Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's sad the way scaremongering has made certain people. I was at the rugby yesterday as my mate couldnt use his ticket. A guy along from me left midway through the 1st half with his teenage son as they didnt feel "safe". When are they ever going to feel safe if they didnt in a sanitised environment with 3 seater between folk and face masks 🙄

This didn't happen did it?

I got told off by some 19 year old kid behind the bar for not putting my mask on to walk the 4 metres from my table to the door to outside. You would think I'd stood up with a loaded gun the way he reacted and shouted across the pub. This nonsense has broken us as a species.
Whilst I do agree with the sentiment, I'm certain we were already pretty broken and all this shit has done is trigger the brokenness for the cream of the broken. It has definitely been a showcase for people/places to avoid in future.

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bit of a strange article from Sarah Vine today about Hancock. You could easily be mistaken for thinking it might just be aimed at her husband, the lesser spotted Michael Gove.

Dianne Abbot near enough outright said Gove is having an affair on Twitter last night. 

Daily Cases Update:  Cases up now for the 51st day in a row 13% to 290.8 per 100K and infectivity up to 7.8%.  Set to go above the peak of 4th January. So be a really interesting point to compare hospitalisations and ICU against that date.  We are now nearly 3 times higher than the 2nd worst country in Europe.

If your listening Andy Burnham, we have now soared past your dives. Now got the top 4 in the UK and 7 of the top 10.  So can't imagine your really want our plagued citizens now anyway.

East Lothian in Level one has the enviable position of the most infected council area in the UK.    Somehow it manages to have less restrictions than most of Scotland. It is 100 clear of Blackburn & 200 clear of Manchester.

Dundee manages to have 13.4% infectivity.

New European figures today.   Scotland 290.8, England 111.8, Russia 83.7, Portugal 80.3, Northern Ireland 59.7, Spain 51.6, at other end we have Poland 2.8, Germany 6.2, Italy 10.9, France 20.7 all still dropping. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 17th June to 23rd June  were  14,066 now 15,888 to  up 12.95%.  Positivity was 7.1% now 7.8%.   Cases per 100k were 257.5 now 290.8

Home Nations Daily update (2 Days) :  UK Average  100.8 to 114.0 up 13.10%, England  101.5 to 111.8 up 10.15%,  Wales 39.5 to 47.5 up 20.25%, Northern Ireland 53.1 to 59.7 up 12.43%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

East Lothian   550.0 to 594.8 LEVEL 1 and top spot  in the UK.  Also Mussleburgh South 1,306 cases per 100K Scotland's no go area.

Dundee City  521.0 to 585.3 Up to number 2 spot in the UK 

Midlothian  466.1 to 519.1   Up  to 3rd in UK

City Of Edinburgh  445.0 to 502.0 Up to 4th spot in the UK

West Dunbartonshire  340.7 to 378.9  LEVEL 1 Up to 7th in the UK

East Ayrshire 336.0 to 363.1   Up to 8th in the UK

East Dunbartonshire  299.2 to 346.1 Up to 10th in the UK

Renfrewshire 273.0 to 322.1  Up 18%

East Renfrewshire   279.5 to 313.0 

Glasgow City   273.1 to 303.3 

Perth & Kinross  273.1 to 298.1  LEVEL 1  

West Lothian    236.5 to 267.6   LEVEL1 

Angus   227.2 to 267.6  LEVEL 1

South Lanarkshire    241.8 to 264.6 

Aberdeen City  222.2 to 257.6 LEVEL1 

Scottish  Borders 221.6 to 258.9 LEVEL 1 

North Lanarkshire    232.6 to 257.5

North Ayrshire  227.1 to 239.7 

Argyll & Bute  217.8 to 237.6 LEVEL 1 

Fife   194.1 to 234.2  LEVEL 1

Falkirk   191.4 to 225.6  LEVEL 1 

Inverclyde  188.9 to 212.1  LEVEL 1 

Clackmannanshire  174.6 to 196.0

South Ayrshire    185.6 to 191.8

Stirling   150.7  to 180.4

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Aberdeenshire    123.7 to 145.5  

Dumfries & Galloway   115.5 to 135.0

Highlands  97.5 to 125.1  

Shetland Islands  65.4 to 61.1 

Moray  38.6 to 51.1

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Orkney Islands    40.4 to 35.9

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Edited by superbigal

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

In terms of the concession stands, the location at Murrayfield being fully outside the stadium while still inside the gates (ie beyond the turnstyles), rather than inside the stadium bowl itself probably had an effect on this decision. As for having to turn up 4 hours in advance, from what I've seen and read, entry slots are standard across all the Euro 2020 venues, not just Hampden. Do you know of anyone who has been refused entry because they didn't turn up at their allocated slot? If you read the T&Cs on the back, match tickets in general have a suggested arrival time of something like 90 minutes before anyway, and no one ever pays attention to that anyway. And according to the SRU's T&Cs for yesterday, there was an arrival window for each ticket.

There were also no under-14s allowed at yesterday's game at Murrayfield. I may be wrong, but I don't think that is a restriction for Hampden?

FWIW, I agree that the concession stands not being open at Hampden was utterly ridiculous. I don't agree that football has been unfairly treated while rugby is the darling of the Scot Gov. If rugby is getting any semblance of better treatment, it's because the SRU have been better at lobbying for it.

The sporting governing bodies should be working together to provide a cohesive plan for a return for all fans at all levels. Instead, we have shite like "the eggchasers are allowed to do what they want, and fitba is being punished"

I was at Hampden for the Czech Republic game, and the perimeter fence and entrance points were well outside Hampden. The UEFA merchandising stalls and the match programme stalls were outside the stadium itself, not the stadium concourses. There was plenty of space to have set up food and drink stalls where people could have queued outside in an orderly socially-distanced fashion, but no effort was made to cater to the fans at all. When your ticket is €175, and your entrance slot is 3 hours before kick-off (as ours were) you expect more concession towards customer service than just being able to get a cup of lukewarm water now and again, and be told that you can only bring a ‘small amount’ of food into the stadium in one A5-sized transparent bag provided upon entry (which admittedly turned out to be more like an A3-sized bag, though little consolation by the time you’d arrived at the stadium prepared with your micro-sized food allowance). The terms and conditions specified that the closure of food and drink outlets was ‘due to U.K. government Covid regulations’, which was patently not the case, as we also have tickets for the final at Wembley and food and drink outlets are open as normal - ‘food and drink will be available on all levels - this includes alcohol’ - (although we need proof of full vaccination or a negative LFT test to get in). So in effect, the closure of food and drink concessions was entirely due to Scottish government restrictions, not U.K.-wide restrictions. Which makes the fact that food and drink outlets were open as normal at Murrayfield yesterday completely bemusing. Still, par for the course as far as Scot Gov’s illogical, incoherent and often contradictory Covid regulations go. 

Edited by Frankie S

I was at Hampden for the Czech Republic game, and the perimeter fence and entrance points were well outside Hampden. The UEFA merchandising stalls and the match programme stalls were outside the stadium itself, not the stadium concourses. There was plenty of space to have set up food and drink stalls where people could have queued outside in an orderly socially-distanced fashion, but no effort was made to cater to the fans at all. When your ticket is €175, and your entrance slot is 3 hours before kick-off (as ours were) you expect more concession towards customer service than just being able to get a cup of lukewarm water now and again, and be told that you can only bring a ‘small amount’ of food into the stadium in one A5-sized transparent bag provided upon entry (which admittedly turned out to be more like an A3-sized bag, though little consolation by the time you’d arrived at the stadium prepared with your micro-sized food allowance). The terms and conditions specified that the closure of food and drink outlets was ‘due to U.K. government Covid regulations’, which was patently not the case, as we also have tickets for the final at Wembley and food and drink outlets are open as normal - ‘food and drink will be available on all levels - this includes alcohol’ - (although we need proof of full vaccination or a negative LFT test to get in). So in effect, the closure of food and drink concessions was entirely due to Scottish government restrictions, not U.K.-wide restrictions. Which makes the fact that food and drink outlets were open as normal at Murrayfield yesterday completely bemusing. Still, par for the course as far as Scot Gov’s illogical, incoherent and often contradictory Covid regulations go. 

Maybe one for unpopular opinions this one
A few years back when we played sevco at home 2 pissed up rangers fans who were not wearing colours were sat in the home end a few rows down from us in the main stand
They spent the entire first half trying to noise up everyone around them
Called everyone around them ****** c***s
And tried to pick fights with anyone who would take their bait before eventually getting chucked out by the polis, that was only 2 at an otherwise segregated event when we had to listen to the usual shite from the rest of the away support.
Not just the old firm either, largish brawl on the grassy park at Alexander avenue with hibs after the play off in 2016 not just the dancing teenagers but folk who are old enough to know better
Yet the posho rugby fans can have 65 thousand for Scotland v England with no segregation and alcohol on sale yet the police don’t have a tantrum and there are relatively few arrests made for an event of that size
On balance treating different sports fans with different rules might have a wee bit of merrit

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A few guys in my work have been going back to the office and said that it was very staid and tense. You are pushed around by one way systems, have intrusive plastic panels etc and have a covid warden patrolling to check on people.  I said that I could well believe it but that going by Scottish government advice that should end on August 9th. Everyone agreed but also said that it would probably stay the same because people wouldn’t feel safe going} 0 poohygie ol8ne theatre creates a false impression and also causes a lot of the anxiety. It’s a catch 22 and probably means a lot of people will stay working from home forever.

Similar for me. I've just moved house and therefore do not have broadband currently, so was in the office most of last week. Whilst we don't have plastic crap everywhere, there are the other standard measures in place:

- Capacity limit of 30%. In practice given we've to book a desk, I'd say total capacity is around 20-25% due to the desks that are not bookable. There are maybe a couple of dozen out of c500 that have been in. 

- One way entrance and exit with one way system in place for walking round the office. Since I can't be arsed doing a massive detour everytime I go to the toilet or to get a cup of tea or glass of water, I ignore the latter. 

- Wear a mask when moving around the office. The most pointless of theatre. 

- Maximum of one or two in the kitchen at any time, depending on size. 

-Meeting rooms limited on capacity depending on size and face to face meetings discouraged. 

-My personal favourite: designated sides of the stairway to walk on, coz Covid. On a staircase that is at best four feet wide. 

Thursday and Friday there were a few of us so. It was pretty good. When it's empty it's utterly soul destroying though. 

My work put in an assortment of covid stuff last year - duct tape up the middle of the stairs, signs on the wall saying there should only be one person in a corridor which is about three feet wide and has five doors leading directly into it, that sort of thing. It's complete performance theatre. Don't forget the signs saying masks must be worn in all areas... apart from the canteen, which is where the virus apparently stops. Fortunately nobody's paid that much attention to it, as far as I'm aware. I think if someone harangued me for taking a mask off two feet from the exit of a shop I'd just tell them I feel sorry for them.

37 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Maybe one for unpopular opinions this one
A few years back when we played sevco at home 2 pissed up rangers fans who were not wearing colours were sat in the home end a few rows down from us in the main stand
They spent the entire first half trying to noise up everyone around them
Called everyone around them ****** c***s
And tried to pick fights with anyone who would take their bait before eventually getting chucked out by the polis, that was only 2 at an otherwise segregated event when we had to listen to the usual shite from the rest of the away support.
Not just the old firm either, largish brawl on the grassy park at Alexander avenue with hibs after the play off in 2016 not just the dancing teenagers but folk who are old enough to know better
Yet the posho rugby fans can have 65 thousand for Scotland v England with no segregation and alcohol on sale yet the police don’t have a tantrum and there are relatively few arrests made for an event of that size
On balance treating different sports fans with different rules might have a wee bit of merrit

Bring strict liability into spectator sport, wont impact on places where fans already behave, pushes other less well behaved fans etc to behave also.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Clownshoes giving the patronising guff about putting things in “pencil” and “we have to learn a new word - indicative”

I’d still think he was a cock if he spoke to adults like adults, but he’s absolutely infuriating with that shite.

He’s just clinging on to any attention he can get before we go back to never having to listen to him again in 6 weeks time. Best ignored. It’s over. 

He’s just clinging on to any attention he can get before we go back to never having to listen to him again in 6 weeks time. Best ignored. It’s over. 
I really do get the sense hel be a bit gutted. The condescending wee w**k.

Similar for me. I've just moved house and therefore do not have broadband currently, so was in the office most of last week. Whilst we don't have plastic crap everywhere, there are the other standard measures in place:
- Capacity limit of 30%. In practice given we've to book a desk, I'd say total capacity is around 20-25% due to the desks that are not bookable. There are maybe a couple of dozen out of c500 that have been in. 
- One way entrance and exit with one way system in place for walking round the office. Since I can't be arsed doing a massive detour everytime I go to the toilet or to get a cup of tea or glass of water, I ignore the latter. 
- Wear a mask when moving around the office. The most pointless of theatre. 
- Maximum of one or two in the kitchen at any time, depending on size. 
-Meeting rooms limited on capacity depending on size and face to face meetings discouraged. 
-My personal favourite: designated sides of the stairway to walk on, coz Covid. On a staircase that is at best four feet wide. 
Thursday and Friday there were a few of us so. It was pretty good. When it's empty it's utterly soul destroying though. 

One or two in the kitchen depending on size? One chubby or two skinny folk?

47 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Clownshoes giving the patronising guff about putting things in “pencil” and “we have to learn a new word - indicative”

I’d still think he was a cock if he spoke to adults like adults, but he’s absolutely infuriating with that shite.

He's an arrogant wee fucker. The sooner he slides back into obscurity, the better for everyone's mental health. This constant barrage of fear has normally sane folk absolutely terrified.

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was up in Fountainbridge last night and pubs and restaurants were heaving with Lions fans, clearly few of whom were local to Murrayfield.

Respect, from a Zebra fan x