it was due to gatherings to watch out the football but not sure that really marries up perfectly. And would people not be gathering in England and Wales as well, why is the rise higher in Scotland?

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Has any expert said why cases are surging so much in Scotland now?  I’m kind of interested in why rates have absolutely skyrocketed. I saw chat that it was due to gatherings to watch out the football but not sure that really marries up perfectly. And would people not be gathering in England and Wales as well, why is the rise higher in Scotland?

Less people have previously been infected in Scotland than England and Wales, so less natural immunity, is one theory.

5 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Less people have previously been infected in Scotland than England and Wales, so less natural immunity, is one theory.

Exactly this. We have been so cautious we are behind the curve.

By the same token this is why Australia and New Zealand may be absolutely fucked now with the delta variant.

12 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Exactly this. We have been so cautious we are behind the curve.

By the same token this is why Australia and New Zealand may be absolutely fucked now with the delta variant.

Speaking of down under...

They may have had it good, relatively speaking, but not a chance would I swap circumstances with them. We will be back to normal very soon. They'll be lucky to be fully back to normal this time next year, as they will need to open their borders and have an epidemic of some scale at some point, even if they can get utterly sky high vaccination rates.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

image.gif.fc19bc0057ce5c9039929895dba65ec6.gif