Coronavirus (COVID-19)

An ‘expert’ now saying that restrictions should not be eased in August due to ‘long covid’.

“The risks specific to the virus are long-Covid, we don’t understand that,” she told the BBC.

“Between one in ten and one in 12 people get long-Covid. We don’t know what that means in the long-term.

“We also don’t know other long-term consequences of virus infections, so neurological complications are a significant concern.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/highest-level-of-caution-urged-for-easing-of-covid-rules?top

Mrs Fifer is royally pissed off. It's her birthday this weekend, and we have a shitload of things planned. Outdoor theatre trip, visit to Nottingham Castle, restaurant, etc.
Gets a phonecall this morning to he told that one of her work colleagues at nursery had a positive LFT over the weekend, now waiting on the PCR, if positive she's probably going to be told to isolate for 10 days....
We're both fully jabbed.

20 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The Yorkshire/Lancashire rivalry amuses me - I assumed it was a mutual dislike of equals before checking a map and realise its more like David Rappaport having beef with Andre the Giant. 

The English are fucking weird sometimes.

Someone told me that Bristol and Bath have a rivalry which is bizarre. 

An ‘expert’ now saying that restrictions should not be eased in August due to ‘long covid’.

“The risks specific to the virus are long-Covid, we don’t understand that,” she told the BBC.

“Between one in ten and one in 12 people get long-Covid. We don’t know what that means in the long-term.

“We also don’t know other long-term consequences of virus infections, so neurological complications are a significant concern.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/highest-level-of-caution-urged-for-easing-of-covid-rules?top

"Long covid" is not a justification for keeping restrictions on people's lives and businesses. I really don't understand why these nutters think it's possible to stop people getting a widespread respiratory virus.

Sneezing like mad the day with a runny nose and the first thing my work say is - do a covid test, nothing do with the high pollen levels and the grass at work being cut this morning at all.

Sneezing isn’t a fucking symptom either.

40 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Sneezing like mad the day with a runny nose and the first thing my work say is - do a covid test, nothing do with the high pollen levels and the grass at work being cut this morning at all.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Glad it’s not just me today - went outside and my eyes felt like they exploded. Long time since I’ve had it as bad as this.

I was at a wedding over the weekend - masks binned before it started and any semblance of distancing went as well. Only 16 people there but it was superb.

Surprisingly the symptoms of a weekend wedding aftermath are very similar to COVID…

Same. My hayfever has been brutal today.

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Outright misinformation in this article. Should be flagged as such.

Malta and Portugal only accepting double jagged visitors from yesterday. Exemption for under 12s as long as they do a negative test but no such relaxation for 13-18 year olds wrecking family holidays to quarantine free Malta especially for thousands who had only just booked on the back of the green change last week. Foreign travel is a total minefield and if anything way worse than the unvaccinated summer last year.

13 minutes ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Deepti’s thrown her toys out the pram. You love to see it. 

60D43710-404A-46E8-BE78-898103219EF6.jpeg

8DF9629C-3570-4379-BBCE-5015509136B1.jpeg

Made up illness so she can slink off back under her rock pretending not to lose face imo.

ETA.  By slagging the BBC she's also biting the hand that feeds her.

Edited by Left Back

Malta and Portugal only accepting double jagged visitors from yesterday. Exemption for under 12s as long as they do a negative test but no such relaxation for 13-18 year olds wrecking family holidays to quarantine free Malta especially for thousands who had only just booked on the back of the green change last week. Foreign travel is a total minefield and if anything way worse than the unvaccinated summer last year.

Think I’ll play it safe and not book abroad until next year. We’re both fully vaccinated but I can’t be arsed going out and being charged a fortune on tests only to then end up having to isolate upon arrival because of government arguments etc.

Day trips around Scotland it is, I’ll still enjoy that.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

No bad thing provided boosters are only given to those who need them (the elderly and vulnerable) and we aren't kept under some form of restrictions until everyone has had a booster jag.

Even the elderly and vulnerable is still a lot of people to jag.

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Even the elderly and vulnerable is still a lot of people to jag.

Could they administer it with the seasonal flu jag?