Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Think I’ll play it safe and not book abroad until next year. We’re both fully vaccinated but I can’t be arsed going out and being charged a fortune on tests only to then end up having to isolate upon arrival because of government arguments etc.

Day trips around Scotland it is, I’ll still enjoy that.
We have decided likewise. Spent the weekend passed in Tarbert, glorious both days. York next month and maybe just maybe Canaries end November if it's totally normal.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It is quite mad when you meet people who are like this.  I'm sure I've posted this a million times but I used to work with a guy who was a flat earther, not ironically, not for a lugh, a genuine flat earther.  Not to give too much away, but I work for a satellite broadcaster.  From his office you could literally walk round the corner and there was a big screen monitoring all the feeds coming in from the satellites, literally showing them orbiting the earth.  🤷‍♂️

He also refused vaccines as he thought they were the government killing people.  He didn't drink tapwater as he thought the government put chemicals in it to turn everyone gay - unsure why the government want us all to be gay, never got that bit.  He did, however, regularly visit brothels to have sex with prostitutes (he told me this) and went to Turkey to get a hair transplant and have his Gynecomastia treated (man boob removal). 

Sum boi.

Has any P&Ber (other than @Shandon Par)...

Just now, FFCinthearea said:

Is anyone else still giving their real track and trace details in bars and restaurants?  I've just about exhausted the Moe's Tavern crank call namelist.

When we were in London last week we had to sign in manually as you can't use the app without an English/Welsh postcode.  Mickey and Minnie Mouse for us.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Same here. After years of putting up with hayfever, I know what's what. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Glad it’s not just me today - went outside and my eyes felt like they exploded. Long time since I’ve had it as bad as this.

I was at a wedding over the weekend - masks binned before it started and any semblance of distancing went as well. Only 16 people there but it was superb.

Surprisingly the symptoms of a weekend wedding aftermath are very similar to COVID…

57 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Sneezing isn’t a fucking symptom either.

The worst part.

55 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Same. My hayfever has been brutal today.

Calmed down now after a double hit of antihistamine but nose still running like mad.

First time I’ve been floored this year after being out all day yesterday got to work and it’s hit me like a bus.

30 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Wee lass just been sent home from nursery there to get a PCR.

Anyone any idea how long it’s taking to get results at the moment? Are kids in nursery / school prioritised or anything?

Same for my daughter last week and got the results overnight. I think a lot of the kids are getting sick just now with other stuff that they didn't catch over the winter.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
52 minutes ago, Michael W said:
Nick Triggle is the BBC's health correspondent. Hopefully he sues her for these defamatory remarks. 

Reading her Twitter - she has seriously lost it.

It's quite the viewing. Reads almost like one of those resignation emails that ends up being forwarded round the office for lols.

Accuses the BBC and in particular their health correspondent of promoting misinformation. 

Moaning that she's being ignored and thinks the system is silencing her. 

Criticising other scientists for not backing her. 

Indulging in borderline conspiracy theories. 

Criticising SAGE and other scientists for being part of some nefarious conspiracy. 

I see she has outlined she is suffering unspecified health problems.II don't want to speculate on what those may be, but a quiet spell away from forms of media seems like it might be a good idea. 

3,285 new cases of COVID-19 reported*

27,226 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

12.6% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Registers are generally closed at the weekend)

20 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (17 yesterday)

202 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (196 yesterday).

3,765,379 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,691,775 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, jamieson87 said:

3285 new cases.

12.6% positivity rate. 

Are any of those the delayed results?

Huge figures but i'm seeing so much targeted mass testing that i'm not really surprised. The schools here were riddled when they broke up and folks are still being contacted to go and get tested so i'd expect little slow down this week but would like to see a drop off fairly soon, just quite depressing seeing those types of figures . 

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

3,285 new cases of COVID-19 reported*

27,226 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

12.6% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Registers are generally closed at the weekend)

20 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (17 yesterday)

202 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (196 yesterday).

3,765,379 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,691,775 have received their second dose

3 weeks of 1000 plus cases a day and the hospital numbers rise by .... 4 , fuckin 4!  we just don't know !!

Are any of those the delayed results?
Huge figures but i'm seeing so much targeted mass testing that i'm not really surprised. The schools here were riddled when they broke up and folks are still being contacted to go and get tested so i'd expect little slow down this week but would like to see a drop off fairly soon, just quite depressing seeing those types of figures .